12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi BBBkk.

Is that some kind of sensor attached to the pipe just before the silencer box on the stock exhaust?

If so will you be adding it to the Two Bros pipe or doing away with it?

Hiya Apetley,

Yes- that is a Lambda sensor. Fuel injected bikes have two, one at the intake and one at the exhaust, and the sensors allow the bike to adjust fuel/air ratio, so yes, I must have a bung welded onto the new Two Bros pipe to accommodate the sensor. I expected the Two Bros pipe would come with the bung, since all ER6n's, Ninja 650's and Versys are fuel injected... :o

I'm not a technician and don't know what would happen if one were to ride without the sensor attached. I suspect the bike would run either rich or lean, neither of which are good for the engine or performance.

Perhaps one of our ThaiVisa techies can provide more information on that front.

Cheers!

Tony

Hi Guys!

Sorry to keep you waiting - finally got the wholesale price list for the ER6n kit I showed off before.

Engine sliders:

0314ER6nSliderLft.JPG

0314ER6nSliderRt.JPG

0314ER6nTailMod.jpg

Bar End Sliders:

0314ER6nBarEnds.JPG

Engine Sliders: 2150 Baht

Rear frame sliders: 1600 Baht

Swingarm spools/sliders: 850 Baht.

Bar End Sliders (might look a little different from the pic above): 850 Baht

Please pardon the terrible quality of the pictures- I took them with my cell phone icon_wink.gif

I've ordered 20 of everything. As soon as I pick up the new kit on Friday I'll get to work on taking better pictures.

<Please advertise parts for sale in "free" Thai Visa classifieds. Here. >

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by soundman

<Please advertise parts for sale in "free" Thai Visa classifieds. Here. >

Um yes SoundMan- that's the plan. Once I actually have the parts available to sell I will post an ad in ThaiVisa classifieds... Is it against forum rules to tell people about parts for the ER6n in the ER6n thread? :o

Like the flush mounted signals and sliders, the spoiler was not my cup of tea though, looks like hillbilly stuff to me :o

Can't wait to you get the 2bros installed Tony, must be a great sound...

Cheers Bard

Like the flush mounted signals and sliders, the spoiler was not my cup of tea though, looks like hillbilly stuff to me :o

Can't wait to you get the 2bros installed Tony, must be a great sound...

Cheers Bard

Hey Bard- you're pretty tech savy. Do you think it would be alright to run my bike with the Two Bros pipe even though I can't attach the Lambda sensor yet? Basically, I'm wondering if I can just ride the bike to a nearby welding shop and have them weld a bung for the sensor to the new pipe, or, should I DRIVE the pipe to the shop and have them attach the bung before I ride the bike with the new pipe?

I'm sure this is a silly question, and to be safe I probably ought to DRIVE the pipe to a welding shop, but dam_n man- I've already got the Two Bros bolted on and I really want to take her out for a spin... :D You know how it is :D

Cheers,

Tony

Yooo Tony,

No no no, don't even think about running it without the sensor plugged in man. That's how they blew up the 250R engines in Thailand from the Indo exhaust. Take it easy and stay safe, check out where to put the bung, mark it with a permanent marker, remove the exhaust and take both with you in your car. Tell them to put one bung where you marked it exactly the same dimensions as the other pipe (stock) leave it with them for a few hours and voila, pick it up bang it on and happy chappy you are...

Cheers Bard

Yooo Tony,

No no no, don't even think about running it without the sensor plugged in man. That's how they blew up the 250R engines in Thailand from the Indo exhaust. Take it easy and stay safe, check out where to put the bung, mark it with a permanent marker, remove the exhaust and take both with you in your car. Tell them to put one bung where you marked it exactly the same dimensions as the other pipe (stock) leave it with them for a few hours and voila, pick it up bang it on and happy chappy you are...

Cheers Bard

Ah the voice of reason and words of wisdom- you are right Bard, that's exactly what I should do... Alright then, I'll have to wait one more day... :o What to do in the interim??? :D

Stop dickking around Tony & put the two dikcs exhaust on, thats the one we want to hear :o

Oy! Patience mate! Dicking around is half the fun, didn't ya gf tell ya? :D:D:D

Here ya go-

Kills me I've gotta wait another day before I can ride her though... :D

WOW nice one Tony, that will defo sound great on trips in the future.

