Anything Interesting Going On Christmas/new Year's Week?

girlx

so- what's the haps this year, anything? i may be stuck here the week between christmas and new year (instead of heading to koh phangan like i planned) in order to work on a (very lucrative) project... if i do have to stay here i am wondering if there is anything interesting to do for the holidays. i remember in years past christmas being dead boring in bangkok. anyone know of any fun events?

With Xmas (that's for you girl and yas) on a thurday, I think we should organise a proper Un-Authorised TV Bash for the Friday the 26th. Unlike recent attempts (not mentioning any names), this one will have strong leadership and we will delegate responsibilities.

First, we need a venue. (somewhere larger than Black Swan please)

We need a registration person (qualities needed: cute but annoyingly affective)

We need a third party negotiater (time share salespersons ok)

To get the ball rolling on this I will suggest a few names for the event...

"TV - Night after Christmas Bash"

"Box till you drop"

"TV 26th - Merry <deleted>**ing X Mas Party"

Other suggestions encouraged.

so- what's the haps this year, anything? i may be stuck here the week between christmas and new year (instead of heading to koh phangan like i planned) in order to work on a (very lucrative) project... if i do have to stay here i am wondering if there is anything interesting to do for the holidays. i remember in years past christmas being dead boring in bangkok. anyone know of any fun events?

i have always found christmas in the kok depressing. i will be spending another traditional xmas in chaloklam. i think that makes 12 in a row.

Thanks then for reminding us how depressing it will be for us (in Bkk) during that period. :o

I'm going out for a Landmark lunch with three Thai colleagues on the Thursday. I plan to get pissed, and I've warned them so... oh dear... mind you, it can't be worse than last year, or the year before, or the year before that.

Thanks then for reminding us how depressing it will be for us (in Bkk) during that period.

yeah- i am still not 100% sure i will have time to get away for that period, so if you guys do come across anything interesting to do in BKK that week, post it!

With Xmas (that's for you girl and yas) on a thurday, I think we should organise a proper Un-Authorised TV Bash for the Friday the 26th.

it's your turn to set something up, jamie :o gotta earn that X.

Edited by girlx

Donno about Christmases but today was fun!!!! Was gambling and throwing darts at balloons and stuff. Think it’s called a carnival. I won many teddy bears!!!, anyway I need my own blog spot.

James just add it all in to one sounds inviting enough- “TV 26th - Night after Christmas Bash Box till you drop Merry <deleted>**ing X Mas Party”!!! that rocks……

I was at zeed rachada last year.~~ that went off.!!! And the police shut it down. Or was the year befor, or was that new years…

Anywayz…. Whats everyone up too?

Don’t forget RCA slim tomorrow whoever wants to join up!!

In my first few years I had to work xmas day - now that was depressing!

But this will be my 3 rd xmas at the international school I work for. As we live on campus like-minded staff put up their xmas lights and decor, and organise a carols by candlelight on the last day of term - a good singsong and merriment with mulled wine aplenty and yummy mince pies... and then staff have a choice of returning to their icy homelands or sunning themselves in the "cool" Thai winter breezes... xmas has been so much happier an occasion...