Thaksin Supporters To Rally During Two-day Parliament Meeting

george

One set of rules for the rich and another for the poor. Civil War within 2 years. It's Cambodia all over again. Viva La Revolution.

:D

A post this stupid deserves a round of applause.

My last post on here until we are at the stage of corruption charges, when I shall return to remind all these brainwashed people of what they said and how they supported it all to happen, so blindly.

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :jerk:

Enjoy :burp:

Wow, good news like this deserves more than a round of applause...

:o:D:P:wai::D :D

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a chance of civil war in two years. VERY REAL. You would be stupid to ignore the potential.

1/ World Wide Recession and Depression. Japan is now being hammered.

.............edited......

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :o

Enjoy :D

My recommendation: PROZAC, a extended walk in the park, and a double wat po massage!

relax mate, this is thailand, we have seen much worse, much worse!

One set of rules for the rich and another for the poor. Civil War within 2 years. It's Cambodia all over again. Viva La Revolution.

My last post on here until we are at the stage of corruption charges, when I shall return to remind all these brainwashed people of what they said and how they supported it all to happen, so blindly.

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :jerk:

:o:D:P:wai::D:D

To bad you don't leave the post as well, then I would have a reason to put up every icon the board has...... :burp:

Level already left once after hurling insults .... now he's been back and gone again (It happens when the fallacies of his arguments are pointed out to him .. if it only happened with the Thaksinistas as well ... sadly they are just like Thaksin and will stay until the bitter end )

Level already left once after hurling insults .... now he's been back and gone again (It happens when the fallacies of his arguments are pointed out to him .. if it only happened with the Thaksinistas as well ... sadly they are just like Thaksin and will stay until the bitter end )

Really Thaksin stayed :D here I thought he ran away and was moving from country to country.... :D

So if a person is ANTI-PAD actions or even those that are pro UDD, that according to you makes them a Thaksinista? interesting....

If your not on the PAD side you must be with Thaksin, sounds like some one has the Goerge Bush mind set :D:o ......

Edited by MyphuketLife

:o

There are some seriously stupid people on here, and as is said, you cannot make a dumb person intelligent, all they can do is drag you down to their level. My last post on here until we are at the stage of corruption charges, when I shall return to remind all these brainwashed people of what they said and how they supported it all to happen, so blindly.

There is a chance of civil war in two years. VERY REAL. You would be stupid to ignore the potential.

This means Thailand next year will be particularly hit badly with much reduced demand for anything to be made in Thailand. Thailand sadly makes not very much itself and is a workshop but not the owner of the technology.

This will lead to hundreds of thousands of people being laid off, returning to their villages and having no work. This will lead to a massive impact on rural wealth, and lead to a very nasty slope resulting in drugs, drink and theiving.

This will of course be blamed soley on the Democrats and their intereference. It will be blamed on the PAD and Bangkok Elite, who are happy and rich while the poor suffer.

This could turn into a very nasty situation.

2/ On top of this Tourism will be hit hard due to the PAD, the WWR, and present Baht strength.

Again this will feed mostly down to effect the rural poor, and there will be a drying up of the funds thats sent from Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya/Samui back to the rural area's.

Again this will be blamed on the incumbent government and the PAD for making all this mess.

Therefore you could be looking at the majority rural poor being devastated financially in the coming 12 months and more, which will get blamed on the Democrats/PAD/Bangkok Elite.

If at that time a person can rouse them up and lead them, then civil war could easily happen, expecially if the expected, but dreaded death of a particularly well loved and respected gentlemen should happen.

To ignore the world events going on, the effect they will have on the rural poor, and how this will all be laid firmly at the feet of the incumbents, is to be very STUPID.

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :D

Enjoy :D

A good post and hits the nail on the head.

Thailand is not well place to cope with a down turn the size of which we are seeing.

You also have to wonder what resentment will be aimed at Jonny Farang.

Time to sell the "Iron buffalo" and hope that Grannies sick one is better now.

MPL (edit to add name since someone else posted in the interim)

Reading is fundamental ---- (so is writing!)

