Lpg For Vigo 2.7 Vv-i - Anyone Done This?

xylotrupes

yea mate i know of a place that does it for diesels.

they have many project cars. im doing business with them.

would you like to head down there to see what they can do for you?

the already made the 3L vigo converison.

Yes I'm interested.

Some questions though - what's the cost for converting a 3.0 diesel? Is it a more complicated or problematic process? Also, on once it's converted from diesel there's no option to switch between diesel or LPG right?

BTW I have no desire to sacrifice any of the bed for a big LPG tank.

Cheers

Edited by xylotrupes

Converting diesels to LPG/NGV is not an easy thing. When I asked around a few months ago no one had any idea how it was possible.

There were couple of solutions but prices were prohibitive and benefits not clear (gas was used only as an additive to diesel fuel, thus no real savings).

In short - diesels and LPG/NGV don't go very well together.

I have personally sat in there LPG Vigo 3L.

it has a different exhaust note, but it works smoothly and well.

it does work, though i wouldnt recommend getting anyone to do it for you,

Powerlab have invested a conciderable amount of money and time to do it right.

I saw a 2.7 vvti Vigo a few days ago in a car park and it had 2 big lpg tanks on the back...

I was wondering why someone would buy a pickup and fill the complete bed with lpg tanks.

I guess the ownwer can probably drive around 1500 kilometers before filling them up again.

Are you sure they were LPG tanks and not CNG. Big difference.

Philip, what does Powerlab do with LPG+diesels?

Is it a mixture?

Toyotas are not well suited for LPG either due to soft valves and that variable valve timing technology

See, right here - he is talking about VVTi which has nothing to do with diesels, it's a gasoline technology.

I think most posters make some very basic mistakes like the type of the engine when they talk about possibilities of converting to LPG.

A couple of months ago someone posted links to Australian LPG/diesel conversions, but it was a mixture type - addling LPG to diesel, savings are minimal that way.

I'm not in a hurry at all, just want to know the current state of LPG technology in the country.

>>>

I asked my LPG garage if chipping my jz ECU would have any effect on performance - he said no, LPG box reads information from the ECU box itself, not the modified settings from the chip. That leaves me only with an option of replacing and reprogamming the whole box.

Bugger.

my partner has an lpg 2jz twin turbo. with the lpg independent ecu

hi philipm here's my car re 2jzgte with the LPG conversion , re i have circled the pump and injectors , mine has own ECU and a 75 litre tank , cost 48,000 baht , 5 months a go , works fine , so far no troubles

sorry if off topic , but it may help someone

post-65468-1228697600_thumb.jpg

post-65468-1228697990_thumb.jpg

Cool, when I was doing mine the garage wasn't sure how to proceed with the turbo and advised against it, so I went for non-turbo vvti instead.

My LPG also has a separate, "idependent" ECU - that's exactly my point - if I put a chip on jz's ECU, LPG will simply ignore it.

hi philipm here's my car re 2jzgte with the LPG conversion , re i have circled the pump and injectors , mine has own ECU and a 75 litre tank , cost 48,000 baht , 5 months a go , works fine , so far no troubles

are you using toyota engine on benz body?

how much did you pay to swap your engine?

thanks.

thanks.

sorry for delay

i bought the car with the conversion , gos like a rocket ,

there are many many people converting any car you would like to use,

i know of some garages that will do it for you

thanks.

the swap? or the lpg converison.

the swap was done before i bought the car , the LPG was done after , at a cost of 48,000 , 6 months ago , its a system from Italy , direct injection to each cylinder , fuel pump , ECU , 75 litre fuel tank ,

i was amazed at the price of cars in Thailand , so i wanted as much bang for my buck as i could get , and safety was a big concern,

this car fitted the bill for me ,

ps just got back from bangna-trad rd , where they have all the second hand engines and parts , wow its like a small town full of car shops selling anything and everything , my engine is the 2jz gte twin turbo , and not so readily available , so i was interested to see how much i could buy one for , if in the future , i needed to replace it ,

one shop that had many 1jz engines out side , said they could do a complete transplant on any car for a 1jz for about 30,000 baht ,

for a 2jz gte about 55,000 baht , very good price IMO ,

I will be going down there again , as i love looking about those places for bits a bobs,

post-65468-1228903544_thumb.jpg