24/7 Contact Phone Numbers On Tourist Police Volunteers Website

simon43

I hope it's ok to post this url:

I have added some 24/7 contact phone numbers to the Phuket Tourist Police Volunteer website

http://www.phuket-tourist-police-volunteers.com

These are listed by location and language abilities.

You can call these numbers at any time if you need advice or assistance.

If you are calling in the wee small hours, then you better make sure it's urgent! (Eg - robbed, drugged, road accident etc). If you call because you have just discovered that your 'take-out' for the night has extra meat and 2 veg, then that's your problem :o

Simon

Good to know. Thanks for posting this handy information.

Oh and in regards to the last line of :

If you call because you have just discovered that your 'take-out' for the night has extra meat and 2 veg, then that's your problem
:o

I was in Yasathon the other day and having trouble with a BIB who was up to no good so I dialed 1155 nobody answered for 30sec, by this time the BIB got scared and backed off I hung-up. For an emergency number this is not good. Note I am a member of the Volunteer Police group and travel around the highways of LOS therefore familiar with the habits of the BIB and partic the Highway Robers(police). 2 months ago on a trip back from Bkk to Ubon we were stopped 6 times!!!!!!!! - ok zero money was exchanged but that was excessive I think.

I have had a traffic accident a few weeks ago in Phuket Town middle of the night. Called 1551 and I am still waiting for someone to answer the phone. I then called normal police, but they told me to call TP.

Went the next day to their By-Pass office at 6pm, one person sitting there playing on computer. When I asked him if this is TP, he said, yes but everybody is out eating, which of course I understand.

I guess they only answer the phone 9 - 5, and hope that I will not have a problem during other hours.

Prefer not to comment about efficiency.

Hi Pet, Chercheur888 - a comment concerning the 1155 number. When you dial this number your call is automatically routed through to the nearest TP office. If you are not in a touristy area, then I can well understand that the TP officer may not speak English (which is not very helpful!).

For the Phuket TP office/1155 number, the service is NOT acceptable (at least by my standards). I am sorting out an automatic out-of-hours answering system that will route your call through to an available foreign volunteer according to 'press 1 for English, 2 for French etc'. But I need to buy a rather expensive computer card for this system, so it's on hold!

So, due to the deficiencies in the 1155 service, this is one reason why we have published some direct mobile numbers of TPVs who are willing to be on-call 24/7. I suggest that if you get no response/assistance from the 1155 number, then you call one of the direct mobile numbers.

Simon