Airports Open Again

angiud

Now that PAD forces are going away from Suvannaphumi and Don Muang airports, we should be happy everybody.

I'm not from PPP or PAD side. I don't like this form of political struggle. Etc etc

But from many posts I'm reading on TV, look like many people show disappointment, maybe because dreaming of a police intervention, possibly with a bloodbath? Well kicking the PAD thugs in the a_ss? Sondhi and his gang handcuffed going to jail?

TIT and thai people are free to resolve their problems in their way, without the need of the authoritative advices some well informed TV reader want to impart them.

I feel happy for the way this unpleasant story is going to end. Happy because an unfit Prime Minister is going home.

Still worry for the future of the thai government and hoping new free elections (without vote market) will start as soon as possible.

Now that PAD forces are going away from Suvannaphumi and Don Muang airports, we should be happy everybody.

I'm not from PPP or PAD side. I don't like this form of political struggle. Etc etc

But from many posts I'm reading on TV, look like many people show disappointment, maybe because dreaming of a police intervention, possibly with a bloodbath? Well kicking the PAD thugs in the a_ss? Sondhi and his gang handcuffed going to jail?

TIT and thai people are free to resolve their problems in their way, without the need of the authoritative advices some well informed TV reader want to impart them.

I feel happy for the way this unpleasant story is going to end. Happy because an unfit Prime Minister is going home.

Still worry for the future of the thai government and hoping new free elections (without vote market) will start as soon as possible.

Yes, hopefully everyone will realise that this drama is now over at the airports and life can start again for those that work in those airports.

One member stated that we will forget all this I seriously think that this event now reaching the World at large after the Mumbai atrocities will affect decisions regarding Thailand as a safe haven in the Far East.

Sympathy for the Tsunami

Utter condemnation by the 2008 stranded however pulling investment out of PAD sponsors is a questionnable action for should one condemn a company for acting as told by the heavyweights.

It's over when things are back to normal. I fly in on Friday. If I can't depart LHR on Thurs night, which is quite possible, then I won't consider it over.

And if the airport facilities are off limits because of things stolen/vandalised or because of accumulated skidmarks or footprints on the toilet seats, then it's not yet over.

I think you will find that theres quite a few people on TV that have been around for a long time and know that in thailand there is never a dull moment. I can't believe that any reasonable, well educated, healthy minded TV poster would of wanted to see any MORE bloodshed over this little debarkle. :o:D

Edited by neverdie

It hasn't ended yet. Many people want "closure" and they aren't getting it. Former PPP MPs will move to the Pheua Thai party, form a caretaker government, new elections will be held, and the same pro-Thaksin people will be back and the PAD protesting again.

But nothing has been solved...the can just kicked down the road a bit :o

Also, don't put much credence in the rulings of the "Constitutional Court." It's a creature of [actually created by] the military junta government that staged the initial coup against the elected Thaskin government.

It's over when things are back to normal. I fly in on Friday. If I can't depart LHR on Thurs night, which is quite possible, then I won't consider it over.

And if the airport facilities are off limits because of things stolen/vandalised or because of accumulated skidmarks or footprints on the toilet seats, then it's not yet over.

Guess we all see things differently.

I was thinking it's not over 'till the fat lady sings.

You're thinking it's not over 'till the skidmarks are gone.... :o

Maybe it seems to be over but there is no guarantee that shit won't happen again soon, possibly around New Year. And I bet that most travellers from all over the world will think twice before going to Thailand, lots of them will change their holiday plans as I have done. Me and my friend were going to spend our winter holiday in Thailand but we will go somewhere else.

A few days ago I encouraged everybody to boycott Thailand. Also for their own sake.

Thailand has lost its face. The country will learn now how much it has lost due to the whole mess.

They shouldn't have let the airport(s) be closed.

Edited by nopainnobrain

Who is showing disappointment? I haven't heard.

I personally am very happy for the interlude in hostilities (if it happens). I need to get my stuff DHL'd in and myself to Philippines before xmas. My GF needs to get her tourist related business back on track.

But, dont hold your breath, nothing is resolved today, is it? I wont start another thread on the subject so only say Watch this space!

PS : can someone please re-post that lovely picture of the moon and stars last night. Smiley moon party - it was great!

:o

PAD needs to be tossed in jail.

I wonder who will take responsibility for the whole mess. And how all Thais and non-Thais who have lost money/something more valuable due to it will be recompensed. Who will apologize and how.

And who will be brave enough to ensure the travellers that they don't have to be afraid of travelling to Thailand and can book their tickets, hotels and so on in advance.

Im very happy this the airports are open again, as I have a flight soon. Have been worried all week.

I'm just hoping that all this isn't going to happen again.. I have a feeling that this is not the end of all this. Seems like the PAD will now think that if something isn't going the way they like, the answer is to close the airport to get what they want.

Lets hope I'm wrong!

But nothing has been solved...the can just kicked down the road a bit :o

Also, don't put much credence in the rulings of the "Constitutional Court." It's a creature of [actually created by] the military junta government that staged the initial coup against the elected Thaskin government.

Of course. If you look at the ruling closely, the other two parties banned along with the PPP didn't even contest for the elections together. Is it just a coincidence that just the very parties who LATER made a coallition govt when none of them had a majority, rigged the votes? The ex-PM head of the 2nd party was really pissed it seems.

PAD needs to be tossed in jail.

I wonder who will take responsibility for the whole mess. And how all Thais and non-Thais who have lost money/something more valuable due to it will be recompensed. Who will apologize and how.

And who will be brave enough to ensure the travellers that they don't have to be afraid of travelling to Thailand and can book their tickets, hotels and so on in advance.

I need an answer to this: Did I miss something or did the perpetrators get a royal pardon?

PS> What are the chances of me getting a royal pardon if I kidnap the next cop who asks for tea money? :o

It hasn't ended yet. Many people want "closure" and they aren't getting it. Former PPP MPs will move to the Pheua Thai party, form a caretaker government, new elections will be held, and the same pro-Thaksin people will be back and the PAD protesting again.

Second that. This has just started. I strongly believe that the Thailand as we know it will seize to exist and a new state and society will take form. It will never be the same again. Maybe it will be better or maybe worse.

The genie is out of the bottle.

now PPP will take over the blockades at the airport because they are desappointed with that ruling ......... :o

I understand the PPP has two options stay as the PPP of use the newly formed pary; either way they will win again as they are loved by the major north. Therefore the yellow shirted tribe will be back

Therefore the yellow shirted tribe will be back

Exactly my thoughts.. This may be just the beginning.. :D

Hopefully the police will grow some nadgers and sort them out. They must have lost a lot of face from all this.

Yep, They should be ashamed of themselves :o

I for one am very happy to this victory (no matter how fleeting) for the PAD. I only wish folks in the States could have gotten Bush out so easily when he was selected (via similar corruption) in 2000. Congrats PAD !

The airport saga is over.

But somehow I don't think the boys in red are going to be too happy about the way things have turned out.

The boys in reds belongs to many groups. One good thing is they scare the grandmas and grandpas in yellows :o