Sorry to put in a non-ER clip but here is the one I am getting put on while in the dark continent on my bike... Can't wait to come back home again :o Hey you're up for a Cambo and Laos trip when I get back?

Need another EPIC ride to celebrate ehh hey new exhaust systems...

Cheers Bard

WOW nice one Tony, that will defo sound great on trips in the future.

Sorry to put in a non-ER clip but here is the one I am getting put on while in the dark continent on my bike... Can't wait to come back home again :o Hey you're up for a Cambo and Laos trip when I get back?

Need another EPIC ride to celebrate ehh hey new exhaust systems...

Cheers Bard

Cool Bard- the Arrow sounds WICKED! You can really hear that the FZ6 is hiding an R6 engine with that pipe! Will be cool to compare to Trent's Akrapovich which also sounds awesome. See you tomorrow! Tony

And after one day riding the ER-6n, my first impressions.

I went out and put about 3 hours in on the windy mountain roads of the Samoeng Loop near Chiang Mai. It is a fun bike to ride, with 2 exceptions. First, I gotta get a windscreen. I feel like my shirt is gonna get ripped off and my backpack straps are beating bruises into my ribs. I've had a windscreen on my bike for so long I forgot how crappy it is not to have one. Second, the seat is awful. It's so slanted forward that I feel like I'm riding down a steep hill everywhere I go. I'm used to long rides but the seat left me pretty sore after.

The seat is an easy fix; I'll take it into a custom shop and reshape it this week. The windscreen is a little harder. Tony, I saw the Givi and Puak (sp?) windscreen pics you posted a little while back. Who can you order through? I can't find anyplace that sells them. There so ugly I might be better off just getting a custom job made though.

On a side note, while riding the loop yesterday, I had been tearing it up for about an hour down a particulary fun strech of windy downhill road. I was moving at a pretty good clip, focusing on my cornering, and feeling pretty confident, when this little dude on a Honda Dream passed me! He didn't just pass me, he dusted me. He was laying the Dream so far over in the turns that he was dragging the foot pegs, and damned if I couldn't keep up with him! I couldn't decide if it was funny or embarrassing; both I guess.

EDIT: Puig winscreen, sorry.

Brand New er6n = 225,000 thb

On road costs = 1,650 thb

Insurance: = 7,304 thb

New riding jacket = 8,000 thb

New Helmet = 35,000 thb

Getting blown off by a 15 year old on his 10 year old honda dream with smooth tyres & blocked carby = PRICELESS :o

Haha, nice one Neverdie.

Do you work for Mastercard? hehe

Stop dickking around Tony & put the two dikcs exhaust on, thats the one we want to hear :o

Oy! Patience mate! Dicking around is half the fun, didn't ya gf tell ya? :D:D:D

Here ya go-

Kills me I've gotta wait another day before I can ride her though... :D

Wonder why the lights dimmed when he started the motor?

Wonder why the lights dimmed when he started the motor?

No big mystery- Like most modern motor vehicles power is cut to other circuits when you press the ignition switch to start your engine... (Have you noticed too that you can't turn on your main headlight on the ER6n until the engine is actually running?) Happy Trails! Tony

Yes, sounds much better.

Bard, the Yammie sounds better too, but the dikchead that did that to his bike should be slapped......I can never work out why anyone would want to rev their machine to redline without a load on the engine......anyway up to him, i guess.

Yes, sounds much better.

Bard, the Yammie sounds better too, but the dikchead that did that to his bike should be slapped......I can never work out why anyone would want to rev their machine to redline without a load on the engine......anyway up to him, i guess.

LOL- Bard would never abuse his bike like that- he'd let Trent do it! :D:D:o

True, I am to much of a petrolhead to do it myself so I let others do it to there bikes instead. I feel sorry for the dudes engine as he redlined to cut over and over with no load, what an idiot, well good for me as I was more interested in seeing the flamethrower capability which is there, and sound.

Cheers Bard

I got my ER6-N at Surat. I was charged 8,000 for the insusrance from Falcon - Actual bill was 7519 - the extra 481 was for service !! The decudtable is 5,000 but is only covers 180k on the bike not the 225K purchase price. :o

It will be interesting to see how Trents insurance works and what they will coff up.

Kev

Tony i think the 13,000 was if ya got it on finance. but yes that's what is Hand written on the price list i have. weird i know.Allan

Hi Allan!

No it has nothing to do with finance or not. It is Lockton Insurance v/s Siam City Insurance.

