Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Tony, sorry for the misunderstanding, i actually meant the optimum fuel delivery during valve opening time, i just worded it badly. Had a PC III on my MV and had it dynoed. Mid range power was ridiculous and in all honesty for Singapore roads made it almost unrideable. I just think if you're going to the trouble to fit an after market exhaust then go the extra step and have it set up to accept the extra fuel that will be needed. As i said i'm sure its too early at this stage to have software capabilities to play with the ECU.

If at this stage its not possible to have it re-mapped i would strongly suggest a high performance air filter K&N for example to assist in the extra air intake required. I have another 3 weeks wait for my Orange one and its pissing me off as i hate waiting. I've also got 2nd reserve on a Street Triple R in Orange so if the Thai guy, for whatever reason declines 1st refusal i'll end up with the Triple R before the Kwak.

At this stage i will only be looking to add a wind deflector for the kwak as the rest of it suits my eye and i like it. Really looking forward to riding it though and help me slow down because after having a K1200R for a year i need to remember i'm nearly 40 not 21 anymore. The K1200R is THE best bike i've ever rode but its just too quick for Phuket, hence trying to sell it....cheers

Edited by Rickster

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm exactly the kind of guy that Rickster hates. I know how to change the oil and spark plugs in all the vehicles I've owned; I've even changed the brake pads in a few of them. But I'm no mechanic, and if I buy a new exhaust for my bike, I buy 80% for looks and 20% for performance. Along those lines, here's some exhausts that fit this bike:

Akrapovic

akrapovicc.jpg

Jardine

jardine.jpg

LeoVince

leovincec.jpg

Last but not least

Two Brothers

twobros.jpg

A little blurry, but there are lots of good pics of TwoBros already.

I'm sure BBBKK buys his exhaust 80% on performance and 20% looks, opposite of me, but some of us really don't care that much. I have to honestly say that I don't use my bike to anywhere near it's potential, and I just like the admiring looks. Sue me.

I think that for a lot of people, top end performance matters less than just the fun of customizing your bike. I mean really, unless you're on the track, who the hel_l cares? In the curves on some back road it comes down much more to riding skill than what the bike is capable of. And someone's stock bike might run a little better than mine but I love the attention when I pull up in front a club somewhere. I'm just vain like that.

27turbo.jpg

I think that for a lot of people, top end performance matters less than just the fun of customizing your bike. I mean really, unless you're on the track, who the hel_l cares? In the curves on some back road it comes down much more to riding skill than what the bike is capable of. And someone's stock bike might run a little better than mine but I love the attention when I pull up in front a club somewhere. I'm just vain like that.

27turbo.jpg

Where can you get one of those gold chains please?

WOW!

^ You blokes are confusing these poor simpletons. :D

Lets face it, if one 'farang' doesnt want his plate bolted on, that means the other 6 billion pharking farangs don't want their plates bolted on :D:D - only in Thailand :o

Haha! That's right on the money.

Its like on the rare occassion that I do actually go to a tourist area & go for breakfast somewhere & the waiter rushes over to hand me the tomato sauce & tell me about the 'American Breakfast' & I announce, I don't want the American Breakfast & I don't like the American Breakfast & really don't like tomato sauce :D .....I always get that look of 'huh' :wai:

FWIW, those "American" breakfasts that are served have not been encountered in the 26 years and 17 States of my experience.....

And mark me down as one of those that believes that a stock ECU can essentially handle an exhaust swap. Granted it won't be optimised, but unless you're running an extremely narrow band O2 sensor, the bike should happily make the correction.

Racing mod for the ER-6n - thought you guys might enjoy this :D .

The mod has 98 HP and weighs 184kg, rumored price is 10,000 EUR.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Oooh! That's SEXY! Hardly a thing they've not touched.

Here's a list of some of the mods: gas-flowed head with an increased compression ratio of 13.8:1, balanced pistons, rods and crank, high-lift cams, advanced ignition, a modified airbox and a full Akrapovic system and to cope with the increase in power around 23bhp extra, its fitted with a R6 radiator.

Chassis components have been borrowed from Kawasaki's top supersport models so the bike features ZX-6R's USD suspensions and ZX-10R's radial brakes. .

SWEET! :o

KEWL ride, like it...

I think I'm exactly the kind of guy that Rickster hates. I know how to change the oil and spark plugs in all the vehicles I've owned; I've even changed the brake pads in a few of them. But I'm no mechanic, and if I buy a new exhaust for my bike, I buy 80% for looks and 20% for performance. Along those lines, here's some exhausts that fit this bike:

Akrapovic

akrapovicc.jpg

Jardine

jardine.jpg

LeoVince

leovincec.jpg

Last but not least

Two Brothers

twobros.jpg

A little blurry, but there are lots of good pics of TwoBros already.

