Rhizobium Bacteria

Pond Life

I've found many references to Rhizobium, but not concrete answers.

Can anyone give me answers to the following questions.

Where can I buy/aquire Rhizobium in Thailand ?

Does it have a Thai name ?

Where can I find out which type of Rhiz I need for a particular crop ?

Im going to plant Leucaena, Common Vetch, Scarlet Clover & soybean.(all for soil improvement).

If I can get it, how do I use it ?

If I cant get it, will it naturaly develop over time ?, my land has been used for soybean in the past, but its had a 2 year break.

I know the stuff will grow, but I'm after nitrogen & organic matter, not beans.

Thanks

I've found many references to Rhizobium, but not concrete answers.

Can anyone give me answers to the following questions.

Where can I buy/aquire Rhizobium in Thailand ?

Does it have a Thai name ?

Where can I find out which type of Rhiz I need for a particular crop ?

Im going to plant Leucaena, Common Vetch, Scarlet Clover & soybean.(all for soil improvement).

If I can get it, how do I use it ?

If I cant get it, will it naturaly develop over time ?, my land has been used for soybean in the past, but its had a 2 year break.

I know the stuff will grow, but I'm after nitrogen & organic matter, not beans.

Thanks

Hi

I also want to know if it´s possible to buy in Thailand.

I only found NODULAID.

I am going to fill a lot of rice paddies with soil and was thinking of cover it with Cow Pea mixed with something like this.

Hello Pond Life, I have some 6YO that I ordered from:

http://www.groworganic.com/item_ISE200_Cow...za_Inocula.html another place is http://www.bountifulgardens.org/products.asp?dept=9

I did the old spray the seed with milk and let dry a while and then sprinkle the powder over the seed and move the seed around to get coated. All this out of the sun. PVF changed it's site around a bit, but it use to give info on what was what, in pdf. If you can't find the info on which one you need, I'll get the triple sealed bags out of the frig. Now I know why I keep it.(them)

rice555

Hello Pond Life, I did grow for green manure, but from what I did, I really have no way of knowing if it was a "+" or "-" over a regular planting.

The package that the inoculant was oversized and had a low amount of "$" listed. The package was flagged by customs post office in BKK at Hua Lamphong. The package also had 100 plastic tomato hangers, 400 plant clips and 200 truss/cluster supports. I had 1lb corn seeb, 1lb pinto bean seed, 5 pounds of different green manure seed and the ag inspectors only took the pinto beans because there was sign's of bugs in the seed bag.(OG seed) The ag inspectors didn't want to charge me duty, the customs people did, thats where I found out about %30 duty on plastics and paying duty on the postage/shipping costs. Ag said to get shipping papers and health papers on seed before you import 555.

I've ordered things long before I moved to LOS from PVF, they had a good verity of low cost bulk green manure seed, and other bulk vegetable/herb seed. Some of the places I've shopped had real low prices, but the total order had to be over $100., way more than I needed. I've never ordered from BG, I thank that PVF has some lines of BG seed.

rice555

ps the url urbanalabs I think doesn't work anymore, they are(were) in MO

post-37242-1228746533_thumb.jpg