"financial Means" & The 60-day Tourist Visa

Hello. I recently applied for and was given a 60-day single-entry tourist visa. I noticed there have been claims that I need to show "Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)". I can certainly do this, but I'm not very comfortable carrying that much cash on me at once. I've never had to show any money when I've visited Thailand before with a visa-on-arrival. What does this requirement mean exactly? Is it enforced?

Agree, however, if you are the worrying type, I think having a name brand credit card to show an airport immigration officer (a gold card would really impress the impressionable Thais would really bring a smile to his face) or the said amount in travelers checks would also suffice.

Never known that ever being a requirement (obviously an option for the authourities) that has been enforced. The agents in Penang or the consulate in Vientiane never ask for proof. can't comment on other places in the region though. A credit card would suffice I would of thought in the unlikely event it should happen.