Bamboo Saxaphone

blondiewonder

• 1 year later...

As the last remarks on this were some time ago, does anyone know if anyone is making or selling these bamboo saxephones in Chiang Mai currently ????

Gonzo

Don't know about C.M. Gonzo but you can check out the website of the guy in Chiang Rai. It shows pictures of the manufacturing process...very high quality. I was impressed with what I saw and heard. I'm sure he would post one to you.

• 6 months later...
<br />you will need to find a man called Reinhart from Austria, last time I saw him he had moved to san sai area. he was the original bamboo sax man.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi and sorry, but I have to correct you.

The original "Bamboo Sax" man of Chiang Mai was (is?) a very pleasant German man named Eric Clermont who lived in a teak house in the Mae Sa Valley and for a while had a shop next door to Darets at Thapae Gate. At that time he had a feature in the old monthly magazine 'Good Morning" which clearly showed he was the originator.

His instruments were beautifully made and had a very mellow sound.

The long haired younger guy from Austria worked with him for a while, just long enough to learn a little, then "branched out on his own". (The words "in quotes" are to avoid legal repercussions, kow jy?).

I wish Eric well and would love to hear and see his wonderful products again.