Getting Wifi To Work On Ubuntu 8.10 With Sony Vaio

livinthailandos

I know there are tons of articles on this but it seems you either get lucky using wifi on your labtop, or the brand of labtop you are using, I own a sony vaio and reading through many forums, trying many things, I still do not have enough skills to get it to work, asking for help, know wireless card is atheros 242, if anyone is out there able to help me. do know what the terminal is and know some commands in the terminal like lspci, ifconfig, iwconfig, can go from there.

Edited by livinthailandos

I know there are tons of articles on this but it seems you either get lucky using wifi on your labtop, or the brand of labtop you are using, I own a sony vaio and reading through many forums, trying many things, I still do not have enough skills to get it to work, asking for help, know wireless card is atheros 242, if anyone is out there able to help me. do know what the terminal is and know some commands in the terminal like lspci, ifconfig, iwconfig, can go from there.

Follow this guide which is pretty straight forward. Granted it's for an older version of Ubuntu and it's not your exact card, but the steps will be the same you just need to get the proper Windows driver.