Bangkok’s Governor Inspects The City’s Discotheque

george

Bangkok’s governor inspects the city’s discotheques

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Governor Apirak Kosayothin and several senior municipal officers made a surprise visit to at least two discotheques on Ratchadapisek road on Saturday night.

The inspection team found that the discos had not broken the law requiring entertainment venues to keep their music below 90 decibels.

The regulations limiting the noise levels were introduced after the King’s birthday address drew attention to the increased hearing problems of young Thais who frequent these entertainment centres.

The governor visited the Hollywood Award and found the music was lower than the required limit. But the disco still had problems with the fire escape and the lighting system.

Mr. Apirak later visited another venue nearby, Dance Fever where the sound system complied with the new regulations.

--TNA 2004-12-19

Bangkok’s governor inspects the city’s discotheques 

BANGKOK: --  The Bangkok Governor Apirak Kosayothin and several senior municipal officers made a surprise visit to at least two discotheques on Ratchadapisek road on Saturday night.

The inspection team found that the discos had not broken the law requiring entertainment venues to keep their music below 90 decibels.

The regulations limiting the noise levels were introduced after the King’s birthday address drew attention to the increased hearing problems of young Thais who frequent these entertainment centres.

The governor visited the Hollywood Award and found the music was lower than the required limit. But the disco still had problems with the fire escape and the lighting system.

Mr. Apirak later visited another venue nearby, Dance Fever where the sound system complied with the new regulations.

--TNA 2004-12-19

No problem with the noise ,I would just turn down the volumn on my hearing aid :D

however "still had problems with the fire escape and the lighting system".

and "complied with the new regulations"

New fire and emergency lighting and protected escape route regulations :D

That would be good to know as we (who were there)remember the reason the Manila City Council R.of P. shut down all their "ents" venues was due to the fact thay if they hadnt actually closed them they would all have burnt down...cheap nasty and tat (bit like Blackpool)

Remember the big Disco fire where all the kids got killed (murdered) :o ...Raw wang :D ...

Who the <deleted> do they think they are?

The noise regulations being enforced on beer bars and outdoor venues is a great idea, but what gives them the right to decide if an enclosed pub, bar, club or whatever is too loud??

The customers are obviously happy otherwise they'd leave.

The noise regulations being enforced on beer bars and outdoor venues is a great idea, but what gives them the right to decide if an enclosed pub, bar, club or whatever is too loud??

Too much of the Rolling Stones,Animals,Who,Naz,ELP,Cream,Floyd,Abba (No thats a lie...honestly never saw them )Grand Funk Railroad. :o ..mucked up my "lugs"over the years...........but yea my fault

Now enjoy going to Heathrow Airports listening to the Jumbo Jets taking off.

Been drilled out in Hospitals as far apart as UK -US -Australia -Saudi and even in Bac Mai in Hanoi. :D

To be a bit "mutt"is Ok but just glad I got smart before "Jeff" kicked in.

excessive NOISE is jus plane .....waht ...wot wis that you said.....?

RNID RESEARCH REVEALS HUGE RISK OF HEARING LOSS AMONG YOUNG PEOPLE

RNID - the UK's largest charity representing nine million deaf and hard of hearing people - found that of the two thirds (66%) of young people who regularly go clubbing, three quarters of them regularly experience ringing in their ears and / or dullness of hearing after a night out - a warning sign of hearing damage.

The research also shows that whilst almost half of young people (46%) know that the ringing in their ears after a night out is a sign of damage, many (59%) aren't aware this damage is irreversible.

"Social noise exposure has tripled since the early 1980s in the UK meaning that it is now even more important for people to take steps to look after their hearing. Prevention is always better than cure, especially in this case as there is no remedy for hearing damage.

"We need to get to a stage where remembering to take your ear plugs out with you on a big night out is as common-place as remembering safe sex protection. :D

"If we don't, we are roller coasting towards an epidemic of premature hearing loss in middle age,"

a major campaign - Don't Lose the Music - targeted at clubbers, students and festival goers. It aims to encourage young people to adopt a 'safe listening' approach by getting them to:

take regular breaks from the dance floor in nightclubs and use club chill out areas to give ears a rest from loud music

stand away from loud speakers when in clubs or at gigs and concerts

wear ear plugs if regularly exposed to loud music, ie as a frequent clubber, DJ or musician.

"The big difficulty is that we were all brought up in a youth culture where 'If the music is too loud, you're too old', but too many people reach middle age and wish they'd listened to their parents. :D

"It is very difficult to tell someone to turn the volume down without seeming like a killjoy, but with more and more professional musicians and DJs treating their sense of hearing as the irreplaceable asset it is, it's becoming more viable to get the message across to everyone.

"It all boils down to a question of whether it is better to deafen yourself with sound when you are young, or to treat your ears with a little care and respect and enjoy a lifetime of aural pleasure!" :D

Good point, Rinrada ! I myself did a lot of clubbing in my twenties and as I now near my forties, I fear that there is a high chance that I will regret those times, possibly when I near my sixties, or even fifties !

Cheers,

Jem

Sorry Dave, I couldn't hear what you were saying,

the music is too loud!

Can you please turn it down.

Thanks