Getting To Kl

Dont Panic

I've been told by my airline that if suvarnabhumi is still shut when I'm due to fly to the UK (in a week) then all flights will be out of KL. I have two daughters aged 2 and 6 months.......who here would contemplate the journey to KL!? I’m guessing we would need to take the train down to Had Yai and then a bus down to the capital……I don’t care about cost but does anyone have a rough idea of how long that would take……I’m guessing 20 hours non stop!??

I've been told by my airline that if suvarnabhumi is still shut when I'm due to fly to the UK (in a week) then all flights will be out of KL. I have two daughters aged 2 and 6 months.......who here would contemplate the journey to KL!? I'm guessing we would need to take the train down to Had Yai and then a bus down to the capital……I don't care about cost but does anyone have a rough idea of how long that would take……I'm guessing 20 hours non stop!??

It would take about 19 hours by train from BKK to Hatyai. Hatyai to the Malaysian border is 1 hour by taxi or van. From there 5-1/2 hours to KL.

I've been told by my airline that if suvarnabhumi is still shut when I'm due to fly to the UK (in a week) then all flights will be out of KL. I have two daughters aged 2 and 6 months.......who here would contemplate the journey to KL!? I'm guessing we would need to take the train down to Had Yai and then a bus down to the capital……I don't care about cost but does anyone have a rough idea of how long that would take……I'm guessing 20 hours non stop!??

It would take about 19 hours by train from BKK to Hatyai. Hatyai to the Malaysian border is 1 hour by taxi or van. From there 5-1/2 hours to KL.

Get a first class cabin on the train. Timetable on the web, google state railway of thailand. Or bus to Chiang Mai/Phuket/Krabi and catch AirAsia. www.AirAsia.com

I would not recommned, but you can catch www.bangkokair.com U-Ta-pow to Samui, then www.fireflyz.com.my to Kuala Lumpur old airport.

Also you can train all the way to KL, change train either in Had Yai or Butterworth (penang).

Get a first class cabin on the train. Timetable on the web, google state railway of thailand. Or bus to Chiang Mai/Phuket/Krabi and catch AirAsia. www.AirAsia.com

I would not recommned, but you can catch www.bangkokair.com U-Ta-pow to Samui, then www.fireflyz.com.my to Kuala Lumpur old airport.

Also you can train all the way to KL, change train either in Had Yai or Butterworth (penang).

Bangkok Air from Uptapow to either Samui or Phuket is a sensible option, cannot comment on Fireflyz. Best option I think is train from Bangkok to Penang then air from Penang to KL. Get a first class berth and it should be a very pleasant trip. I understand from friends that this is a popular option at present and you may have problems trying to get a seat/berth.

ah, just the topic i was looking for. with PAD living in both airports and not liking the current goverment, i wasnt sure if the PAD had looked into closing the Bangkok train station [the gateway to malaysia]

i have been thinking of taking a holiday in thailand, and would rather fly to malaysia, and bus to butterworth and catch the 21 hr train ride to bangkok.

what i would like to know, if any thai person or falang could tell us, is whether the goverment bus stations are still running, or have the buses been taking over by third parties? not that it matters if its 3rd party or not.