Crackdowns We'd Really Like To See

Ijustwannateach

Now this something in British English which makes NO sense to me...

lanes.jpg

Looks like the INSIDE Lane to me..

Maybe this backward thinking while driving is why Brits have problems driving here? :o  :D

If this is Britain, why are the drivers driving left-hand-drive cars? :D

(You have to enlarge the picture to see them :D )

Edited by RDN

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lanes.jpg

Maybe this backward thinking while driving is why Brits have problems driving here? :o  :D

If this is Britain, why are the drivers driving left-hand-drive cars? :D

(You have to enlarge the picture to see them :D )

The photo isn't of a British road. The cars are on the wrong side.

The road is probably in America and the photo is just pointing out the difference to what we brits call the outside lane.

I just call them the right or left hand lanes now to save any confusion.

In no particular order:

Crackdown on UK and US prudes who have a problem with speedos.

I think Madsere just outed himself a speedo On the beach wearer! :o

Everyone should know, that unless you are an Olympic swimmer, YOU DON'T WEAR SPEEDO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I don't have a problem with those who do. It's a cultural thing, get over it. I hate when self-righteous ultraconservative right Yanks and Brits start dictating the dress code for the rest of the world. We don't use school uniforms or suit and tie in the (most) offices either.

In no particular order:

I think Madsere just outed himself a speedo On the beach wearer! :o

Everyone should know, that unless you are an Olympic swimmer, YOU DON'T WEAR SPEEDO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I don't have a problem with those who do. It's a cultural thing, get over it. I hate when self-righteous ultraconservative right Yanks and Brits start dictating the dress code for the rest of the world. We don't use school uniforms or suit and tie in the (most) offices either.

In non right wing Australian speak:

Lighten up there fella, it was a joke, Joyce!

In no particular order:

I think Madsere just outed himself a speedo On the beach wearer! :D

An old, very well spoken girlfriend of mine used to refer to them as "slugs". :o

My personal opinion is that if a bloke wants to wear something resembling woman’s undies, then let him.!

Vehicles that pass on the left when driving on a two lane road.

If he can go past on the left, why aren't you there? If you were he could pass on the right!!

A crackdown on drivers who hog the outside lanes for absolutly no reason.

By "two lane road", I think corkscrew meant one lane in each direction.

So I agree with him, although I must admit that the bike lane can be very handy at traffic lights in Phuket when there is a great long queue of stationery cars and the lights just go green as you approach the back of the queue - nipping up the bike lane (in a pick-up), you can pass loads of cars and trucks :o

Edited by RDN

zero tolerence crack down on over helpful shop staff. The phrase "we have it snot green also" is not helpful. I'm old enough to know what socks i like.

There is a pen on sale for 490,000 baht in central, signed my N.Mandela no less. She was ready to wrap it before i had caught my breath. Please stop, ill let you know what i want.

Crackdown on off topic posts.......there are way too many of them.

Not joking Joyce  :o

Another one who's speedos are too tight :D

obviously no room for light-hearted ON TOPIC posts here then either.

Never though a jovial comment about fashion crimes against humanity would cause such as stir.

it seems here that the off topic posts here carry on for longer than the on topic posts, it means that someone looking for advice has to trawl through a lot of irrevelant c**p to get the answers they are looking for.

I dont object to a little off topic banter, especially the more humerous type, but it does get carried away with here and ends up being a minor flaming war.

BTW....I dont wear speedos, but could get away with it if I wanted to. :D:D

...The photo isn't of a British road. The cars are on the wrong side.

The road is probably in America ...

Slightly off-topic, Gazza, but in which country was this photo taken? :D

av-6298.jpg

:D

I lifted the avatar from a bike forum. I'm sure that I'd seen it on another site somewhere that said it was somewhere in the US.

Personally, it looks doctored to me. :o:D

Edited by Gazza

A crackdown on drivers who hog the outside lanes for absolutly no reason.

lanes.jpg

Maybe this backward thinking while driving is why Brits have problems driving here? :o:D

I never have a problem driving here, Thailand is civilised enough to drive on the correct side of the road i.e. the left !!!!!! (well in theory)

In my oppinion it's far easier for "us Brits" to adapt to driving here, I always get in the correct side of the car for a start, unlike some of my American friends. :D

PS A crackdown on O/T posts!!

A crackdown on nitpicking!!!!