Anyone Know The Hours Of Operation For The Post Office?

rmicheald

After seeing the huge lines at the Soi Post Office location the day before the Constitution Day holiday, I headed to Carrefour where "Mailboxes" beside the food court (beside the main entrance from the car park) sent my letter via EMS without me having to stand in line.

Just an alternative to the hassle of parking and queueing at the main location?

Edited by NanLaew

if you are talking about all postoffices in thailand it is mon to friday 8.30 till 3.30 and saturay 8.30 till 11.30

rick

jomtien and banglamung post offices are open til 4.30pm, open at 8.30, sat til 12.30

I've been the last two Saturdays to Banglamung Post Office and had to wait until they opened at 9.00a.m.

if you are talking about all postoffices in thailand it is mon to friday 8.30 till 3.30 and saturay 8.30 till 11.30

rick

jomtien and banglamung post offices are open til 4.30pm, open at 8.30, sat til 12.30

I've been the last two Saturdays to Banglamung Post Office and had to wait until they opened at 9.00a.m.

im sorry, im not sure on saturday about opening time, but i am about closing time as im always late !

The main branch on soi post office is open from 08:00-20:00 everyday. I know this is not consistent

with other po's in Thailand but those are their hours. I used to send greeting cards to the states on

a regular basis, "airmail" or 1st class was 42 baht, but if you exceed a certain weight it will be more.

I sent a calendar to a friend with this same method and it was 290baht. I've used their EMS before

but it's actually more expensive than fedex and usps is their partnership network back home. This

last time I sent two cards and the calendar about NOV 15th and none of it ever arrived so, as you

can imagine, i'm rather disgusted with them. i rather suspect anything with an address written in

English gets aahh, extra scrutiny. sad to say but if you want it to arrive with some certainty you'll

have to use one of the courier services, DHL,UPS or fedex. postal workers shouldn't steal mail.

• 2 years later...

rick

Just to update, it's Saturday and I just went to the Rawaii and Kata post office at 12:10 and 12:20 and they were closed. Sign at Kata says they close 12 noon. Seems various offices close at various times on Saturday.

The post office in the next Village to me is closed on Mondays and Wednesdays...... But is always open all day Sat and Sun..

In the next town up from me the Post Office is open 08:30 - 18:00 Mon - Fri + Sat till 12:30. The next Town down they are open 08:00 - 20:00 Mon - Fri and Sat till 14:00

These are proper post offices, many other Villages appear to have Agents with full post office factuality all appear to open at different times..