Another Development In Big Trouble?

colinpattaya

Just heard that The Waterfront is in big financial problems and will probably not happen. I suggest anyone thinking of investing in it or anyone that has invested in it, should contact them straight away.

I am only posting this to warn everyone, there is no malice intended. Maybe someone who knows more than me could give us some more information.

Their website is www.waterfrontpattaya.com

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by colinpattaya

Just heard that The Waterfront is in big financial problems and will probably not happen. I suggest anyone thinking of investing in it or anyone that has invested in it, should contact them straight away.

I am only posting this to warn everyone, there is no malice intended. Maybe someone who knows more than me could give us some more information.

Their website is www.waterfrontpattaya.com

Cheers,

Colin

From a man in a bar perhaps??? :o

I think Moderators should pull these hearsay posts. I have no financial interest in the Waterfront and personally don't care if it is built or not, but unless people can substantiate their rumour-mongering posts, they should not post at all, as it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and may also end up as a lawsuit for economic damage and a libel action to boot.

One could post such rumours about EVERY current development in Pattaya right now (no buyers, too expensive, will never sell the Thai 51%, exchange rates killing them, raw materials prices, banks refusing credit, scared to lend to developers even to finish off, etc etc) , so why should a newbie poster single out The Waterfront for attention? It might be well-meaning but in these times it could also be misleading and dangerous.

Best to wait until there is something more concrete about specific developments than post Chinese whispers, in my opinion.

Edited by sharecropper

I think Moderators should pull these hearsay posts. I have no financial interest in the Waterfront and personally don't care if it is built or not, but unless people can substantiate their rumour-mongering posts, they should not post at all, as it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and may also end up as a lawsuit for economic damage and a libel action to boot.

One could post such rumours about EVERY current development in Pattaya right now (no buyers, too expensive, will never sell the Thai 51%, exchange rates killing them, raw materials prices, banks refusing credit, scared to lend to developers even to finish off, etc etc) , so why should a newbie poster single out The Waterfront for attention? It might be well-meaning but in these times it could also be misleading and dangerous.

Best to wait until there is something more concrete about specific developments than post Chinese whispers, in my opinion.

Just to say I completely agree with this view.

Posting "I have heard...." without giving any information about the source of the information is not helpfuk

As I understand it this is a discussion forum relating to Pattaya. This is a piece of news I heard today that requires clarification from a more informed source as it could have a financial impact on board members who may have invested in the project. If admin/moderators think it is too sensitive and could get them into trouble then they will surely delete it. I just want people to know there may well be a problem with the development....sorry for that if it upsets you!!!

Colin.

As I understand it this is a discussion forum relating to Pattaya. This is a piece of news I heard today that requires clarification from a more informed source as it could have a financial impact on board members who may have invested in the project. If admin/moderators think it is too sensitive and could get them into trouble then they will surely delete it. I just want people to know there may well be a problem with the development....sorry for that if it upsets you!!!

Colin.

Heard today from who??

It is not a case of the moderators thinking the post is sensitive or not, you are posting unfounded rumors, in your opening post and in the one above!!

Divulge your sources and their credibility on the subject! :o

I agree.

If OP or anyone else can put forward a non speculative/factual report on the "status" of this particular project, please PM me or another Thai Visa moderator and we will re-open or add it to this topic.

This might include an article written in a local newspaper, having been passed the building site and witnessed what is "currently" going on, or reporting an "actual" conversation with the project administrators.

Thank-you for your co-operation.

Closed.