Affirmation Of Marriage Translation

Hi,

I will be collecting the affirmation of marriage from the British Embassy in Bangkok and need this translating to Thai. Does anyone know of a reputable translation service near the embassy? Also any idea how much this cost and how long it will take?

Thanks in advance

Andy

All around the embassy and also opposite the Thai forign office, consular section you can find translation services. Doesn't matter much which one you take.

They have the document on file and only have to add your name etc to the document and print it. So it doesn't take more then a minute or 5. Cost range from 300 to 500 baht.

If you want they can take care of the legalisation proices for you too. The legalisation costs about 800 baht and takes about 4 hours if you do it yourself. Cab fare to the consular section will be about 300 to 400 baht come and go. If you go yourself take the BTS to the end of the line (moh chit) and take a cab there.

Thanks, what is the legalisation process? My undersanding was just to get it translated to Thai then off I go to the ministry of foreign affairs to get the license then the Amphur with the Mrs and all her documents....Am I missing a stage here?

Andy

All around the embassy and also opposite the Thai forign office, consular section you can find translation services. Doesn't matter much which one you take.

They have the document on file and only have to add your name etc to the document and print it. So it doesn't take more then a minute or 5. Cost range from 300 to 500 baht.

If you want they can take care of the legalisation proices for you too. The legalisation costs about 800 baht and takes about 4 hours if you do it yourself. Cab fare to the consular section will be about 300 to 400 baht come and go. If you go yourself take the BTS to the end of the line (moh chit) and take a cab there.

Edited by andyandythai

The legalisation process is that you take the documents from your embassy and the transalation to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs. They then confirm that the document is real by checking the signatures of the embassy employee that signed the paper, that is the legalisation process. That you show the amphur so they know that the document is real.

The link Joe provided will explain it.

Hi Andy,

I went through the same process 2 weeks ago. I got everything done and dusted within 24 hours. I took the Affirmation to the embassy and left it overnight. The following morning i collected it at 9am and outside the embassy some guy offered the translation service and took us to his office. I believe the cost of the translation was 300 baht and this took all of 5 minutes. Straight off to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, they took the documents and i collected them 2 hours later. No waiting around or nothing.

I read some horror stories regarding the above process, but for us it was a piece of cake. I hope it is as easy for you too.

Best of luck

John

Hi,

I will be collecting the affirmation of marriage from the British Embassy in Bangkok and need this translating to Thai.

Hi Andy, When you go to the British Embassy, ask the security office at the entrance and they will direct you to a near translation office. be carefull DO NOT accept any offers fron the street people outside the Embassy to take you to a translation office because it is a rip-off. Chock dee.