Fiancee Visa

A friend gave me the following:

He [American] has a Thai GF.

She has had a visa to the US in the past and there was no overstay or other violation.

They [both] are building [currently] a house in Chiang Mai.

The property is registered in her name.

They have money in both names here in the bank.

She owns an automobile.

The home is being built for them to live in at his retirement in the approx 2 years.

She was denied another visa from the Chiang Mai consulate.

She was told to apply for a fiancee visa, but this could not be done in CM, and it would have to be done either in Bangkok or in Honolulu [seems strange that ??]

Has anyone before received one [Fiancee Visa] from the CM Consulate,or does anyone know if you can or cannot apply at the CM Consulate ???

They are advancing the wedding date too next week in hopes that this would help in getting a visa for her to visit the US for the holidays.

From those who have knowledge , is it wiser to marry here, then apply to get get a visa , or be patient and try and work out why she was denied and eventually get a visa and go to the US and get married there?

If they are planning on living in the USA for two years she is going to require an immigrant visa (spouse) if married and that is going to take time (months). Now that she has plans to marry a tourist visa is not issued because it could be expected to be used to bypass the normal immigration process (overseas wait) (not fair in my opinion but nobody asked me).

Below is from US Embassy web site:

In Thailand, immigrant visas are processed only at the Embassy in Bangkok. Consulate General in Chiang Mai does not process immigrant visas.

If they are planning on living in the USA for two years she is going to require an immigrant visa (spouse) if married and that is going to take time (months).  Now that she has plans to marry a tourist visa is not issued because it could be expected to be used to bypass the normal immigration process (overseas wait) (not fair in my opinion but nobody asked me).

Below is from US Embassy web site:

In Thailand, immigrant visas are processed only at the Embassy in Bangkok. Consulate General in Chiang Mai does not process immigrant visas.

Thanks much for the input...... like you say doesn't seem fair but its their rules.... I think the problem was that she was too un-Thai and told the truth without knowing that she was shooting herself in the foot..... now she cannot go back and change the story...

Thanks much again