Beware The Mad Dog

hill16

Depends on is he was a Navy Seal. They are as bad as anybody! :D

Haven't you noticed that EVERY one of them is ex-special forces?

Navy Seals, SAS, etc. = special ops

Special Forces = well... Special Forces - you know, the pepper shaker guys... but then no, you probably don't... :o

btw General, is the In and Out still on the Hang Dong Rd? I read the Hamburger thread and thought I'd stop in but couldn't find it...

No more In and Out but the original Hamburger Mike and a freind have opened a Roast Beef sandwich place on Chang Moi Road caticorner to the first Mike's Hamburger shop. The have burgers and subs and sandwiches that are pretty good and a giant Arby's looking sign that looks like a cowboy hat. :o

Special Forces = well... Special Forces - you know, the pepper shaker guys... but then no, you probably don't... :o

btw General, is the In and Out still on the Hang Dong Rd? I read the Hamburger thread and thought I'd stop in but couldn't find it...

No i don't know. But I don't make up stories about being a super secret elite killing machine like many of these idiots you meet all over Thailand.

My point was that these blowhards all claim to be some kind of super hero. No one ever admits to having spent 8 years organising laundry in a base in Alabama. This is a land of Walter Mittys. They get so extreme because they mostly tell their stories to bar girls who coo appreciatively until by the time they get to a fellow westerner their story is so extreme and full of holes it sounds ridiculous.

All the idiots in Pattaya who claim to be hooked up with the Mafia and the Police are a different kettle of fish as even the bar girls know they're full of it, so they look for tourists to spout off to, until they run into an expat who knows they're speaking rubbish.

No i don't know. But I don't make up stories about being a super secret elite killing machine like many of these idiots you meet all over Thailand.

My point was that these blowhards all claim to be some kind of super hero. No one ever admits to having spent 8 years organising laundry in a base in Alabama. This is a land of Walter Mittys. They get so extreme because they mostly tell their stories to bar girls who coo appreciatively until by the time they get to a fellow westerner their story is so extreme and full of holes it sounds ridiculous.

All the idiots in Pattaya who claim to be hooked up with the Mafia and the Police are a different kettle of fish as even the bar girls know they're full of it, so they look for tourists to spout off to, until they run into an expat who knows they're speaking rubbish.

People who've REALLY been in the Special Forces, or whatever, are typically very coy about their past actvities.

Bagging about police connections can actually get you into a lot of trouble in Thailand, when you meet those who REALLY have them and ain't bragging.

Aren't hamburgers REALLY dog food - and this was the mad dog thread, right?

No more In and Out but the original Hamburger Mike and a freind have opened a Roast Beef sandwich place on Chang Moi Road caticorner to the first Mike's Hamburger shop. The have burgers and subs and sandwiches that are pretty good and a giant Arby's looking sign that looks like a cowboy hat. :o

Thanks much, it seems the hamburger folk can always be depended upon to be courteous, helpful, and to have a fine sense of humor - unlike some...

No i don't know.

Well, then you're in for a treat for I'll tell you.

People who've REALLY been in the Special Forces, or whatever, are typically very coy about their past actvities.

"Typically coy"... really? So, of the the ones you've known most were coy? That sounds suspiciously quaint, but its a strange world out there, and who knows what goes on in the black...

But the "dog food" thing... well, I hope the general didn't see that, that's a very horrible thing to say in his presence. Why is it that whenever people go to rambo shows, or start talking about things like that, they seem to get steely eyed and cold and remorseless and say things meant to hurt? I mean where does 'coy' become cruel? Well, yes some of the ladies at first are coy and then cruel... hmm well, maybe there is an associative relationship there, I hadn't considered that before... Regarding your question about this being the mad dog thread, why yes, yes it is. However, this is the ThaiVisa Chiangmai forum and where ever the general is Hamburgers are close behind. In anycase I think you, like 'Theyreallrubbish', have earned the right to know about pepper shakers - thank you for this educational opportunity....

I was part of an oral history project once at a VA center. Some of the patients said they were former special forces and the question arose how their organizational structure ended up so different from the regular army. It seems the motivation was just to make it special - whoop dee doo... Apparently at first the question of what distinguishing terminology to use was quite a puzzle. But finally an ossifer pointed out that they had to keep it simple so the enlisted guys could understand and remember it, so someone else recommended they stick to the good ol' abc's, and not the zyx's, as his sister had pulled that on him once and he hadn't gotten over the headaches for weeks. Then they couldn't decide on which should come first. Somebody from Hawaii thought the operational teams in the field should be designated Da Teams, but then someone else thought, no, it should be Da Team for singular and Dem Teams for plural. This dissolved into quite an argument because others who were into mountains & streams instead of surf & sand thought they should use De Team, which they thought sounded more upbeat, more like something you'd hear on the side of the field of a winning football team or something.

