Do The Police Really Care In Chiang Mai

november222

WE HAD AN INCIDENT IN OUR BAR LAST NIGHT WHERE A THAI MAN WALKED OUT AND STOLE ONE OF OUR MUSICIANS GUITARS,WE WERE ALL DEVESTATED BY THE LOSS. THE DAY AFTER ,TWO OF THE THREE WHO WE SUSPECTED CAME INTO OUR BAR, THEY WERE OBLIVIOUS TO THE ROBBERY, BUT TOLD US THAT THEY HAD SEEN THE LAD DOWN LOI KROH RD, WE TOLD THE POLICE,THEY TOLD US THAT WE HAD TO REPORT IT FIRST, THEN THEY COULD ACT,WHEN WE REPORTED IT ,THE POLICE TOLD US THAT UNLESS WE HAD A NAME THEY COULD NOT ACT.WE DID NOT HAVE A NAME.WE THEN TRIED TO GET INTOUCH WITH THE TOURIST POLICE,WHO COULDN'T DEAL WITH IT AS THEY WERE HAVING THEIR CHRISTMAS PARTY ! MY WIFE AND I HAVE HAD 4 ROBBERY'S IN THE LAST 2 YEARS,SO WE KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE POLICE........VERY LITTLE......IS THIS THE NORM'

Was you as aggressive with the police as you are with this script?

Edited by sassienie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you really need an anwer to this question? Purlease!

Thailand is a country as an international courtesy only. Thailand really is an amusement park run by mafia. Mafia in brown uniforms. Mafia in plain clothes. Mafia in positions of authority.

If you get into trouble here, DO NOT call the police, or you risk being the one going to jail - be it a road accident, a robbery or any other matter.

As long as you understand that you have left the world of civility and social evolution behind and are swimming in a sewer of criminality and stupidity you can have a good time. It's called a vacation.

That is a bit far-stretched.

Sometimes I wonder about the posting of images of other people, total strangers, on an internet forum for the jollification of the "assembled" audience. The practice may be somewhat curtailed if we had to post truthful images of ourselves by way of comparison. But there's the rub, we are all what we want to be on thhis anonymous faceless medium and of course none of us are in the slightest bit overweight are we? :o

And yes, before the hypocrite charges start to roll in, I enjoy a chuckle, or a shudder, at some of the pics.

Sometimes I wonder about the posting of images of other people, total strangers, on an internet forum for the jollification of the "assembled" audience. The practice may be somewhat curtailed if we had to post truthful images of ourselves by way of comparison. But there's the rub, we are all what we want to be on thhis anonymous faceless medium and of course none of us are in the slightest bit overweight are we? :o

And yes, before the hypocrite charges start to roll in, I enjoy a chuckle, or a shudder, at some of the pics.

I don't mind staged photos where all have agreed t participate. What is sad are candid photos of some homely loser walking down the street minding his own business that someone finds amusing and posts on the internet. Imagine finding such a photo and the subject is you or someone in your family. :D

dave2 added to 'friends'

My girl used to have a figure like that. boo hooo.

oh well

a happy thai is a fat thai. OOAB rather than OOWAN. I think OOAB must mean 'full bodied' rather than 'fat'.

as for my beer belly, i have it on great authority that it is a status symbol here. Never trust a skinny farang.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

WE HAD AN INCIDENT IN OUR BAR LAST NIGHT WHERE A THAI MAN WALKED OUT AND STOLE ONE OF OUR MUSICIANS GUITARS,WE WERE ALL DEVESTATED BY THE LOSS. THE DAY AFTER ,TWO OF THE THREE WHO WE SUSPECTED CAME INTO OUR BAR, THEY WERE OBLIVIOUS TO THE ROBBERY, BUT TOLD US THAT THEY HAD SEEN THE LAD DOWN LOI KROH RD, WE TOLD THE POLICE,THEY TOLD US THAT WE HAD TO REPORT IT FIRST, THEN THEY COULD ACT,WHEN WE REPORTED IT ,THE POLICE TOLD US THAT UNLESS WE HAD A NAME THEY COULD NOT ACT.WE DID NOT HAVE A NAME.WE THEN TRIED TO GET INTOUCH WITH THE TOURIST POLICE,WHO COULDN'T DEAL WITH IT AS THEY WERE HAVING THEIR CHRISTMAS PARTY ! MY WIFE AND I HAVE HAD 4 ROBBERY'S IN THE LAST 2 YEARS,SO WE KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE POLICE........VERY LITTLE......IS THIS THE NORM'

Was you as aggressive with the police as you are with this script?

hey sorry,didn't mean to be aggresive,i was a bit angry at the time,the tourist police as we speak are on the case,and have been most helpful :o

I don't mind staged photos where all have agreed t participate. What is sad are candid photos of some homely loser walking down the street minding his own business that someone finds amusing and posts on the internet. Imagine finding such a photo and the subject is you or someone in your family. :D

First of all these photos were found on the Internet, I just didn't randomly go outside on the street and snap photos. (Although I am sure if I was in BKK I could probably get some a little more silly.) I post these pictures as an amusement and hopefully it did/does bring a 'chuckle' or 'shudder' to some of you. The last thing that I want to do is to offend someone.

For me, my photo is available on the Internet, to which I don't mind. I have it posted in 'linkedin' which is a site where current/past coworkers and business acquaintenances connect together. I also have it posted on 'classmates' where I keep in contact with some of my old school chums. And closer to here, if you look close at my profile page there is a link there where I have a blog created for my daughter which I have a few photos of me as well. So you see, I am not shy about posting my photos. As I have stated on this forum before, I am a few of the lucky. That is I am 50, still have a full head of hair, and my 'beer belly' is not quite so large. Sorry to disappoint all you that thought my avatar was my personal photo. :D

First of all these photos were found on the Internet, I just didn't randomly go outside on the street and snap photos. (Although I am sure if I was in BKK I could probably get some a little more silly.) I post these pictures as an amusement and hopefully it did/does bring a 'chuckle' or 'shudder' to some of you. The last thing that I want to do is to offend someone.

For me, my photo is available on the Internet, to which I don't mind. I have it posted in 'linkedin' which is a site where current/past coworkers and business acquaintenances connect together. I also have it posted on 'classmates' where I keep in contact with some of my old school chums. And closer to here, if you look close at my profile page there is a link there where I have a blog created for my daughter which I have a few photos of me as well. So you see, I am not shy about posting my photos. As I have stated on this forum before, I am a few of the lucky. That is I am 50, still have a full head of hair, and my 'beer belly' is not quite so large. Sorry to disappoint all you that thought my avatar was my personal photo. :D

Oi Dingdongrb,

Cute kid.

You're hair looks like the material my kitchen mop is made out of.....are you sure thats real? :D

And now for my lovely hair pic

fabioql2.jpg