20% Sale On Thai Airways 1.01-31.03.2009

londonthai

It's the first time in my membership with the thai airways loyalty program "royal orchid plus" they send me an email - looks like they are really desparate now for travellers:

Beginning January 1, 2009 Award travel on THAI is on sale!

What a great reason to visit Thailand if you reside abroad, and for members residing in Thailand, it’s a great opportunity to travel to your favourite international THAI destination.

The Amazing Award Seat Sale gives you, and your Award Nominees, savings of 20% off standard mileage requirements across almost the entire international THAI network, and in all classes of service*.

Amazing Award Seat Sale bookings can only be made by contacting THAI reservations beginning January 1, 2009.

• Thailand Contact Center 02 356 1111

• Abroad by contacting your local THAI office

Conditions: The Amazing Award Seat Sale is valid for round-trip travel on THAI operated international flights, except to/from Copenhagen or Stockholm, between January 1 - March 31,2009, with travel commencing and being completed within these dates. Award travel can be redeemed by member self or Award Nominees. There is no limit to the number of Award tickets that can be redeemed in this promotion. Online booking is not available for this promotion. All applicable

taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the Award ticket holder. Discount of 20% off standard mileage requirements applies to the THAI Round-Trip Awards Chart effective January 1, 2009.

No re-routing or re-credit of miles is permitted after Award ticket issue. All standard Royal Orchid Plus Award conditions apply.

Awards subject to aircraft configuration. Not valid for travel to/from Copenhagen or Stockholm.

more detailed info

http://www.royal-orchid-plus.com/enews_Dec...QUEID=001690571

Thai want 911 quid for a return flight leaving UK 6th March ...they are completly mad, looks like EVA leaving 5 min earlier at 600quid have got my business

say's it all really

Just in case you didn't notice, the OP mentions an AWARD sale... meaning 20% off on miles required to redeem a ticket... says nothing at all about cash prices.

Just in case you didn't notice, the OP mentions an AWARD sale... meaning 20% off on miles required to redeem a ticket... says nothing at all about cash prices.

No, but it gives an indication as to why they have enough capacity to offer this promotion.

Yesterday I bought a ticket with Thai (MUC-BKK-MUC) from a small travel agent here in Munich (1 Thai lady, 2 chairs, desk etc.)

There was a little poster in the window: €400!

Plus €280 for tax and fuel.

Still, €680 was better than the best price another agency had just offered: €740 with Turkish, stopping in Istanbul.

The promotion runs until March 31. I was able to book for that date.

TG 925 out, TG 924 back; the same in October was around €800 per.

The wife is delighted, Songkran with the family yet again.

I will be working :o

Thai want 911 quid for a return flight leaving UK 6th March ...they are completly mad, looks like EVA leaving 5 min earlier at 600quid have got my business

say's it all really

I always preferred EVA anyway...always cheaper better service :o

Hi, just for the record.  I am a Royal Orchid Plus Member with this airline.  I rang to ask why I had not received any emails regarding promotions and I would also like to log into my account.  I have the card with membship number which I quoted over the phone and was able to get this information from customer service.

If you have forgotten your PIN number you send an email on their website, and as a Royal Orchid Plus Member your new PIN will be sent to your home address in writing (in four to six weeks!).  Great if you are living in Thailand and have given your home address, and you are not wanting to book a ticket within the next few days?)  address in another county, not so great. "No cannot, email you back with a PIN this is not the procedure".

Alternatively, send a fax to the head office in Bangkok with your details, including your passport number, credit card details etc and they will send it out to you by mail.  Or you can take the option of visiting Head Office in Bangkok, by taking BTS Mochit station, and then take taxi ten minutes to the office.

Thanks to the previous post that shows the promotions of Thai Airways, as in my case, as a member I will never take up an offer now or in the future with them.

I would think you have an outdated email address on your membership account, that's why you haven't received it. Happens as well, that mails send in bulk or with a picture attachement end up in the spam folder (you might check it there)

No checked the spam.  Nothing there.  I have often wondered why I never get anything from them, assumed from the usual high price of their flights they are doing really well so dont need to market. If they do need to drum up business now, how about this scenario.

Operator - Madam, as I can verify your membership number and as a valued customer I  can have a customer service officer email you our current promotion. Or if you would like us to post it to you, are your details currently the same as we have on record?

Me - Kup Khun Kar, I would appreciate that. (Thinking...due to recent events here I am still waiting on mail sent a month ago, so wont risk the post).

Operator - If you go to our website, we have a secure link that says "Update your profile" if you fill this out, we can then ensure you have all current information on our promotions. You can also obtain a new pin by clicking on the function and can send to you by email.

Me - Kup Khun Kar, thank you. (Thinking....nice service, even if they are a bit pricey...do some research on Thaivisa and see if it matches flight service)

On their website at the very top they have a feedback form. Filled that out, (not enough room to list all my suggestions!) so will see if I get anything in my inbox. 