Finally another ossifer got tired of all the nonsense - mainly because no one would consider his suggestion of Dis Team, Dat Team, and Does Teams, and said the smallest team structure could just start with the smallest letter.. Well, wouldn't you know then there was a free-for-all with everybody arguing about which was the smallest. Some argued for the non-capitalized 'c' as it was a single uncompleted line, while a non-capitialized 'a' or 'e' had extra segments. A few 0-4s did a white board presentation showing how an uncapitalized 'i' was the smallest, but it was erased when it was pointed out that if they did that then Al Gore might want to be in charge of the iTeams when the web was invented and there wasn't anyway they were going to stand for that. A 0-1 who was lost and happened to step in the room said it had to be a non-capitalized 'o' as it was like a zero which means the least so of course it had to be the smallest if it was the leastest and it of course was the first letter in ossifer and by gum if it was good enough for that it was.... then someone in a higher pay grade had the 0-4s show him the door...

The ossifer in charge finally called a halt and said he was late for his appointment at the autodealer and if he didn't get right down there and hand them the check they were going to sell his special ordered Firebird to some puke first leuy from the 82nd. Well, that got everyone motivated to have a decision made asap so they told him to just make a command decision regarding which designation should be used for the field teams. He was heading out the door and yelled something over his shoulder but all they caught was his sneeze smothered in a handkerchief so it came out 'Ah...'

The only reason SF wasn't a laughing stock right out of the gate was because of a headquarter's typist who unlike all of those directly involved in this mess wasn't infantry, wasn't airborne, and had at least a 7th grade education because that was the grade public schools offered beginning typing classes. He also had dreams of becoming a journalist and maybe an author, so when he saw the designation 'Ah...Team' on the proclamation draft, he just stamped his foot and exclaimed: "I'd rather just die!" (than type such a heresy, you know). Anyway the famous 'A-Team' designation owes itself to an unknown clerk named Maurice, or Bruce, or whatever.... someone said he clearly remembered it wasn't a Sue, as if it had been he'd of remembered so I guess that pretty much settles that question.

huh? pepper shaker... oh, the pepper shaker connection..... Well, that is pretty boring and not really worth the effort to go over, but alright... SF guys go all over the world and live off the local economy so of course they're pretty familiar with all sorts of cusines. A lot of military guys when they retire open up a bar and the SF retirees like to have a small restaruant attached where they can offer an international greasy spoon selection for all their buddies that might drop in. Now they might not offer free water but they of course aren't going to charge for salt or pepper and since most of their buddies are old timers same as them, they are half blind and fumble fingered. So the salt and pepper shakers are large, the former with white tops and the latter with green tops... that's the connection and if I have to connect the dots any futher than that for you just forget it - I'd rather just die.......

No more In and Out but the original Hamburger Mike and a freind have opened a Roast Beef sandwich place on Chang Moi Road caticorner to the first Mike's Hamburger shop. The have burgers and subs and sandwiches that are pretty good and a giant Arby's looking sign that looks like a cowboy hat. :D

Thanks much, it seems the hamburger folk can always be depended upon to be courteous, helpful, and to have a fine sense of humor - unlike some...

No i don't know.

Well, then you're in for a treat for I'll tell you.

"Typically coy"... really? So, of the the ones you've known most were coy? That sounds suspiciously quaint, but its a strange world out there, and who knows what goes on in the black...

But the "dog food" thing... well, I hope the general didn't see that, that's a very horrible thing to say in his presence. Why is it that whenever people go to rambo shows, or start talking about things like that, they seem to get steely eyed and cold and remorseless and say things meant to hurt? I mean where does 'coy' become cruel? Well, yes some of the ladies at first are coy and then cruel... hmm well, maybe there is an associative relationship there, I hadn't considered that before... Regarding your question about this being the mad dog thread, why yes, yes it is. However, this is the ThaiVisa Chiangmai forum and where ever the general is Hamburgers are close behind. In anycase I think you, like 'Theyreallrubbish', have earned the right to know about pepper shakers - thank you for this educational opportunity....