I'm sure BBBKK buys his exhaust 80% on performance and 20% looks, opposite of me, but some of us really don't care that much. I have to honestly say that I don't use my bike to anywhere near it's potential, and I just like the admiring looks. Sue me.

Here is my favorites for the ER6

Muzzy megaphone

Ninja650R.jpg

Or

Devil Exhaust

1437_z.jpg

Good stuff guys! Rickster doesn't know what he's missing... He'll probably be the only guy in Thailand riding a stock ER6n :o

Going solely by appearance here's my favorite exhaust- the IXIL from Spain:

ER6nIxil.jpg

ER6Ixil.jpg

Cool, huh? But very difficult to source...

Where can you get one of those gold chains please?

WOW!

LOL- there are a few companies that make high quality colored chains- DID, EK and Tsubaki are a few that come to mind.

EKColoredChains.jpg

Ooooh- I just found the PERFECT chain for AnthonyR1-

PinkChain.jpg

:D:D:D:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Do a more pulled back shot on the engine sliders when you have time.. Hard to get an impression of where they sit on the full machine..

Here ya go LivinLOS!

0330ER6n3.jpg

0330ER6n.jpg

I'm surprised you're having such a hard time finding fork sliders for the CBR- after all that was a hot selling bike back in the day. I'm sure you could have some custom made if you really wanted. And in Thailand it shouldn't be very expensive. Good luck and Happy Trails! Tony

Tony

where did you get the stand from and what was the price?

Can anyone recomend a good customs spay artist to repaint the Er6-N and anyone got any ideas on the price?

Cheers kev

Do a more pulled back shot on the engine sliders when you have time.. Hard to get an impression of where they sit on the full machine..

Here ya go LivinLOS!

0330ER6n3.jpg

0330ER6n.jpg

I'm surprised you're having such a hard time finding fork sliders for the CBR- after all that was a hot selling bike back in the day. I'm sure you could have some custom made if you really wanted. And in Thailand it shouldn't be very expensive. Good luck and Happy Trails! Tony

Gon,

My fan packed up after only 600 kms and they told me that ANY modifications would void the warrenty. As the bike is so cheap I would not be suprised if they push this one.

Cheers Kev

Another thing that might be worth knowing, that they told me when I was over at the Kwaker shop, is that if your replace the muffler with an after part muffler the warranty on the engine will not be valid!!

Cheers

/12Gon

Hey Tony

the sliders are great - but how strong are they - do you know if they will stand up to a knock or if they will break off?

I was at the GIVI dealer the other day and they have ordered 30 sets of frames for the side mount and back box mounts for the ER6-N (same set up as for Trent and Bards Bike) - however they will take a month or so to get here.

I tried to get some from Oz but was quoted a 12 - 16 week wait.

Cheers Kev

Hiya Kev,

Which GIVI dealer is getting the racks? I posted pics of the GIVI racks earlier in this thread but at the time there were not available for order. There are a few Givi dealers in Bangkok though last I checked none actually appear on the Givi website...

The sliders and spools I'm getting are high grade CNC machined Aircraft (T6) Aluminum covered in Delrin which is is pretty much the best material one can use as it combines high impact strength, anti friction wear, and is non shattering. I'll have to double check but I think the Bar Ends are Steel.

Having said that, sliders can certainly be broken off if you crash hard enough. When a friend had his recent low speed slide the slider on the right side of his FZ6 actually bent back and cracked his frame... But it also saved his foot!

Personally I consider sliders useful if someone drops the bike at low speed or it gets knocked over in a parking lot. I don't think there are any 100% solutions for high speed crashes or collisions.

Cheers!

Tony

Tony are you heading down to Phuket bike week.

If you are can you see about bring down some engine sliders fro me

Cheers Kev :o

Another thing that might be worth knowing, that they told me when I was over at the Kwaker shop, is that if your replace the muffler with an after part muffler the warranty on the engine will not be valid!!

/12Gon

Keep the old exhaust and bolt it back on. "I know nuffin" :o:D

Tony are you heading down to Phuket bike week.

If you are can you see about bring down some engine sliders fro me

Cheers Kev :o

Hiya Kev,

Yes- I am planning on riding down for the Phuket Bike Week and I'll be happy to bring along a full set of sliders for ya.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony

where did you get the stand from and what was the price?

Can anyone recomend a good customs spay artist to repaint the Er6-N and anyone got any ideas on the price?

Cheers kev

Got the stand on sale at Red Baron- 1200 Baht.

