Gertrude

Now it's changed, must have gotten itself stuck

I have same problem. Changed my Avatar, but still no worky!

Old one always appears with my new posts, but the new Avatar is displayed in ''My Controls''.

Have logged in, logged out, re-booted, changed my slippers,

re-freshed cache, moustache, flashed, and trashed this <deleted> PC!

Now it's changed, must have gotten itself stuck

I have same problem. Changed my Avatar, but still no worky!

Old one always appears with my new posts, but the new Avatar is displayed in ''My Controls''.

Have logged in, logged out, re-booted, changed my slippers,

re-freshed cache, moustache, flashed, and trashed this <deleted> PC!

Same problem, changed my avatar, but it's gone back to old one??

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having, and always have had the same delay in Avatar updating. Tried f5, logout and back in. Nothing works. It just eventually changes. In another thread it was suggested that it takes a while for the servers cache's to update. My theory is new avatars must be approved by mods before being displayed, thus the delay.

My theory is new avatars must be approved by mods before being displayed, thus the delay.

Your theory is flawed. We don't know that a new avatar is up until we see it in the forum just like everyone else. No prior approval, though that's not a bad idea in some instances. :) The caching is the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, and if you look the avatars pull from static.thaivisa.com, I assume thai visa is using a CDN when pulling static content, and don't have things set up properly so as a person uploads a new avatar it updates the cdn... This is a TV issue, not a local cache issue.

I had the same issue when I changed mine. I couldn't see the new one but others could, so I don't know that its necessarily a server issue. What I did do however, was log out. Clear cache, delete all ThaiVisa cookies. Close the browser. Restart the browser and then log back in.