How Much Time Do You Spend On Thaivisa?

Changkok

I was considering writing a program to analyse a member's posting habits. Simply click on the member's "Find previous posts" link, download the results, extract the times and draw a graph. Might be interesting... :o

Wouldn't tell you anything about those that lurk --- only post snide remarks --- and then switch to another screenname though!

Many people are online for various reasons for significant amounts of time (work etc) and when things are slow join in with ThaiVisa.

I was thinking more about the posters who appear to be online 24/7. Such an analysis might tell us if they even go to sleep.

I'm logged in 24/7 but that doesn't mean I'm sitting in front of my computer. My computer is always on and thaivisa is open most of the time. I go out every day and night and enjoy the beautiful sights. So being logged-in doesn't mean you are on the site 24/7 actively posting.

Depends...1-2hours a day, I guess

but get into TV every time have signed into the internet...to a little update if any interest topics to read..

and I usually read offline....love to read political and Thai culture criticisms.... :D

Hardly post, my English is not yet intellectual enough.

Well, if to start the topic, I usually post the sabai-sabai or even silly threads..

hehe..that's bc I am so bored of / lazy to work.. so will need something difference and fun to do..

been sometimes guan-teen is fun, feel like I got inspiration to work..555....

yeah...I know, I am odd again.. :o

I'm on about 3-4 hours per day. Without it I would be going more nuts from boredom (temporary until we move) than I already am! I love Thaivisa.

That said however, often I find some posting regulars annoying and frustrating for not being more accepting of dissenting viewpoints. Mention Ronald Reagan or Fox News favorably and watch out! This inhibits interesting participation. Thaivisa could improve a lot in this area so new members or members who may not be subject experts would post their views more frequently. I for one would like to hear all viewpoints, liberal or conservative, expert or novice.

Overall, TV and moderators, keep up the good work on a great site!

Edited by Lopburi99

QUOTE (girlx @ 2008-12-03 00:20:56) *

I probably could have done something productive in all the time I have spent on this site, like write a book or get in shape. huh.gif

Try writing a book then because you are already in shape.

thanks ! :o nice to hear.

My computer is on throughout the workday, and I usually have a window with Thaivisa on, so it looks like I am always onboard. However, I really only see what is happening a couple of times throughout the day. So while I am technically logged in for 8 or 10 hours, I probably spend about 20 minutes each day actually reading or posting.

Depends on the situation times like yesterday... or the closure of the airport, more as information is relevant to my job.. Working most of he time from my office, I am connected most of the day, and pay a visit to TV quite regularly.... besides and credits for this - loads of information can be drawn from TV!

I found Thai Visa after Mango Sauce shut down. At first it seemed like a good place to understand local politics, as time goes by though you realize that most people don't know what they are talking about. Oddly enough Mango Sauce had both a wittier and more intelligent comments section.

Find the Motor and Bike Forums interesting, my local forum has nothing on its mind except food. Gotten into the bad habit lately of teasing ignoramuses. I tune in usually in the evening before bed.

I'm logged in 24/7 but that doesn't mean I'm sitting in front of my computer. My computer is always on and thaivisa is open most of the time. I go out every day and night and enjoy the beautiful sights. So being logged-in doesn't mean you are on the site 24/7 actively posting.

Ah, but I was going to use their "posting times" to see whether members were "active" or not.