Western Style Sofas

lotus eater

I am told that Chiangmai is not a centre for this - if there is such a centre at all; that Chiangmai (and the north) is a centre for wood furniture in thai or other styles.

I am looking to buy drawing room sofas and armchairs of high quality - well made bases, good, well stitched/upholstered fabrics/cushions. Since I want good stuff I would expect high prices - but I don't want stuff that's expensive because it's imported from outside ASEAN.

Someone has suggested I go to a Bangkok furniture fair which is apparently on now. Is this my best bet? Shopping in Chiangmai or on the web would of course be more convenient - if it would give me the styles and quality I want. (I have so far identified just one Chiangmai shop called 'Oriental Style' - which is OK but I'd like more choice).

I am not looking to buy in huge quantities - just enough to furnish a house.

I will much appreciate any helpful ideas, suggestions, comments about shops, factories (or websites) accessible from Chiangmai.

Try Chan Furniture one of the sponsers towards the top of the page. I'm not sure if they stock what you are looking for but they are certainly worth talking too - if they haven't got it they may be able to get it for you :o

Am puzzled. The 4 sponsors I see on this age are gecko, lucky dogs, tuskers & cm apartments. No chan.

Try Chan Furniture one of the sponsers towards the top of the page. I'm not sure if they stock what you are looking for but they are certainly worth talking too - if they haven't got it they may be able to get it for you :o

Am puzzled. The 4 sponsors I see on this age are gecko, lucky dogs, tuskers & cm apartments. No chan.

Here's a link to their site.

They actually sponsor the Chiang Mai FAQ's (sic - no idea why there's an apostrophe that Blinky Bill has not corrected) and Events sub-forum which resides at the top of the page of the Chiang Mai Forum but you won't see any of that if you are reading your thread about sofas, you need to go back a level - phew!

JxP

Try a shop called Bangkok Furniture, on the Middle Ring ,just North of the underpass with the New Sankamphaeng Road. (left hand side when driving North), or alternatively take a left turn when driving East-bound on the New Sankamphaeng Road when you get to the Middle Ring.

(Note: It's close to the intersection, if you take the underpass going north you probably exit the tunnel once already past it; not sure completely but best to not take the tunnel going North.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai