Uk Spouse Visa Help

I am planning to marry in Thailand in January and return with my wife after 3 weeks total. Can somebody point me in the right direction for paperwork .I gather I need to write an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry but Thailand uk's link to a template does not work.Also which is the corect visa application ? vaf4? Any help with the papertrail in Thailand appreciated.

I am planning to marry in Thailand in January and return with my wife after 3 weeks total. Can somebody point me in the right direction for paperwork .I gather I need to write an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry but Thailand uk's link to a template does not work.Also which is the corect visa application ? vaf4? Any help with the papertrail in Thailand appreciated.

Well, you're not trying very hard because there is lots of information on this all over the place, starting with the UK Embassy Bangkok web site. I hope you're not like the bloke I met in the embassy who was after his affirmation and thought he'd be getting married that day! Dream on, allow three days minimum to get everything you need.

So, you also think you're taking your wife back to the UK three weeks later. You really are a dreamer, are you not? Maybe on a visitor visa, but not on a settlement visa, that's for sure. Trouble is, a visitor visa might be hard to come by because once you're wed the immigration gestapo assume your wife intends to stay. And they'd be right. You need to do your homework. I expect some kind soul will provide you with most of what you need but, honestly, it's everywhere. I repeat, it ain't hard to find.

Well, you're not trying very hard because there is lots of information on this all over the place, starting with the UK Embassy Bangkok web site. I hope you're not like the bloke I met in the embassy who was after his affirmation and thought he'd be getting married that day! Dream on, allow three days minimum to get everything you need.

So, you also think you're taking your wife back to the UK three weeks later. You really are a dreamer, are you not? Maybe on a visitor visa, but not on a settlement visa, that's for sure. Trouble is, a visitor visa might be hard to come by because once you're wed the immigration gestapo assume your wife intends to stay. And they'd be right. You need to do your homework. I expect some kind soul will provide you with most of what you need but, honestly, it's everywhere. I repeat, it ain't hard to find.

It's not unheard of to get a spouse settlement visa in 3 weeks, My wife did last week. Actually it was a day or so under 3 weeks that she got it from handing in the application at the British embassy. But you need to make sure you have all the correct paperwork and loads of evidence etc,

My wife didn't have an interview, So that could be why it was so quick, The application was near enough spot on so they didn't need to interview my wife.

How to register a marriage

What will I need to make my application?

13.5 Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify