Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The root of this is PAD trying to overthrow Thaksin and his 'cronies', maybe not a bad thing..... But the actions and methods the PAD choose to use in an effort to achieve their goal is 100% the PAD doing, so the airport closers are 100% the PAD fault...

I don't personally think PAD has overdone it - they only try to keep pressure on the govt to prevent it from excusing Thaksin of all crimes, past and future.

You think it's too much, fine - but the government doesn't think so, they are not abandoning their attempts to whitewash Thaskin just because they lost the govt house and now airports, and pretty much the whole capital.

What would it take to stop them?

PAD has always thought that their next step would be enough. They took the govt house - not enough, there was bloody Oct 7 - not enough, there was parliament blockade - not enough, they took over Don Muang office - not enough, they took over the airport - still not enough.

It looks like an overkill to you, but not to PAD's enemies.

When I read the solutions of rednecks Americans I'm not surprised anymore that they like a no brainer Sarah Pallin

i didn't know she won, that's awesome news!

exactly... henryalleman fails to see his example is poor at best, as the majority of us "redneck americans" voted against pallin....

I was in NYC when the networks called it for Barack Obama. I've never in my life seen such a collective, unanimous display of pure joy. People of all races and ages rushing out to the streets here in Bed-Stuy, smiling, crying, hugging complete strangers.

One day, I hope Thailand can experience what that is like. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

When I read the solutions of rednecks Americans I'm not surprised anymore that they like a no brainer Sarah Pallin

i didn't know she won, that's awesome news!

exactly... henryalleman fails to see his example is poor at best, as the majority of us "redneck americans" voted against pallin....

The official number of idiots in the United States has been reduced from 62,028,285 to 55,512,629 in the last four years, according to a survey conducted yesterday.

The statistics, compiled nationwide, did not take into account the approximately 64 million morons who did not vote.

Quote NTN>

OK--a Supreme court put into office by an illegal-unelected Coup, will throw out an elected government? I know ,most of you here are unaware of how a democracy works but NO COURT can remove a leader in a real democracy. Only the congress in America can do that and only the Parliament can do it in most others.

Who elected the court?

You should really get your facts straight before you post such falsehoods....it truly shows ignorance on your part about Thailand

The Court is put in place by only one man.....They answer to that same man......

Each county has an absolute right to structure their Constitution as they see fit.

And I in particular are not unaware of how a democracies works....

Thailand is a Constitutional Monarch.....not a USA style Democracy....

The Supreme Court existed prior to the coup.

The majority of Judges didn't change as far as I know.

Courts can find elected leaders guilty,

in USA then Presidents are impeached and the Senate trys them as a court.

But VP's and cabinet levels get convicted and usually have the good taste to resign.

Vice President Spiro Agnew for instance.

In parlimentary governments like UK cabinet minsters fall like domino's,

in most governments, what, one ever 6-9 months roughly averaged.

The PM answers to the Queen there. Strikes cause ministers to fall.

Here it is a bit different, but this government has no shame,

the longer they can hold on in a greatly distressed situation,

the longer their well heeled backers can scoup-up distressed assets.

Why is it we hear from the virulently anti-PAD about these fictitious payments but never from the Thai media? (not even the gov't controlled media?) Oh yeah .... because it isn't true .....

Yes, open mouth, insert foot.

Try a simple Google, which apparently you hadn't done before this latest bluff.

Bangkok Post (Thai media)

The Times (UK)

Daily News (Thai media)

Good try JD.

You have about as much credibility as your PAD cohorts. :o

its was only a reply to those who repeatedly wrote how in the US this occupation of an airport was impossible and how the law enforcement troops will act, also its was not I who start to talk about the juridical system. And believe me or not, I don't have the slightest interest in the States. But its seems to me that most of pro violent contributors are of American origin.

And maybe I don't live here all the time but I have close family and other relationships with this country for more than 30 years, and in recent years I spend more than 3 months a year in the country, and traveled all over it. I have friends in Isan and North even most of my Thai family live in Central Thailand and Bangkok. A niece of my wife even got the title of Khun Ying 2 years ago. I have family members who employ more than 1000 people in the seafood industry. Others are high ranked civil servants or have higher managment positions in public companies.( in fact I have the most humble position in my Thai family)

btw my Thai family and friends has Thaksin, PAD supporters and neutral bystanders.

So I Know the pro's and con's.

