Bus Number From Southern Bus Station To Silom?

Konini

Hello everybody

I know there is one, because I rode it several times earlier in the year - it goes over Thaksin Bridge which is exactly where we want to be. Can anyone help with the number please? I know I can get any number of buses to Pinkalo Bridge and get a river taxi, but we'll have bags with us and would rather take the easier route.

Thanks in advance

Hello everybody

I know there is one, because I rode it several times earlier in the year - it goes over Thaksin Bridge which is exactly where we want to be. Can anyone help with the number please? I know I can get any number of buses to Pinkalo Bridge and get a river taxi, but we'll have bags with us and would rather take the easier route.

Thanks in advance

1.Frankly, I jeep a bit amazed about how many people ask this here-dont you think those others waiting at thes top would know best? They can read the Thai route-descriptor all buses have.

2.you say you do this trip often-but you omit the now most basic piece of info. WHICH Sai Thai-as early this year it has been resited to a place far furher out of town-this means that not that many busroutes go that far. BUT; this is thailand-so a great lot of countrybuses still also use the -now old- Sai Thai Mai (where mai=new! got it?) Also; on SETTING down many buses run further into Thonburi-to reach the U-Turn and help transferring passengers.

3.from this Newest Sai Thai I think there is no bus going over Taksin bridge-AFAIK. Probably best is to take bus nr 79-toward Siam-ratchprasong=WTC and use the skytrain from there. But maybe-again-see 1-ask others, its nr 177 coming from Bang Bua Tong-a very big circle around town- but I dont think it uses Taksin bridge-the other-it does run over Silom. and take care to use it in the right direction-otherwise you make a 2-3 hr circly aorund town-good for sightseeing.

Thank you both for your help. I only stayed in Thawi Wattana for 1 month and couldn't remember the number which of the buses I used to take to Silom - I still have a BKK bus route map but the names quoted on it didn't sound familiar. #177 is indeed the one I used to take.

Thank you again