Copenhagen snuff - i need a chew!

tutsiwarrior

Any of you gorillas out there know where to find a chew? I've been looking all over Thailand for Copenhagen and have been reduced to Marlboro Lights to ease the nicotine addiction...not good for one's health.

A Chinese lady on Sukhumvit around the corner from Soi Nana that has a tobacco concession says that there is no local distributor and she has had many requests. Get outta here! If you got gorillas then you got to have Copenhagen! I don't care...Skoal, Happy Days...any of the p###y brands will do. Cigarettes give me asthma.

Any advice?...(well meaning associates...don't tell me to give up nicotine or I will find your pet dog and shoot him...)

Luma

Didn't expect to go to church to find some baccy. You sure we talking about the same thing? "Just a pinch between the lip and gum...it satisfies". We are not talking about the little brown powder that you stick up your nose...that is called scotch snuff. Copenhagen is a US product favored by loggers, fishermen and anyone that works with their hands in an environment where smoking is prohibited...oil platforms and etc. Highly addictive, but...it satisfies...Now if they got twist tobacco or rough cut then that would do.

all the best

Luma talks about a true SWEDISH product called SNUS. This is definitely not for your nose but very good tobacco replacement as you keep it under your lips (as long as u wish). Anyhow whatever u want to enjoy there must be ways for postal orders. No matter if swedish Snus or Copenhagen/US products. All u might need is a valid credit card and the courage/nerves that Thai customs won't "catch" your delivery.... :cool:

joinme/luma

Yeah...snus = snoose which is what various Pacific NW associates called Copenhagen now with hindsight betraying their Scandinavian origins (mostly Finns, Swedes and Norwegians). I shall get down to the Scandinavian Church to load up right away before the Marlboro Lights give me cancer.

I tried to do a mail order number with Esmokes.com for Copenhagen but they never answered my queries...probably don't like shipping overseas.

All the best

• 1 year later...

I find this hard to believe. I am dying for some skoal, or Kodiak, or even some copenhagen would do. Is there nowhere? I am in Phuket.

<font color='#000000'>joinme/luma

Yeah...snus = snoose which is what various Pacific NW associates called Copenhagen now with hindsight betraying their Scandinavian origins (mostly Finns, Swedes and Norwegians). I shall get down to the Scandinavian Church to load up right away before the Marlboro Lights give me cancer.

I tried to do a mail order number with Esmokes.com for Copenhagen but they never answered my queries...probably don't like shipping overseas.

All the best</font>

• 1 year later...
<font color='#000000'>joinme/luma

All the best</font>

Try http://www.worldwidesnus.com I've just ordered from them for the FC

I'm having the same problem now in Bahrain...when I got here 18 months ago there was Copenhagen all over the place now only available at the US navy base PX. Must be a conspiracy about.

Boon, with Copenhagen you don't have to spit...with Red Man you need a spittoon if you chew inside the cleaning of which is most unpleasant and something that I would never expect my lovely wife to endure...

Has anyone tried the product available at the church off Sukh? How does it compare with Copenhagen?

I'm having the same problem now in Bahrain...when I got here 18 months ago there was Copenhagen all over the place now only available at the US navy base PX. Must be a conspiracy about.

Boon, with Copenhagen you don't have to spit...with Red Man you need a spittoon if you chew inside the cleaning of which is most unpleasant and something that I would never expect my lovely wife to endure...

I know what you mean about spit cups - the boys I work with leave 'em all over the place and there's nothing nastier. Personally, I've never picked up the habit. Almost made me hunk my cookies one time I tried it.

Edited by Boon Mee

I feel you all on this. The only thing I can recommend is to get it sent from the US. But when you are fiending for a chew, and you know your people back home are gonna take forever to send it, not to mention the week it takes for delivery, whats a man to do? I got my brother sending me over a log, hopefully arriving this week. The cigs gotta go! I talked to a guy who works for the embassy, and he told me they dont have any at the commissary, but I am not sure how reliable he is. Good luck to all!

<font color='#000000'>Luma

Didn't expect to go to church to find some baccy. You sure we talking about the same thing? "Just a pinch between the lip and gum...it satisfies". We are not talking about the little brown powder that you stick up your nose...that is called scotch snuff. Copenhagen is a US product favored by loggers, fishermen and anyone that works with their hands in an environment where smoking is prohibited...oil platforms and etc. Highly addictive, but...it satisfies...Now if they got twist tobacco or rough cut then that would do.

all the best</font>

Perhaps the only reason it satisfies is because its highly addictive?

Edited by jbowman1993

• 10 months later...