Car A Or Car B?

simonphuket

Well, my first post on this forum after having been reading it for a while now :o

Ok, I'm about to buy my first car. So far have been renting, but that's getting a bit expensive.

I am looking at either a Ford Everest or a Toyota Hilux Sport Rider. Budget around 550k. Pref. AT and 4wd. I've seen several Toyota's for sale, all D4D's, built around 2003-2004 that fall in my budget. But, a Everest for the same price is much newer, even 2006! That means just 2 years old....

Which would you choose? For the Toyota, what is better, the 2.5 or 3.0 ltr engine, in regards to quality and economy? What about the quality and economy of the Ford, built 2005/2006?

If paid in cash, you think much room for negotiation about the price?

Many thanks for any advise.

Well, my first post on this forum after having been reading it for a while now :o

Ok, I'm about to buy my first car. So far have been renting, but that's getting a bit expensive.

I am looking at either a Ford Everest or a Toyota Hilux Sport Rider. Budget around 550k. Pref. AT and 4wd. I've seen several Toyota's for sale, all D4D's, built around 2003-2004 that fall in my budget. But, a Everest for the same price is much newer, even 2006! That means just 2 years old....

Which would you choose? For the Toyota, what is better, the 2.5 or 3.0 ltr engine, in regards to quality and economy? What about the quality and economy of the Ford, built 2005/2006?

Either. What does it matter when they are such mad money? Go with the Toyota.

Look what you get in England now for half that money. A Z4 with Lambo doors!

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...mp;max_mileage=

post-62129-1228055094_thumb.jpg

We are not in england. Or let's see the opposite way. How much you would spend far a 3rth partie insurance in England? In Thailand it's only 3'000 Baht, doesn't matter what brand or model!

Yeah, and it's 20,000 Baht plus for 1st Class insurance, which is unlikely to pay out, where in the UK my last insurance premium was £160 for the year.

Thailand really ain't that cheap.

I like Toyota, however, if for similar money i could get the new generation Everest id have one,.

I like Toyota, however, if for similar money i could get the new generation Everest id have one,.
I didn't think that the 2006 model was the new model already?

Anyone has any idea about diesel-economy for these cars? My Isuzu pickup now is doing around 12 ltrs/km, a collegue has a Mitsubishi G-wagon (not turbo) and he seems to be doing just half of that.

Thanks