Vegetarian Dishes

popmybubble

I can't say that I've ever been to a specifically vegetarian restaurant, but most Thai dishes convert to vegetarian fairly well, it just takes an experienced cook to realize that green curry doesn't always have to be with chicken!

As far as i know there are 7 vegetarian restaurants in Chiang Mai. Starting from 20B to 35B for rice with 2 different dishes. Typical Thai where you can point out which dish you want. Some of them are quite good and spicy, with sojameat or tofu. They are located far appart and no good parking though. For these prices you can try 4 different dishes/meal and do a trail and error to find what you like the most.

vegetarians rule!

As far as i know there are 7 vegetarian restaurants in Chiang Mai. Starting from 20B to 35B for rice with 2 different dishes. Typical Thai where you can point out which dish you want. Some of them are quite good and spicy, with sojameat or tofu. They are located far appart and no good parking though. For these prices you can try 4 different dishes/meal and do a trail and error to find what you like the most.

vegetarians rule!

There are so many veggie places in Chiang Mai - we are so lucky!

There is a fabulous vegetarian lunchtime buffet for 80 baht at Khun Chern, Nimmanhaemin Soi 17.

Good Thai food, Salads and sandwiches at Blue Diamond, Moonmuang Soi 9

Excellent Thai food at a small place simply named Thai Vegetarian Restaurant near Wat Prasing on Intrawararot Road.

The best khao soy (IMHO) is to be found at the small corner veggie shop on Sutthep Road just past Wat Suan Dok.

And there's also Pun Pun around the back of Wat Suan Dok which has the most amazing mixed flower salad!

Oh, too many to mention!

My friend has a great website that you should check out...

http://www.geocities.com/chiangmaivegetarian/

Good luck and good eating!!!

MCL

Sometimes the Pad Thai and Oyster Omelet people will also be making another dish with ingredients that tie in to these other dishes thematically. Don't get freaked out by the oyster omelet thing; it's just a dish that is often made at Pad Thai places, you may have noticed. And of course you know these places can make Pad Thai jeh style. A few places also make a dish called Khanom Pak Kard. It's basically a daikon radish cake where the radish is grated n mixed with rice flour and some onion (it's a Chinesey thing), steamed, then fried up with beansprouts and green onions. It's completely jeh. Very nice and savory when done nice. Then you eat it with a sweet salty red chili sauce 'Sri Rachah.' Very few ppl know of this dish but it is awesome when done right. Look for it at every to-order pad Thai place n you're bound to eventually find one.