Cheers

PS  If everyone on Thaivisa takes two seconds to fill out the feedback form on their website, especially if you have had a flight with them..who knows! miracles do happen.

• 2 weeks later...

By chance got my email today from ROP so spurred me on to do a bit of research.

Flying from LHR to BKK, Westeasttravel quoted me £635 with Thai, full miles, first week in February.

Booking after January 1st, I can get an economy for 56,000 miles and go for £182.70.

What would you do?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

SQ always offers 15% for booking redemptions online, so this really doesn't look like any great deal to me.

indeed.

Well,last January 1, i booked two awards tickets to Seoul with just 72000 miles.and a 5000+ thb each.I did this online. As I can see that SQ is always offering this 15% discount, it looks good, but I cant afford SQ mimimum mileage accruable fare,its too high.I dont travel for business anyway, so I might stick with ROP.

Well, at last, I have two tickets for skiing in Korea next month, whewww..thanks for that 20% promotion though

Bangkok Air offers 50% discount on redemption tickets until January 2009. this means, for only 50 Points you can get a domestic one-way ticket (including the overpriced SAMUI-flights).

for those not in the know: you get 10 points for each domestic one-way with them (even for the cheapest promotion-fares), and 15-20 for international sectors. in addition, u still can easily get extra points (for example, I got 2 x 5 extra points late last year for using the ONLINE-CHECK-IN facility, when they introduced that system, or they doubled points during their "birthday promotion").

until today, I easily earned 170 points within a year by only taking around 10 domestic one-ways (most of them at ridiculously cheap promo-rates) or so between BKK and CM.

with the recent promotion, those 170 points entitle me to a return flight to, for example, Luang Prabang, HCMC, Yangoon, Siem Reap (2x75 points), or a one-way to either Macau, Xi'an, Guilin (100 points), or I could book another 3 domestic one-way-flights (3 x 50 points) for free.

since I used my 70.000 miles on THAI AIR's "Royal Orchid Plus" to book a return-ticket to Europe in mid-2008, I have never felt the need to earn any miles on THAI AIR again..... BKK-AIR rulezzzz now :o

Edited by siam2007

Bangkok Air offers 50% discount on redemption tickets until January 2009. this means, for only 50 Points you can get a domestic one-way ticket (including the overpriced SAMUI-flights).

for those not in the know: you get 10 points for each domestic one-way with them (even for the cheapest promotion-fares), and 15-20 for international sectors. in addition, u still can easily get extra points (for example, I got 2 x 5 extra points late last year for using the ONLINE-CHECK-IN facility, when they introduced that system, or they doubled points during their "birthday promotion").

until today, I easily earned 170 points within a year by only taking around 10 domestic one-ways (most of them at ridiculously cheap promo-rates) or so between BKK and CM.

with the recent promotion, those 170 points entitle me to a return flight to, for example, Luang Prabang, HCMC, Yangoon, Siem Reap (2x75 points), or a one-way to either Macau, Xi'an, Guilin (100 points), or I could book another 3 domestic one-way-flights (3 x 50 points) for free.

since I used my 70.000 miles on THAI AIR's "Royal Orchid Plus" to book a return-ticket to Europe in mid-2008, I have never felt the need to earn any miles on THAI AIR again..... BKK-AIR rulezzzz now :o

I flew gulf air last year in September returning november for £465 total. I have just booked a ticket with jet airways return for £410 leaving Feb 9th!! Think I did well from looking on here. I also get one free change of ticket (well £30 or something for "admin fees" - which is nothing compared to the £120 gulf air charged me back in october!!!)

Ebookers is always a winner for me for flying to asia. Got really good deals to japan, china and hong kong there. Or STA travel - call them up so they can find a good cheap date to fly. They get good virgin blue tickets SO SO cheap. If poss I'd love to fly virgin to Bangkok - you get reward miles, great flight times, reliable etc etc.

I'm a bit aprehensive about flying jet to be honest - but the review above seems to have helped me prepare for mumbai!!!

Hope that helps anyone looking for a deal to Thailand!

Safe travels x :D

I flew gulf air last year in September returning november for £465 total. I have just booked a ticket with jet airways return for £410 leaving Feb 9th!! Think I did well from looking on here. I also get one free change of ticket (well £30 or something for "admin fees" - which is nothing compared to the £120 gulf air charged me back in october!!!)

Ebookers is always a winner for me for flying to asia. Got really good deals to japan, china and hong kong there. Or STA travel - call them up so they can find a good cheap date to fly. They get good virgin blue tickets SO SO cheap. If poss I'd love to fly virgin to Bangkok - you get reward miles, great flight times, reliable etc etc.

I'm a bit aprehensive about flying jet to be honest - but the review above seems to have helped me prepare for mumbai!!!

Hope that helps anyone looking for a deal to Thailand!

Safe travels x :o

Check Westeasttravel...

You can fly on Thai for less than £500 now.

Eithad £195 plus tax!

RAZZ