Urgent-need Rental In Bkk

edit - moved http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Urgent-Renta...kk-t228516.html

Hi

I'm in a hotel on a temp basis, as said need to find something ASAP. Also I don't have 24/7 net access in my room so im down in the lobby or an cafe to get access when I can.

I plan on studying here for 1 year or more. I'm studying Network Administration so I need something with a dedicated phone line to allow me to set up an ADSL service for which i'll use to setup my internal computer networks.

looking up to 25k tbh/month

here are a list or requirements

1 bedroom clean neat fully furnished (not studio) safe/quiet.

full kitchen eg: cooktop, fridge/freezer (need to freeze fish and fruit), microwave.

aircon goes without saying

dinning area/table chairs etc some area to set up several computers.

bathroom-enclosed shower (preferably not inside a bath with curtains)

Must have dedicated phone line to set up ADSL internet as mentioned

close (walking distance) local fresh produce market eg fruit/veg/fish etc

close (walking distance) supermarket eg similar to woolworths, tops, ect

reasonably close to bts mrt but not so critical if the above two are walking distance.

Anyways thanks in advance for any assistance.

google searches yield hi-end rentals.

easyhomes.tv have many listings, tho most are already taken without them removing the listings :sigh:

mrroomfinder.com listings are nearly all easyhomes.tv listings.

Any other sources would be appreciated in advance.

Edited by drayon

Hello, I have a unit that mostly satisfies all your req'ts. It's in a new building Condo One X, on Sukhumvit Soi 26, 500 meters from BTS Prom Phong, close to Emporium mall, and about same distance from Villa market, Carrefour and Lotus Tesco (at other end of the soi, which becomes Soi Aree) on Rama 4. Unit is one bedroom, 51.77 sq meters, with separated kitchen. Unit has 2 aircons, glass enclosed shower stall, whirlpool washing machine, Mitsubishi refrigerator with freezer. I am in Bangkok only one week a month, so furnishings are basic but very functional and livable. Here are your req'ts:

1 bedroom clean neat fully furnished (not studio) safe/quiet. - Yes

full kitchen eg: cooktop, fridge/freezer (need to freeze fish and fruit), microwave. - Yes

aircon goes without saying - 2 Daikin A/C's

dinning area/table chairs etc some area to set up several computers. - Yes

bathroom-enclosed shower (preferably not inside a bath with curtains) - Yes

Must have dedicated phone line to set up ADSL internet as mentioned - Now none, but can install.

close (walking distance) local fresh produce market eg fruit/veg/fish etc - Villa, Carrefour, Lotus, Emporium

close (walking distance) supermarket eg similar to woolworths, tops, ect - as above

reasonably close to bts mrt but not so critical if the above two are walking distance. - 500 meters, 10 mins walk, plenty motosai riders available at door, baht 20 to BTS.

Next to Condo One X is Four Wings Hotel, near to Tara Hotel, plenty of massage and spa places, restaurants, sidewalk dining nearby.

I had moved in 27 Aug 2008, brand new unit from developer. 3 Elevators in building, one carpark space available, not fixed space. Still sparsely populated by owners.

I will next be in Bangkok 25 Dec 2008, and you can inspect unit then if you wish. I will furnish up to your specifications. Philips 32 in LCD TV included. On 21st floor, airy, nice view. Curtain rods and curtains installed.

You can email me <pcmar at netvigator dot com> if you have any other questions. Rent baht 25,000 per month inclusive management fee and phone line, exclude electricity, water, internet fee.

tangoll

Edited by tangoll

Hi there,

We have a one-bedroom apartment between Sukhumvit Soi 4 & 6, just a couple of minutes walk from Nana BTS.

It is currently being renovated and will be finished around 20 December. Well within your budget and although it doesn't currently have ADSL that can be arranged.

If you are interested, drop us a line and we can arrange to view.

Thanks

Drayon, don't pay 25K baht, bargain hard. rental market and real estate market is at a standstill level now. Many landlords have problems finding tenants.

I gave my landloard notice to move out about 2 months ago, so far nobody came to see this apartment. This is a high rise 1 bedroom unit on 28th floor across from Sate Tower in Sathorn, corner unit, pano views, so it's not like this is not a desirable building or location. But, no, absolutely nobody comes to view this apartment.

The new apartment I will move to has been vacant with no offers for 4 months and the landlord decided to drop the price dramatically. This Thai lady said she needed to pay her mortage.

Disclaimer: I know many people will argue, so I am just stating my personal experience. As we all know, there is no trustworthy, unbiased statistics in Thailand. So we all just go with who says what. :o

Edited by Scott123

Any other sources would be appreciated in advance.

www.craigslist.com

www.prakard.com

You can also just walk up to a condo building management office and ask if they have any vacant unit for rent, or see if there is a bulleton board in the lobby area. This way you can cut out the agent fee and you can bargain even harder.

In my opinion, anything more than 5 minute walking distance from BTS/MRT is too far, unless you plan to stay in the apartment all day. Otherwise, you may find yourself planning everything and make one trip per day to the outside world. There is nothing wrong with this, many Thais do it.

When you finally find the apartment you want, make sure you negotiate to pay only ONE month security deposit. Check out this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Rental-Depos...nd-t222857.html

Your 25K baht budget should be quite easy to find a reasonable 1 bed room unit in sukhumvit area, although no luxury. Good luck.

Edited by Scott123

Newsflash.

Most of the rest of the world work like this - FIRST - LAST & A ONE MONTH DAMAGE DEPOSIT.

Of course a lot of you re-invented the wheel. Don't let us stop you.

Read the link above about how hard it is to get a deposit back.

Hence 3 months up front. Same here. And the costs of renting here are way cheaper than anywhere else that i can think of in the world. Japan, Singapore, UK?? One month deposit doesnt cover the potential damages which can be caused by a tenant. You certainly wouldnt get in my UK properties with a one month deposit.

This is what I did. I negotiated a six month contract. I paid all 6 month up front because I know for sure I will be here for at least six month, I only paid one month security deposit. And it was written in the contract that the deposit is fully refundable unless there is damage due to tenant's negligence. I have the owner's phone number, address, a copies of her Thai ID card. And I will definitely have a lawyer to deal with her if the deposit is not refunded at the end of my contract (actually one month after the end of the contract). In the meantime, I know I will make my best effort to maintain her property.

Edited by Scott123