Many good spray shops in Thailand- full spray starting from 8,000 Baht and up depending on how fancy you want to get. You're in Phuket, right? There's a shop where a friend get's his Japanese choppers done in Karoen... can't remember the name...

I've heard Phuket MC does custom paint. As does West Coast / Ride Thailand. Might also want to ask at Big Twin Phuket and MCW (Motorcycle World). I'll bet LivinLOS can chime in and confirm if these are correct and I'll bet he can add a few more.

Ride around and don't be shy- I'm sure you can find some places to take care of you!

Happy Trails!

Tony

/12Gon

Keep the old exhaust and bolt it back on. "I know nuffin" :o:D

Exactly- not a bad idea to hold on the the original bits in case you need warranty service and also it comes in handy when you want to sell the bike. Apparently some provinces are difficult about transferring ownership of modded vehicles.

0330ER6n.jpg

Nice.. In fact the ER6 has grown and grown on me in looks..

What happened to the belly pan ??

Yeah well I cant claim to have hunted high and low yet.. I have frame and rear swingarm sliders (which dont have mount points but I have seen a clever mod)..

Theres lots of touches getting my attention right now.. Will put up an evolution thread soon.

0330ER6n.jpg

Nice.. In fact the ER6 has grown and grown on me in looks..

What happened to the belly pan ??

Heh heh- haven't bothered putting it back on. I mean, the bike's supposed to be naked after all :o I rather like the look of the pipes and the belly pan just hides them and doesn't seem to serve any real purpose.

Good stuff guys! Rickster doesn't know what he's missing... He'll probably be the only guy in Thailand riding a stock ER6n :D

Along with a stock BMW K1200R and a stock Street Triple R, i think your the one missing out sunshine..... :o

p.s When are you putting Ninja stickers on it as you're obviously a boy racer....

Good stuff guys! Rickster doesn't know what he's missing... He'll probably be the only guy in Thailand riding a stock ER6n :D

Along with a stock BMW K1200R and a stock Street Triple R, i think your the one missing out sunshine..... :D

p.s When are you putting Ninja stickers on it as you're obviously a boy racer....

You obviously know nothing about me- no worries, Mr. "I need to get rid of my K1200R cuz it's too fast and scary..." :o

Why you'd get an ER6 if you already have a Street Triple is beyond me...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Along with a stock BMW K1200R and a stock Street Triple R, i think your the one missing out sunshine..... :D

You obviously know nothing about me- no worries, Mr. "I need to get rid of my K1200R cuz it's too fast and scary..." :o

Why you'd get an ER6 if you already have a Street Triple is beyond me...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Simple.....because I can.....

And yes, the K1200R is too fast and scary for Thai roads.......at least i'm man enough to admit it

See you at HKT bike week..... i'll just listen for the noisy Kwak !!!

Edited by Rickster

Got my plates from Mityon today.

They lent me a Ninja 250 for a day, compared to the ER6-N it is horrible. Underpowered to the point of being dangerous, uncomfortable and just draining, up and down that box all the time. Probably for a beginner bike the ninja is OK, but thats it IMO.

I've ridden a Ninja before, but had forgotten how slow they really are.

Made me realise what a fantastic bargain the ER is at only 75K more.

Cheers

Edited by INTJ

Thanks for the sliders Tony, I just need the bike now.

Sorry we couldn't talk a bit more.

Let the good times roll!

NormanW

Hey NormanW,

Don't mention it- the pleasure is all mine and it was great to meet you. Now all you need is a bike! :o

Let us all know once you've scored yourself an ER6n and we'll definitely have to hook up for some rides. (hel_l, if you can wait until the September release date of the ER6f I'll sell you my ER6n for cheap and then you'll have two sets of sliders :D )

Thanks again and Happy Trails!

Tony

Has anyone actually bought one on finance thru Rama 9 kawasaki?

Is finance available to Farang buyers? Or need be registered in a thai name?

I asked if finance can be in Farang name at the kawa stand at the motor show.....no one seemed to know??? Finally said no...but Im sure that answer was just to escape the embarrasment of not knowing.

seems to be alot of :D ing going on in here :D ....I come here to read about what you freaks are doing with your bikes, stop the bikering and get on with it.

For the people not doing anything to your bikes, why are you here dumping on the guys who do??? too scared to ride your bikes :D , now ive read it all....perhaps you could call 'soft-cox' anonymous :o

Has anyone actually bought one on finance thru Rama 9 kawasaki?

Is finance available to Farang buyers? Or need be registered in a thai name?

I asked if finance can be in Farang name at the kawa stand at the motor show.....no one seemed to know??? Finally said no...but Im sure that answer was just to escape the embarrasment of not knowing.

If you have a work permit you can apply for credit/finance in Thailand. Happy Trails! Tony