Fallout 3 For Windows...

dave9988

I have not seen it in the shop in Thailand yet, maybe it has not been released here, or maybe they are converting all the speech to Thai.

If it does arrive, prepare to lose your life for a while. I have already "invested" more than 50 hours in the Xbox version, great game!

• 2 weeks later...
I have not seen it in the shop in Thailand yet, maybe it has not been released here, or maybe they are converting all the speech to Thai.

If it does arrive, prepare to lose your life for a while. I have already "invested" more than 50 hours in the Xbox version, great game!

If you don't mind the download, you can get a legitimate version using Steam (www.steampowered.com). Its about 1500 Baht though, whereas if a local distributer puts it on the shelf it will probably be the standard 600 Baht new release price.

If a country makes it THAT difficult for you to NOT break the law then why bother? Jeeze the lengths some people will go to just to satisfy some sense of propriety? If Thailand doesn't sell legal games you are looking for but has the copied version at every stall in the mall why are fighting it?! Love fallout series btw, and fallout 3 rocks.

If a country makes it THAT difficult for you to NOT break the law then why bother? Jeeze the lengths some people will go to just to satisfy some sense of propriety? If Thailand doesn't sell legal games you are looking for but has the copied version at every stall in the mall why are fighting it?! Love fallout series btw, and fallout 3 rocks.

Because with the copied version you need to budget for the inevitable upgrade and patch problem, way more than the 2-400 Baht you save if you value your time even a little. For new titles, buying copies here just isn't cost effective any more for anyone who can afford a 200 Baht lunch. You could even make a profit if you could be bothered reselling to someone overseas (not illegal despite what the publisher wants you to believe, although I'm sure it is a voliation of E-Bay's terms of service so you would need to use different sales channels).

And you don't have to worry about your ThaiVisa forum threads getting closed or your account getting banned for promoting piracy.

Because with the copied version you need to budget for the inevitable upgrade and patch problem, way more than the 2-400 Baht you save if you value your time even a little. For new titles, buying copies here just isn't cost effective any more for anyone who can afford a 200 Baht lunch. You could even make a profit if you could be bothered reselling to someone overseas (not illegal despite what the publisher wants you to believe, although I'm sure it is a voliation of E-Bay's terms of service so you would need to use different sales channels).

They hack the patch immediately.... there is no lost time. The rest of what you said didnt make sense considering when a patch comes out it is usable almost instantly by the guys with copied games. Just pointing out the way it is. And we werent talking about buying copied games to save money anyway, we were talking about buying a copied game because it is way more readily available than the actual legit copy which isnt even for sale in the entire country.

I27 in MBK 4th floor is where I go to buy original games. Very good store.

i27 has fallout 3 import for 1500 baht

i have bought those copy games once or twice but i can never get them to work. its much different than a dvd. it seems like a headache and not worth it, plus you cant register online and play online.

i try to buy games on steam but if you are in thailand u need a thai credit card sadly.

left 4 dead for pc only at the same store (4th floor mbk)

They are really quite simple to get working... never had a game not work, if it didnt I would bring it back.

It may be simple, but some of us value our spare time more than the amount you save and would rather be playing the game or enjoying life rather than sitting in a taxi going back to pantip or trawling the maze of dodgy serial number and crack sites. Its just too much hassle, especially with a game like Fallout 3 or Oblivion where you probably want to install mods, and playing games is supposed to be fun.

I recommend not getting the Steam version btw. for anyone thinking of it. There is no local Steam content mirror, so you end up sucking it down from a single server in Malaysia, Singapore or US server at 30-60k which will take well over 24 hours (compared to the sustained 80k rate I get with Bittorrent). It is on special for a few days though at $US35 (1200 Baht?).

Someone who writes Thai might be able to get an answer on the forums at zest.co.th - the box is on the shelves in Singapore so they might have a date from the distributer now.

do u like left 4 dead stub? i havent touched fallout yet to be honest. addicted to l4d

Haven't played it - FPS games usually bore me now, so I don't bother unless the demo really grabs me. And there is no L4D demo.