Kasikorn K-Plus Bank App Users Can Now Make Cardless Withdrawals at Bangkok Bank ATMs

But obviously that only works if the app works.

Recently I had a couple of times the message that the k-Bank app can't be used because the bank is busy (message similar to that).

After trying maybe 10 times without success I called their support.

Their answer was that I should switch off WIFI from my phone and use the mobile phone data. I tried. And it worked.

Later I switched WIFI on again and then I tried the app again, and it didn't work again. WIFI off, and it worked. Annoying! 

9 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Just out of interest, how did you find about about the feature being available?

Good question.  I don't recall seeing any message come through on my phone.  I think I actually searched for it as was irritated by the lack of a Kbank ATM in my vicinity.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But obviously that only works if the app works.

Recently I had a couple of times the message that the k-Bank app can't be used because the bank is busy (message similar to that).

After trying maybe 10 times without success I called their support.

Their answer was that I should switch off WIFI from my phone and use the mobile phone data. I tried. And it worked.

Later I switched WIFI on again and then I tried the app again, and it didn't work again. WIFI off, and it worked. Annoying! 

Never had that problem as my phone doesn't connect to any wifi in the vicinity of an ATM, so no need to switch wifi off as it defaults to mobile data.

If I am using an American debit card at a Thai ATM, is there any way to use the cardless feature?  I have had a big problem in the past with ATM machines grabbing my debit card. It takes at least a month to get a replacement from my credit union, so this causes an emergency situation.

2 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

If I am using an American debit card at a Thai ATM, is there any way to use the cardless feature?  I have had a big problem in the past with ATM machines grabbing my debit card. It takes at least a month to get a replacement from my credit union, so this causes an emergency situation.

I wouldn't have thought so.

8 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Never had that problem as my phone doesn't connect to any wifi in the vicinity of an ATM, so no need to switch wifi off as it defaults to mobile data.

Misunderstanding.

My post has nothing to do with collecting money from an ATM. It's about the K-Bank app.

I had those problems when I was at home when I wanted to use the app.

Outside I also almost never use WIFI.

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
43 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

There is no fee. I do it frequently as no K-bank machine near me.

says new feature?

The K+ app has not notified me of the alleged "new feature", just checked now.  There is no reference to BBL on the K+ cardless withdrawal section, either.

12 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I should add that I DO have an account at Bangkok Bank.  That's the only reason I bothered to ask.

You can use tha Bangkok Bank app for cardless withdrawals, not your american debit card, not sure why you think they're connected

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Misunderstanding.

My post has nothing to do with collecting money from an ATM. It's about the K-Bank app.

Banking apps frequently have an intermittent dislike for public wifi, my BBL app sometimes will not respond if I'm trying to scan a bar bill until the wifi is disconnected.

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Misunderstanding.

AAAAH OK. The app works 100% for me over wifi when not using ATMs etc.

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The K+ app has not notified me of the alleged "new feature", just checked now.  There is no reference to BBL on the K+ cardless withdrawal section, either.

Are you on the latest version of the K-Plus app? It was updated on April 25. Version 5.18.3

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

AAAAH OK. The app works 100% for me over wifi when not using ATMs etc.

Until now it also worked for me most of the time.

But then, not anymore, for several days. 

It seems Kasikornbank knows about that issue, otherwise the phone support wouldn't have suggested right away that I switch off WiFi.

Maybe they should show that information instead their misleading error message. 

13 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you on the latest version of the K-Plus app? It was updated on April 25. Version 5.18.3

Interesting, thanks, 5.18.2, thought that they updated automatically.

EDIT: Turns out that the update is happening gradually, not for all customers at the same time.  30% already updated the rest by May 3rd, according to Kasikorn just now.   You must be one of the privileged ones!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

There is no fee. I do it frequently as no K-bank machine near me.

Are you sure there is no fee for withdrawing outside your branch's area - as there are with card withdrawals?