Drriving With My Carr To Cambodia

vertigo4u

I'm very interested in how you plan on getting your vehicle in to Cambodia ??? All the research I've done says you need a permit which is very expensive $1700 USD 1-5 cars and takes 1 month. Unless you plan to roll the dice and pay off the border agents. Which IMO is very risky. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

To answer your question: other than taking the normal precautions I would recommend the device that locks to your steering wheel and a good alarm.

I'm very interested in how you plan on getting your vehicle in to Cambodia ??? All the research I've done says you need a permit which is very expensive $1700 USD 1-5 cars and takes 1 month. Unless you plan to roll the dice and pay off the border agents. Which IMO is very risky. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

To answer your question: other than taking the normal precautions I would recommend the device that locks to your steering wheel and a good alarm.

Absolute rubbish,! you need no such permit, just the car in your name or certified permission from the rightful owner,.20 visits, last one last month,.and as for an alarm and steering wheel lock thats about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, and a hat rack to a moose ,. stay at hotels with security and use common sense, 2 better offers of advice ,IMHO Edited by imaneggspurt

Can you please advise at which border crossing you have been using, I have been continually been refused exit from Thailand in a car, either by the customs or the the Army.(I haven't tried in the last 4 months). Yet I have crossed multiple times on a motorcycle at the same crossings.

Second the advise on parking at hotels with security in the larger towns. In remote areas I don't even take the GPS off the bike and leave the keys in, I would say outside the major towns it is more secure than Thailand.

Can you please advise at which border crossing you have been using, I have been continually been refused exit from Thailand in a car, either by the customs or the the Army.(I haven't tried in the last 4 months). Yet I have crossed multiple times on a motorcycle at the same crossings.

Second the advise on parking at hotels with security in the larger towns. In remote areas I don't even take the GPS off the bike and leave the keys in, I would say outside the major towns it is more secure than Thailand.

ban laem,pong nam ron, very easy going,. i also ride down and have travelled all over cambodia, on a dirt bike, much better in my opinion,.i love rural cambodia,the track ( by no means a road ) between koh kong and pailin through the cardoman mountains is a real adventure ,. Edited by imaneggspurt