I'm a senior(+60) citizen and so is my wife(33 years married) and she knows the history and politics very well, even know some of the players family very good on a personal level.

So please don't pass judgement on a person who's background you don't know at all

kind regards

henry

PS, making your apologizes is not needed or neccesary :o

First let me say I really enjoyed a brief history of your Thai families accomplishments, they sound like great people! But their accomplishments have nothing to do with your American bashing rants.

Also why should no one pass judgment on you if they don't know you, but it’s okay for you to pass judgment on an entire country???

Last but not least a think an airport occupation of more than a day in America, England, or any major country is unthinkable and highly unlikely, so it’s only natural for Expats (soon you can call yourself that to!) coming from these countries to be amazed and make statements like this would never be allowed to happen in my home country. I guess at the end of the day it is TIT or "amazing Thailand" so it does not really matter what our home countries would or would not allow to happen.

It might be time for the international community to threaten Thailand with a trade embargo.
:oNot enough they should ask Bush to send the marines in to rescue the oppressed and kidnapped US civilians and protect US businesses.

It will have to effect to PAD.

good point, at this time i see boycott affecting no party, just the masses and countries economy.

Why do you find it needed to keep bringing america into this discussion? What in the hel_l does america have to do with Thailand's red vs yellow internal battle???? If America is such a "bad" country why is it so powerfull on an international stage?

Quit bringing America into this, America has nothing to do with this (all though you are the type that blames america for all evil in the world)

Apropo to Thailand interests.

Yes America supported some Thai military back in the day, but through the government of the day.

And without that support Thailand could quite likely have fallen down the path of Laos and Cambodia.

Not a pretty picture me thinks.

SO yes some entrenched older style policies stayed in effect, but DID eventually fade out bit by bit,

but jaggedly, not some smooth linear transition. We are in yet another jaggy edge,

but still basically on the Thai path.

And it's a bit wild now, but not Laos or Cambodia... for THAT we can be quite grateful.

Oppressed and kidnapped American's HUH??? A change of meds might be called for.

its was an sarcastic remark.

Apropo to Thailand interests.

Yes America supported some Thai military back in the day, but through the government of the day.

And without that support Thailand could quite likely have fallen down the path of Laos and Cambodia.

Impossible the Vietcong tanks would be blocked in the traffic jam

another sarcastic remark

The root of this is PAD trying to overthrow Thaksin and his 'cronies', maybe not a bad thing..... But the actions and methods the PAD choose to use in an effort to achieve their goal is 100% the PAD doing, so the airport closers are 100% the PAD fault...

I don't personally think PAD has overdone it - they only try to keep pressure on the govt to prevent it from excusing Thaksin of all crimes, past and future.

You think it's too much, fine - but the government doesn't think so, they are not abandoning their attempts to whitewash Thaskin just because they lost the govt house and now airports, and pretty much the whole capital.

PAD has always thought that their next step would be enough. They took the govt house - not enough, there was bloody Oct 7 - not enough, there was parliament blockade - not enough, they took over Don Muang office - not enough, they took over the airport - still not enough.

Obviously you haven't tried to travel or been personally affected by this inconvenience.

Shutting down the Thai economy is a terrorist act. Protests don't have to be in your face if the protests are right. Yellow shirts can protest all they want at a location that doesn't interfere with the whole country. There is just no excuse for it and its shameful.

Obviously you haven't tried to travel or been personally affected by this inconvenience.

Maybe the UN could pass a universal law that states No group shall be allowed to protest if it inconveniences any other person?? That seems pretty Fair???

The PAD is fighting for the future of Thailand, and are not running for office...

Therefore what ever negative feelings some foreigners may have about them is water under the bridge.

Please send me the links or video of Thaksin telling the PAD to overtake BKK airports? The root of this is PAD trying to overthrow Thaksin and his 'cronies', maybe not a bad thing..... But the actions and methods the PAD choose to use in an effort to achieve their goal is 100% the PAD doing, so the airport closers are 100% the PAD fault...

Do you even read what you have written before pushing the 'add reply' button?

do you? what is wrong with my post? please provide your insightful wisdom.

"signing your own name to a legal document should get 50 years"

We should not insult each other due to forum rules, but that must be the most retarded post ever. I sign my name to 50 legal documents a day, and so do most falangs. Seriously, what kind of message is that?

You are an example of a typical American who have no clue how a non Anglo saxon jurisdictional US system works.
So please don't pass judgement on a person who's background you don't know at all

umm....

