Atm Exchange Rate?

I use this site to get the latest ATM exchange rate which for Siam City was 35.55baht/$1US before I left the house today and has not changed as I write this. I used 2 of my ATM Visa cards to withdraw 5000, 1000 respectively. I expected the cash withdrawal amount to be approx 35.55/$1US less the 1% Visa foreign exchange fee but it worked out to be 35.65.

I am not complaining but am curiously confused?

Edit: Oh, I do change the Currency type to "TT" as noted on the website.

Edited by vagabond48

I expected the cash withdrawal amount to be approx 35.55/$1US less the 1% Visa foreign exchange fee but it worked out to be 35.65.

Is that "35.65" after you factored in the 1% foreign exchange fee, i.e., you realized a 36.01 exchange rate?

If not, I'd say the 10 satang difference is well within the fudge factor of forex.

I expected the cash withdrawal amount to be approx 35.55/$1US less the 1% Visa foreign exchange fee but it worked out to be 35.65.

Is that "35.65" after you factored in the 1% foreign exchange fee, i.e., you realized a 36.01 exchange rate?

If not, I'd say the 10 satang difference is well within the fudge factor of forex.

No, I didn't bother factoring in the 1% since my online final cash withdrawal amount resulted in a 35.65/$1US exchange rate and that was higher than the 35.55 quoted on the website. I enter all my transactions in a spreadsheet which calculates the rate based on the US transaction amount and the total baht withdrawn.

I am off on a 4 day bicycle trip so I won't be able to reply until I return.

I have noticed that the exchange rate quoted on TV is almost always different from some other sites, for example xe.com.

I dont know why this should be so but if you are taking money from atm then you will just have to accept what you get.

I take money through my nationwide account via cah or debit cards and the rate is always very close to what is quoted by dealers.