Overstayers Have Your Money Ready

McLovin

I am getting tired of reading post the like of "will they charge for overstaying", "it is not our fault" blah blah blah ... Wake up people, of course they will. This is not a normal country, it is a failed state that has fallen into the abyss. Thailand has always been a dirty cash grab ... any opportunity to extort money without thinking of long term consequences has been the norm. Just look back at the thousands of previous topics/post on Thai Visa over the years which have touched on this topic. Most were met with the holier than thou die responses from die hard farangs that were prepared to defend Thailand at any cost. At the moment tourism is thriving in Thailand, because no one can leave ... As soon as the airports are open again there will be a mass exodus of people who have finally had enough ... Will the last one out shut the door.

I am getting tired of reading post the like of "will they charge for overstaying", "it is not our fault" blah blah blah ... Wake up people, of course they will. This is not a normal country, it is a failed state that has fallen into the abyss. Thailand has always been a dirty cash grab ... any opportunity to extort money without thinking of long term consequences has been the norm. Just look back at the thousands of previous topics/post on Thai Visa over the years which have touched on this topic. Most were met with the holier than thou die responses from die hard farangs that were prepared to defend Thailand at any cost. At the moment tourism is thriving in Thailand, because no one can leave ... As soon as the airports are open again there will be a mass exodus of people who have finally had enough ... Will the last one out shut the door.
I am not a tourist, neither is my wife but we will gladly shut the door when we leave Thailand for good :o

You damned cynic you!

why would you think that the immigration wouldn't want to be generous???? They will probably pass a law in the next 24 hours where the charge is a million a day, just to pay for the shit they have.

The dumb gits unfortunately had a captive market at the airport, then went and closed the exchange booths, the restaurants etc..the usual Thai business skills, they could have made a killing...the cops or the army will probably make a real killing later tonight though!

You damned cynic you!

why would you think that the immigration wouldn't want to be generous???? They will probably pass a law in the next 24 hours where the charge is a million a day, just to pay for the shit they have.

The dumb gits unfortunately had a captive market at the airport, then went and closed the exchange booths, the restaurants etc..the usual Thai business skills, they could have made a killing...the cops or the army will probably make a real killing later tonight though!

knowing other countries, I must tell they are all the same.

I know two cases where USA did broke international and national law. Damage for me 150 USD in the other case maybe 500-800 USD but who want to go thru the courts for that little money. thailand is no exception.

It is buerocracy! The law tells if you overstay you have to pay 500 Baht per day. for sure it does not tell anything about exceptions.

You damned cynic you!

I hope not literally ....

That is one thing I have learnt about Thailand, if there is a baht to be made, then dam_n the consequences down the track. Better to make one baht today than worry about the next. I love Thailand, but I am afraid they are their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

ps. If truth be told, they have never wanted us here anyway, just out $$$

You damned cynic you!

That is one thing I have learnt about Thailand, if there is a baht to be made, then dam_n the consequences down the track. Better to make one baht today than worry about the next. I love Thailand, but I am afraid they are their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

ps. If truth be told, they have never wanted us here anyway, just out $$$

Live for today and not tomorrow

You damned cynic you!

ps. If truth be told, they have never wanted us here anyway, just out $$

Exactly!

They don't want us here, where we can spy upon their corrupt little world, of power and corruption, they hate it! But regarding our presence, it's only the money, hence the long stay visa regs. and yes us poor suckers who are in the sticks may lose everything! BURN THE FARANG AND GET HIS HOUSE...

I applaude your honesty, most of the posters here are PAD aligned retards.

Edited by Underdog