Cost To Live In Thailand

WilliamCave

so, yes indeed, you can live here quite well on 80,000 baht per month even paying rent.

I should bloody well hope so lol. That's a lot more then i earn a month here in the UK lol, And i some how think that the UK is more expensive to live then Thailand. :o

This shouldn't be a problem, the amount you quoted would be plenty for most folks to take care of the family even with the normal bills. (Rent, Car Payment, internet, phone, mobile phones, electric, water, cable).

That is unless you have expensive tastes and like to splurge on big ticket items or if your wife likes to be pampered and go to salons and buy brand name everythings.

Or if you want to live in an overpriced house/condo or drive a benz...

For most people just looking for a normal middle class lifestyle and not have to stress over every baht, it should be more than enough.

As ever it comes down to pussy and beer.

Even in Pattaya, there is no need to pay more than Bt10-15k rent. Utilities around Bt3k a month including UBC. Running a truck costs about Bt3-5k a month before depreciation (insurance, tax, fuel, repairs etc.). Basic foodstuffs around Bt5k a month. So you have about 25k a month before beer, pussy and western luxuries. Get a girl who has a job and is not just a sponge on your finances and you should be able to keep it all together for about 50-60k having a reasonable time. Top line insurance and replacement accruals will add up but just going out a couple of times a week will not break your bank. Most guys in that position leave the girl to keep her salary and they pay for most things.

Being married should not cost more. Having kids definitely does. I guess mine costs me another 10-15k above what it costs at the bottom end and if I was still single and without then I'd probably save 40k a month without the kid (didn't have a car, 2 houses, other stuff).