Siam 13,000b

Lockton 7,520b

/12Gon

Maybe Siam has a smaller deductible? I have a Falcon 1st class for my D-Tracker that cost just over BHT 7000 and covers "everything". The one catch is that the deductible is BHT 5000, and given that the Thai-made parts for the D-Tracker are dirt cheap, 5000 BHT goes a very long way on this bike. Replacing all the fairings on the right hand side plus some signals etc cost me BHT 2,500... not that I am complaining but this setup makes it pretty unlikely the insurance ever has to pay out anything unless the bike gets stolen or in a really bad crash.

Awsome look :D - who did the work on it.

The god thing about the body work is that they are cheap - the whole bike and incuding the fuel tank will only cost around 15k to buy a complete new set - I really like what tehy did with the red - give the bike a real agreesive look.

What coulor are you going for tony now it will have the big sound?

Cheers Kev

Tony, who wrecked. no one we know i hope and hopefully only bruises.

Allan

Sorry- I don't have any details. Bard is the only one who actually made it to Bira on Sunday (and perhaps Andrew?)

Rough weekend all around! A drunk driver tried his best to kill Trent, another car put my cousin-in-law's bf in the ICU with broken arm and leg and wicked road rash. Yikes!

But back to the matter at hand.

Check out this stunning K Speed ER6n!

KSpeedER6n2.jpg

KSpeedER6n1.jpg

KSpeedER6nTail.jpg

KSpeedER6nMrr.jpg

KSpeedER6n.jpg

Pretty cool, huh? :o:D:D

If any one is interetested i finally maneged t get a manual in English from Rama 9. :o

the part number is 99976-1426

It is a fat one as it is mutilingual - English / French and German.

Had a couple of interesting bits in it - worth getting

Cheers kev

Hey Tony

the sliders are great - but how strong are they - do you know if they will stand up to a knock or if they will break off?

I was at the GIVI dealer the other day and they have ordered 30 sets of frames for the side mount and back box mounts for the ER6-N (same set up as for Trent and Bards Bike) - however they will take a month or so to get here.

I tried to get some from Oz but was quoted a 12 - 16 week wait.

Cheers Kev

Sorry to keep you waiting - finally got the wholesale price list for the ER6n kit I showed off before.

Engine sliders:

Bar End Sliders:

Engine Sliders: 2150 Baht

Rear frame sliders: 1600 Baht

Swingarm spools/sliders: 850 Baht.

Bar End Sliders (might look a little different from the pic above): 850 Baht

Please pardon the terrible quality of the pictures- I took them with my cell phone icon_wink.gif

I've ordered 20 of everything. As soon as I pick up the new kit on Friday I'll get to work on taking better pictures.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony

the sliders are great - but how strong are they - do you know if they will stand up to a knock or if they will break off?

I was at the GIVI dealer the other day and they have ordered 30 sets of frames for the side mount and back box mounts for the ER6-N (same set up as for Trent and Bards Bike) - however they will take a month or so to get here.

I tried to get some from Oz but was quoted a 12 - 16 week wait.

Cheers Kev

Hiya Kev,

Which GIVI dealer is getting the racks? I posted pics of the GIVI racks earlier in this thread but at the time there were not available for order. There are a few Givi dealers in Bangkok though last I checked none actually appear on the Givi website...

The sliders and spools I'm getting are high grade CNC machined Aircraft (T6) Aluminum covered in Delrin which is is pretty much the best material one can use as it combines high impact strength, anti friction wear, and is non shattering. I'll have to double check but I think the Bar Ends are Steel.

Having said that, sliders can certainly be broken off if you crash hard enough. When a friend had his recent low speed slide the slider on the right side of his FZ6 actually bent back and cracked his frame... But it also saved his foot!

Personally I consider sliders useful if someone drops the bike at low speed or it gets knocked over in a parking lot. I don't think there are any 100% solutions for high speed crashes or collisions.

Cheers!

Tony

Awsome look :o - who did the work on it.

The god thing about the body work is that they are cheap - the whole bike and incuding the fuel tank will only cost around 15k to buy a complete new set - I really like what tehy did with the red - give the bike a real agreesive look.

What coulor are you going for tony now it will have the big sound?

Cheers Kev

Thats got k-speed branding all over it so ????

I am kinda toying with doing the same headlight setup on my fighter.. Will get build 1 finished first..