Lost Passport - Will I Get New Non O Visa With New Passport?

I've cleverly lost my uk passport (stolen) and what i'd like to know, if anyone can help, is will I receive a new non o visa with the new passport, or if not what will i be getting? I entered the country just last week, my first entry on a brand new non o visa. Please don't tell me they'll only give me a 30 day visa and i'll have to leave the country every 15 days, in which case i'd rather wait until the end of Feb, when my initial 90 days is up, and say i've lost it then, to buy myself some time! Any ideas? Cheers for any help. :o

You'll get a new blank passport from the UK embassy, probably with a letter addressed to Thai Immigration explaining that you've lost your previous passport.

After that it will be up to you to get down to the Immigration department to get them to put your non-immigrant visa into your new passport.

As far as I know this is a fairly straightforward process. I've had it done twice now without problem although admittedly I have somebody to do all the Immigration stuff for me.

Thanks. Did you have to do it because you lost your passport twice? And when was the last time, as i know things are always changing. Also, will i be granted a brand new non o 12 month multiple entry visa or will it be backdated (probably). And any idea how long it'll take to get the passport and the visa - i'm supposed to be going out of the country on the 29th! Thanks again.

OK. As noted above you'll get a nice blank passport and a letter for immigration.

If you have a record of where and when you entered the country (boarding card) immigration should be able to find your entry record (always smart to make copies of your TM6 and entry stamp for this kind of incident), they will transfer the entry permit to your new passport.

Unless things have changed very recently THEY WILL NOT TRANSFER THE VISA!!! that is gone! The consulate that originally issued it can transfer the lost visa for a cost, it just may not be worth it if you have to jet halfway round the world.

Edited by Crossy