Tourist Visa

Scouse

I am trying to get a vv for my girlfriend, we have known each other 6 months, i will be back in Bangkok for the 3rd time to see her next week

I know there is no minimum period we have to have known each other but people keep tellin me it ain't gonna happen anyway until we have known each other 1 year minimum

Is that the way an ECO would view an application for a visitor's visa?

Cheers

Northstar,

The ECO will view the circumstances of your g/f's application in their entirety, one aspect being the duration of your relationship and how much time within that period you've actually spent together. Should her situation in general pass muster then the ECO will not be overly concerned that you've known each other for only 6 months but if her application otherwise falls to be refused then he may use this fact to bolster the refusal. The longer the 2 people have known each other the better but there is no strictly defined period for this. Certainly the Home Office/Foreign Office has no policy which states that an applicant has to have known their sponsor for a year before they can apply for a visa.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Edited by the scouser