Your remark is correct, I bow my head :o

oh, it's ok. we're all just a little fired up around here having to sit on the sidelines.

"As a Thai citizen, I plead with the PAD to release the aircraft at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang. I know they are protesting for a cause, but these foreign travellers do not deserve to suffer for our domestic problems," she says.

This flight attendant forgot about one thing in her plea. The PAD leaders don't care about Thais or Thailand.

if Thai flight attendants offer homestay to broke tourists... wouldn't you run out of money? ;-)

I would become "broke" very very quickly  :o:D:D

its was only a reply to those who repeatedly wrote how in the US this occupation of an airport was impossible and how the law enforcement troops will act, also its was not I who start to talk about the juridical system. And believe me or not, I don't have the slightest interest in the States. But its seems to me that most of pro violent contributors are of American origin.

And maybe I don't live here all the time but I have close family and other relationships with this country for more than 30 years, and in recent years I spend more than 3 months a year in the country, and traveled all over it. I have friends in Isan and North even most of my Thai family live in Central Thailand and Bangkok. A niece of my wife even got the title of Khun Ying 2 years ago. I have family members who employ more than 1000 people in the seafood industry. Others are high ranked civil servants or have higher managment positions in public companies.( in fact I have the most humble position in my Thai family)

btw my Thai family and friends has Thaksin, PAD supporters and neutral bystanders.

So I Know the pro's and con's.

I'm a senior(+60) citizen and so is my wife(33 years married) and she knows the history and politics very well, even know some of the players family very good on a personal level.

kind regards

henry

PS, making your apologizes is not needed or neccesary :o

First let me say I really enjoyed a brief history of your Thai families accomplishments, they sound like great people! But their accomplishments have nothing to do with your American bashing rants.

Also why should no one pass judgment on you if they don't know you, but it's okay for you to pass judgment on an entire country???

Last but not least a think an airport occupation of more than a day in America, England, or any major country is unthinkable and highly unlikely, so it's only natural for Expats (soon you can call yourself that to!) coming from these countries to be amazed and make statements like this would never be allowed to happen in my home country. I guess at the end of the day it is TIT or "amazing Thailand" so it does not really matter what our home countries would or would not allow to happen.

I was only replying to remarks on my private life and personality, and make some corrections, to.... that I did not live in the country and that I was still wet behind my ears.

I've just been said that both airports have already restarted operatiing. The guy who said it to me is a chief editor of a local magazine here, a farang. Does anybody know anything?...

Isnt ther some deal to allow stranded planes to be flown out but empty?

The PAD is fighting for the future of Thailand, and are not running for office...

Therefore what ever negative feelings some foreigners may have about them is water under the bridge.

Thats all good , but who elected them to be the fighters for the future of Thailand ? That means all

Thailand are behind them because eveyone wants a better future , I am not seeing that .are you???

Source - first, that chief editor I have mentioned before, he has a friend in Bangkok who called him, second, our office manager, a Thei girl, has got such news on her mobile and she heard it earlier this morning, on TV... So - something has definitely changed. I also know that 2 days ago they allowed an aircraft with Russian tourists to leave from Suvarnabhumi, had an agreement with the Russian Embassy.

I've just been said that both airports have already restarted operatiing. The guy who said it to me is a chief editor of a local magazine here, a farang. Does anybody know anything?...

Isnt ther some deal to allow stranded planes to be flown out but empty?

Yes exactly.

Should have been done days ago too.

Thats all good , but who elected them to be the fighters for the future of Thailand ? That means all

Thailand are behind them because eveyone wants a better future , I am not seeing that .are you???

In any society trying to archive 100% unanimity is impossible..So I will agree with you I do not see all of Thailand behind them.

i just hope it is open for my flight in on the 10TH...........I miss my home away from home :o

Like i stated a couple of days ago ... most planes are flying again , but NOT from BKK international . Check the website of your company . Most planes have been rerouted and allthough it might be a mess checking-in etc ... you can fly .

i just hope it is open for my flight in on the 10TH...........I miss my home away from home :o

About 40 empty planes have flown out of Bangkok's international airport after authorities reached a deal with protesters camped there for seven days.

Thousands of travellers have been stranded since anti-government groups took over two airports last week.

The deal allows a total 88 planes to be flown out to other Thai airports, where it is hoped they can evacuate some of the blockaded tourists

Full report at the BBC