I was part of an oral history project once at a VA center. Some of the patients said they were former special forces and the question arose how their organizational structure ended up so different from the regular army. It seems the motivation was just to make it special - whoop dee doo... Apparently at first the question of what distinguishing terminology to use was quite a puzzle. But finally an ossifer pointed out that they had to keep it simple so the enlisted guys could understand and remember it, so someone else recommended they stick to the good ol' abc's, and not the zyx's, as his sister had pulled that on him once and he hadn't gotten over the headaches for weeks. Then they couldn't decide on which should come first. Somebody from Hawaii thought the operational teams in the field should be designated Da Teams, but then someone else thought, no, it should be Da Team for singular and Dem Teams for plural. This dissolved into quite an argument because others who were into mountains & streams instead of surf & sand thought they should use De Team, which they thought sounded more upbeat, more like something you'd hear on the side of the field of a winning football team or something.

Finally another ossifer got tired of all the nonsense - mainly because no one would consider his suggestion of Dis Team, Dat Team, and Does Teams, and said the smallest team structure could just start with the smallest letter.. Well, wouldn't you know then there was a free-for-all with everybody arguing about which was the smallest. Some argued for the non-capitalized 'c' as it was a single uncompleted line, while a non-capitialized 'a' or 'e' had extra segments. A few 0-4s did a white board presentation showing how an uncapitalized 'i' was the smallest, but it was erased when it was pointed out that if they did that then Al Gore might want to be in charge of the iTeams when the web was invented and there wasn't anyway they were going to stand for that. A 0-1 who was lost and happened to step in the room said it had to be a non-capitalized 'o' as it was like a zero which means the least so of course it had to be the smallest if it was the leastest and it of course was the first letter in ossifer and by gum if it was good enough for that it was.... then someone in a higher pay grade had the 0-4s show him the door...

The ossifer in charge finally called a halt and said he was late for his appointment at the autodealer and if he didn't get right down there and hand them the check they were going to sell his special ordered Firebird to some puke first leuy from the 82nd. Well, that got everyone motivated to have a decision made asap so they told him to just make a command decision regarding which designation should be used for the field teams. He was heading out the door and yelled something over his shoulder but all they caught was his sneeze smothered in a handkerchief so it came out 'Ah...'

The only reason SF wasn't a laughing stock right out of the gate was because of a headquarter's typist who unlike all of those directly involved in this mess wasn't infantry, wasn't airborne, and had at least a 7th grade education because that was the grade public schools offered beginning typing classes. He also had dreams of becoming a journalist and maybe an author, so when he saw the designation 'Ah...Team' on the proclamation draft, he just stamped his foot and exclaimed: "I'd rather just die!" (than type such a heresy, you know). Anyway the famous 'A-Team' designation owes itself to an unknown clerk named Maurice, or Bruce, or whatever.... someone said he clearly remembered it wasn't a Sue, as if it had been he'd of remembered so I guess that pretty much settles that question.

huh? pepper shaker... oh, the pepper shaker connection..... Well, that is pretty boring and not really worth the effort to go over, but alright... SF guys go all over the world and live off the local economy so of course they're pretty familiar with all sorts of cusines. A lot of military guys when they retire open up a bar and the SF retirees like to have a small restaruant attached where they can offer an international greasy spoon selection for all their buddies that might drop in. Now they might not offer free water but they of course aren't going to charge for salt or pepper and since most of their buddies are old timers same as them, they are half blind and fumble fingered. So the salt and pepper shakers are large, the former with white tops and the latter with green tops... that's the connection and if I have to connect the dots any futher than that for you just forget it - I'd rather just die.......

I have absolutely no idea what that is all about but I agree with you anyway . Who is this Paagi guy anyway - never heard of him? Theyreallrubbish!!! - who's all rubbish? You are, so there!!

Your reply really put them in their place. Well done. :o

Good to get it off your chest, isn't it?

It reminds of what I think everytime I have a No 2........ "that's a load off my mind". :D

I'm sure you feel that way too.  :D It's better to get it out. No point in bottling it up.

Edited by KevinHUNT

UG, what's the difference between 'caticorner' and 'kiticorner'? which is correct?

I don't know. I had intended to put it through spell check, but had to do some work and forgot. You seem to get the jist of it though. :o

Just or jist? :D

You changed it as I was writing :D

Edited by Ajarn

Bloody hel_l Kevin managed to get another Red Lion mention in this thread. Two now :D

I've met plenty of these guys on my travels, usually you can tell the real men from the boys and this guy sounds like a real anker. :o

The guys I've met who are forces or ex-forces are normally gentlemen.

Apart from one time in Dieppe with some mad Mancunian from the Legion who put a chair through a window while drinking with me and then threatened to bite out the patron's tongue. Luckily I managed to make it clear to the local Police that I was innocent.