Latest Calling Promotions

bazmlb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Happy DTAC has just introduced a new "promotion", the same as the "Chinese New Year SIM" and it is available for current customers as well.

Promotion:

0.99 baht per minute to all network, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Last until 31 December 2009.

This promotion can be combined with the "Special Number", 25 satang for one friend on dtac.

To change, go to your web panel and "promotion change", a 30 baht charge will be deducted for this.

Interesting promotion, especially when you have friends on every network.

Enjoy!

Laurent

Edited by laurent

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as parryhandy:

A Thai friend signed me over to a plan called "KUI KUM" with 1-2 Call in May 2006, 3 Baht for first minute, then 1 Baht/minute continuing.

I found that a 500 Baht recharge seemed to give several months validity back then.

Lately, what ever amount I recharge, gives 'f...all' validity. I guess that means they want me to change to one of the newer plans, probably with not as good useage charges.

Clever back-room people at these companies.

Any chance of putting up the validity period with all the rates/offers.I am looking for a pre paid sim package where i dont mind paying a high call charge but do not want to have to top up every other week or my existing balance expires ? Any ideas ?

Why don't you try "Happy" for Simple price plan.

It automatically extends the validity date to 1 year for every top up/refill.

visit dtac website for more information -> www.happy.co.th/en/low/09_simshop_simple.php

or call 1678 press 7 for English.

Slightly off topic but I wondered how charges work for using the internet on your phone. In England we can have fixed monthly fee for a certain amount of voice and data usage.

Here in Thailand when I used my phone just for voice I found myself constantly going into 7-11 for another scratchcard.

What are the options and how much please?

Many thanks

Ps If nobody replies to this here I'll start a new thread

HI Dtac have a data plan, 999 for unlimited data or they have for hours, think it start with 10 hours.

AIS has this kind of stuff also... Using for 3 years now a monthly plan of 25 hours/100 bahts. I guess prices and/or times may be a little bit different now.

HI Dtac have a data plan, 999 for unlimited data or they have for hours, think it start with 10 hours.

Yes, and don't forget the VAT which brings it up to 1100bt, great value for a month. :o

Hi

I know, i have the plan with True but will change to Dtac, True is mostly crap, and i need to be on most of the time.

Hi all.  I have a 1 2 call simcard.  I keep getting SMS messages from a servive called "NewsPlus".  Its not much good to me as I cannot read Thai.  It averages about 6 messages a day.  Am sure it is not free.  Does anybody know how I can stop this service.  I have tried replying to the messages without success.  Thanks

Hi all.  I have a 1 2 call simcard.  I keep getting SMS messages from a servive called "NewsPlus".  Its not much good to me as I cannot read Thai.  It averages about 6 messages a day.  Am sure it is not free.  Does anybody know how I can stop this service.  I have tried replying to the messages without success.  Thanks

I loaded a Nokia cell phone to my sister-in-law for a few weeks. When she gave it back, it had this annoying feature activated - the phone would buzz every hour or two with messages I didn't care about. Finally, I found an option in one of the phone's menus and deselected the option. It may be set up the same way in your phone.

Now, if you have a way to stop advertisers, including 1-2-call, from sending my spam (other than turning off the phone), that would be real good to know...

I found DTAC coverage very poor with data compared to AIS, AIS have a good feature now where on post paid you can get two sim cards with same number, one for data and one for phone and there are good data plans as well.

I just hate with my dtac data how you buy the 6 hr plan for about 55baht and the 100 baht refill is only valid for 15 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I found in both Pattaya and Bangkok that DTAC EDGE is vastly superior to AIS EDGE. I get a 24/7 connection with DTAC but with AIS can't stay connected for more than an hour (at the very most). What is this "100 baht refill" you refer to that's only valid for 15 days? Are those the EDGE refill cards? I've never tried using one. What exactly does 100 baht get you?

Edited by edwardandtubs

I just hate with my dtac data how you buy the 6 hr plan for about 55baht and the 100 baht refill is only valid for 15 days.

You need to switch your DTAC to "SIMple" plan, and after first refill you will got a 365 days validity.

I've two SIM card since last year, switched as above, and it's still working (validity extended up to March 2010!).

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded a Nokia cell phone to my sister-in-law for a few weeks. When she gave it back, it had this annoying feature activated - the phone would buzz every hour or two with messages I didn't care about. Finally, I found an option in one of the phone's menus and deselected the option. It may be set up the same way in your phone.

Now, if you have a way to stop advertisers, including 1-2-call, from sending my spam (other than turning off the phone), that would be real good to know...

I have AIS and was being bombarded with "spam" ad's. I went to the AIS office on the 4th floor of CENTRAL WORLD , Chit Lom and registered my SIM (passport needed) so that if lost, I can re-instate the number and my SIM contacts. In the process I asked if there was anything I could do about the "spam". I don't know just what she did but from that point on, spam just about disappeared. I do not know if this can be done at a TELEVIZ shop but maybe worth trying if there is one close to you.

You can also ask there how you can extend the validity of top-ups, mine are now good for one year but I'm not sure how that came to be.

You can get a recording of up to date AIS promotions by dialing *777, then 1 for English on any AIS (1-2 Call) phone.

This is to all the guys posting earlier about the sollution to AIS not giving us much validity recently.

There is a plan called Sawasdee that gives you full 1 month validity on one 100 THB recharge.

It is mentioned here at the bottom of the plans table:

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Pro...on_Current.html

but clicking on further details brings you to a site all in Thai no matter what.

You got to be brave, dial *777 and follow prompts to select the Sawasdee. The voice prompts have English version and surprisingly work letting you quickly select what you need. I can now confirm to you after getting on this plan I have just recharged 100 THB and got a 1 month validity!!! :-) :-) :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi all. I have a 1 2 call simcard. I keep getting SMS messages from a servive called "NewsPlus". Its not much good to me as I cannot read Thai. It averages about 6 messages a day. Am sure it is not free. Does anybody know how I can stop this service. I have tried replying to the messages without success. Thanks

I guess they have 4 kinds of Newsplus, which one you get?

HotNews to cancel *426482299

Entertain to cancel *426482399

Update to cancel *426482499

Hilight to cancel *426482599

well, if you have no idea, better call the provider to help you with this.