Three Pagodas Pass

Finlaco

Yes, as far as I am aware...but here's the rub: you must surrender your passport at the Thai border post and they'll in turn hand you a temporary exit visa allowing you to enter Myanmar....virtually a worthless piece of paper. When you cross over the border, the Burmese guard may hit you up for some tea money or he may accuse you of being a spy...always a game with these meatheads.

Just remember that once you walk or drive into Myanmar, you are now in a very third world country run by a band of military dictators where interpretation of the law locally is almost whimsical--especially as it applies to western foreigners--and your only official proof of citizenship is lying back at a Thai border post. If you choose to cross over in a Thai registered vehicle or tour van, think real hard about the possibility that a profit-hungry thug could sell that vehicle for 3-4 times its value in the gray markets of Myanmar. Think real hard about these ideas.

If the local situation has changed, I'd appreciate somebody with recent, first hand knowledge to make a post and clarify what I've said above. If for some idiotic reason I wanted to return to Myanmar, it would be through the auspices of a reputable tour group and not across a remote border post. The Burmese are very wary of farangs who want to enter their "Union" at such a remote site.

Caveat Emptor.