Man Utd Restaurant / Bar

bkkjames

Dropped in for a look and lunch today. Very quiet but so was soi 11 as a whole.

Decor

First impression, not huge, but clean and very modern. Consists of an indoor aircon area with a big screen or two. A small area to buy UTD t-shirts and stuff.

The outdoor patio area is very nice - almost lounge like, with a small bar and couch / table seating. House music played quietly in the background.

Menu

A mix of usual stuff including burgers, starters plus higher-end fare. An extensive (expensive) Thai menu is included.

Prices are down the middle 200++ for most pub style grub and upwards for the larger more refined meals.

Beverage

Bottled beer 120 baht, but I saw they had a happy hour buy 1 get 1 for draft I guess.

I ordered a penne arabitica which was quite good overall and a pepsi. Total incl service charge 394 baht.

Conclusion

To early to tell, will need to check it out in the evening but can say this is more of a 'trendy' spot than a real pub type atmosphere. assuming tourism returns to normal, it should do ok with all the hotels in the area.

Thanks for this. I might have wandered in my mistake.

Do they do prawn sarnies? Is the seating plastic? Is the owner from surrey? Has he got a red nose? Do the punters leave 5 mins before closing time to beat the traffic back to Torquay?

Try and come up with something a little more original. :o