Australian Touristvisa For Thai

My lady in thailand has just applied for a thai passport. We want to travel around Thailand when I go back next month.Then she would like to visit Australia with me just as a tourist no intention to stay but she tell's me by phone that people where she applied for the passport say she can cross boarders by land but she is not allowed to fly out of the country for 6 months can anybody shed any light on this anyone heard of it before sort of defeats the purpose of getting a passport in the first place any help appreciated.Thank you

My lady in thailand has just applied for a thai passport. We want to travel around Thailand when I go back next month.Then she would like to visit Australia with me just as a tourist no intention to stay but she tell's me by phone that people where she applied for the passport say she can cross boarders by land but she is not allowed to fly out of the country for 6 months can anybody shed any light on this anyone heard of it before sort of defeats the purpose of getting a passport in the first place any help appreciated.Thank you

I have certainly never heard of anything like that before. Perhaps she is trying to delay applying for a tourist visa (for at least 6 months anyway). Sorry that I can’t be of any help.

Good Luck

bridge

No truth in that at all....once she has the passport she can travel where and how she chooses

thanks for the input didnt make sense to me either mabye after looking at other forums she may have got mixed up with a spouse visa seems they have to wait 6 months for those. one more question please is there any sort of waiting period just for a tourist visa for say a month or two thanks for your help again

thanks for the input didnt make sense to me either mabye after looking at other forums she may have got mixed up with a spouse visa seems they have to wait 6 months for those. one more question please is there any sort of waiting period just for a tourist visa for say a month or two thanks for your help again

Once the completed application is submitted, and providing that nothing else is needed by the DIAC to determine the application, generally 3-5 business days.

bridge

Not so. My girlfriend was told the same thing by her friends though. They get confused about the fact that they need at least 6 months of validity left on the passport. i.e. you can't fly out with a passport that expires next month. Not sure exactly where that rule comes from, but it is a condition of entering nearly every country anyway (including Thailand).

Edited by cocopops

I can see the point there they need 6 months vadility left on a passport. But my girls passport is brand new she only recieved it last week thanks again everybody for the input put my mind at rest trying to get her a tourist visa for Australia we want to go to Vietnam first anyway I just thought with everybody's hassles to get spouce visa's a tourist one might be the same again everybody thanks heaps