Visa On Arrival +tourist Visa

This might seem like a pretty stupid question but I just want to be 100% certain before I ruin my vacation.  :D

1. If I go to thailand and apply for a visa on border(15-days on arrival, Estonian citizen), then

2. Spend the next two weeks happily in the country.

3. And after that fly out to Hong Kong where I will apply for a normal tourist visa there.

Will everything go ok? Will I get the tourist visa?

or will it appear to the consulate workers that I´m trying to do some wierd visa run and my application will be denied?

Reason for all this is that I had a brain fart and forgot completely that I need a visa for thailand, yet I would really like to spend a New Years Eve in Bangkok.

Will it work? Or was i too stupid for myself and should just apply for a normal visa and come to Thailand sometime in the beginning of january? :o  

You MIGHT? have the 15 days you mentioned mixed up with the new rule that gives you 15 days, instead of 30 days on subsequent entries, called visa runs. Do you have official information that Estonian's have to have a 15 day visa???

UNLESS Estonia is different, you do NOT need a visa to enter Thailand, you get a 30 day Entry Stamp at the Airport.

I clicked on 'country - Estonia' and got this information. It does NOT seem specific to Estonia, though??.

It also says see the list of 39 countries 'below' but I cannot see that 'list'; so MAKE SURE it applies to your country!

http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/cms/ind...view&id=125

If you want longer than 30 days, you can do a 15 day border run, or go to the nearest country that 'sells' tourist visas, after your 30 days.

There is a new Topic in this Forum about a service to PhomPhen to get tourist visas.

I thought? they could only purchased in one's home country, so make sure of that.

The post has many who went from Thailand for these 'tourist' visas.

Make sure Estonia has the same rules as the Brits, Americans, and Canadians who are supplying the info!

I am wondering if Estonian's are allowed 30 days if they show travel to a 3rd country???

'transit visa'

Somebody here will clarify it for you.

This might seem like a pretty stupid question but I just want to be 100% certain before I ruin my vacation. :P

1. If I go to thailand and apply for a visa on border(15-days on arrival, Estonian citizen), then

3. And after that fly out to Hong Kong where I will apply for a normal tourist visa there.

or will it appear to the consulate workers that I´m trying to do some wierd visa run and my application will be denied?

Reason for all this is that I had a brain fart and forgot completely that I need a visa for thailand, yet I would really like to spend a New Years Eve in Bangkok.

Will it work? Or was i too stupid for myself and should just apply for a normal visa and come to Thailand sometime in the beginning of january? :(

http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/cms/ind...4&Itemid=52

The only thing I can see is that Estonians MIGHT? need something called a Transit Visa???

If you click the above link 'for Canadians', you will see that we are not even on 'visa' per se. It is a 30 day Entry Stamp.

Then, if you Click on 'Select Country' Estonia, it still looks like Canada specific, but the Entry Permit is gone, and they talk about a "Transit Visa".

It seems a bit more complicated that the entry stamp, you have to have travel to a 3rd country thrown in, but it is good for 30 days.

If this 30 Transit visa is a 'requirement' for Estonians, I have no idea, if border runs are allowed on it? OR whether Estonians can get tourist visas.

I think it might be a Link Error to select Estonia, because it does not look specific to your country.

aha a bit of Google

http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/passport-hold...thout-visa.html

You had the 15 days correct. If you want 30, it might be possible with a "Transit Visa"???

Don't registered travel agents have to know this stuff?

OR

Maybe a phone call to here will help?

Estonia Consulate , Thailand

62 Soi Yodsuwan, Pracha-Uthit Road, Huai Khwang

Bangkok

Thailand

Phone:

+66-2-6903779

Fax:

+66-2-6903778

Email:

[email protected]

This might seem like a pretty stupid question but I just want to be 100% certain before I ruin my vacation. :D

Will it work? Or was i too stupid for myself and should just apply for a normal visa and come to Thailand sometime in the beginning of january? :o

You can get your visa on arrival and then leave and get a tourist visa from a nearby consulate. They won't even notice and/or care that you jsut did a trip here.

Do a search for Hong Kong on this forum and you will find info on recent tourist visas issued there.

There are several other places to get a tourist visa besides Hong Kong.

aha a bit of Google

http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/passport-hold...thout-visa.html

You had the 15 days correct. If you want 30, it might be possible with a "Transit Visa"???

Eggomaniac have a look at this link: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491

The OP knows he has to apply for a visa on arrival and will only get 15 days.

FYI a transit vsia also has to applied for at a Thai consulate just like a a tourist visa does.

aha a bit of Google

Eggomaniac have a look at this link:

The OP knows he has to apply for a visa on arrival and will only get 15 days.

FYI a transit vsia also has to applied for at a Thai consulate just like a a tourist visa does.

Thanks. This solves all my worries.  :o

And yeah, we have 15-day visa on arrival., not 30-day one. Thail goverment proposed it few years ago, but our Foreign Office just..wasnt..interested in it for some reason.

Thanks for helping everybody.

I am not clear from you message whether you will arrive by air or at a land border.

Most land borders are NOT permitted to issue Visa on Arrival.

Here is the official list from http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491

which seems to be mainly airports and sea ports, with a few land borders in the north of the country.

List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival :

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport

2. Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok

3. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai

4. Phuket International Airport , Phuket

5. Hatyai International Airport , Songkhla

6. U Tapao Airport , Rayong

7. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

8. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

9. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

10. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala

11. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkhla

12. Samui Airport , Surat Thani

13. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint

14. Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok

15. Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint , Chonburi

16. Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint , Rayong

17. Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai

18. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani

19. Phuket Immigration Checkpoint , Phuket

20. Satun Immigration Checkpoint , Satun

21. Krabi Immigration Checkpoint , Krabi

22. Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint , Songkhla

23. Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai

24. Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani

I have been under the impression that Hong Kong is one of the more unfriendly embassies for tourist visas for non-Chinese nationals. I would consider Vientiane Laos, or KL or Penang Malaysia to be much better bets. Just because there may have been some recent reports of visa success there, most locals go to Laos and Malaysia and I think it would be prudent to characterize Hong Kong as a higher risk for visa failure, especially for someone not from the more favored visa nations.

Edited by Jingthing