Since you can do neither (from your response above as well as your claims and then posted avatar ...) you have moved to the "I won't bother" list :o

Edited by jdinasia

MyphuketLife

I dont want fight whit you really, is only a quite request, please can you change your avatar?

Beliveme every time i see i remember my grandfather(7 yrs in african desert againt nazi whit 3 in a punishment camp)and is very sad for me and all people of my age ahd parent fight in that war.

PLS in not for fight only a gentle thing for as.

Tank you again.

[

So if a person is ANTI-PAD actions or even those that are pro UDD, that according to you makes them a Thaksinista? interesting....

If your not on the PAD side you must be with Thaksin, sounds like some one has the Goerge Bush mind set :D:o ......

Cheap polemics wont make it any more right, then it is simply wrong!

Because Doc finances the red's and with them are some of his old entourage Noppadon, Natthawut, Jakrapob and the likes, their sole aim is to topple anything that will oppose Doc and his entourage, to clear the path for Doc's return accompanied by a general amnesty for all who have been banned and the x-tra topping on the piza would be the unfreezing of his money, the unavoidable following steps then, ahhh well I won't dare to just glance at the comin' nightmare!

Jakrapob for example gives statements like this:

When asked what he was fighting for, the close aide of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra replied: "I am fighting for democracy."

"And Mr Thaksin is the most vivid symbol of democracy," he added, "because he came to power through a general election under a democratic system.

"So, I believe that protecting Mr Thaksin is also protecting Thai democracy."

The PTV executive said leading the DAAD rally had added colour to his life.

"I have lived a very simple life, always acted politely and stayed in a safe environment. This is a very good chance for me to taste the real excitement."

He is addicted to politics outspoken politician Samak Sundaravej, a former Bangkok governor, is a role model and says he is now ready to take a risk by choosing sides.

asiamedia:

Edited by Samuian

Policy delivered!

Let's move on!

Someone red-faced today?

and by the way, the "red's", minions of the fugitive, are demanding that this government steps and dissolves, so did the "yellow's" with 2 previous governments, then these governments claimed they were legitiate, well then this one is - som nam nah!

What goes around, comes around!

link:

Sorry, Policy is not officially delivered and cannot move on.

He might as well delivered in his bedroom's toilet, boardcaste it, and said it is done.

The opposition will call it VOID (I am waiting to here how the court rule on this case); Because other that the govt, no one else have enough time to get to themselves to that meeting, which is against the rule.

Thai protesters force PM Abhisit to switch speech venue

Posted: 30 December 2008 1255 hrs

BANGKOK: Thailand's new Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was forced to move his inaugural policy speech away from parliament Tuesday after riot police failed to clear protesters besieging the building.

The British-born leader, who was elected in a parliamentary vote about two weeks ago, instead addressed lawmakers at the foreign ministry as supporters of exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra showed no sign of budging.

Abhisit said he wanted to heal Thailand's economic, social and political wounds after months of crippling protests against the previous pro-Thaksin government, including a damaging blockade of Bangkok's airports.

"The urgent measures in the first year are restoring confidence and stimulating the economy," the 44-year-old Abhisit said in his speech, which was shown live on national television.

Despite repeated efforts by hundreds of riot police armed with shields to push open the gates and create a path for MPs to enter parliament, more than 2,000 red-shirted protesters calling for new elections refused to back down.

Declaring their continued support for Thaksin, who was ousted in a 2006 coup, they say Abhisit's government is not legitimate as he came to power after the Thaksin-linked former ruling party was dissolved by a court this month.

The election of the Oxford-educated Abhisit ended six months of increasingly disruptive protests by anti-Thaksin group the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), which peaked when they seized and shuttered Bangkok's two airports.

The yellow-clad PAD said the ruling People Power Party (PPP) was simply a puppet for twice-elected Thaksin, who lives abroad to avoid being jailed on a corruption conviction.

The week-long closure of the airports in November and early December caused massive economic damage and hurt the country's vital tourism industry.

Under the constitution, a new prime minister must give a speech outlining policy before his government can start work, and Abhisit said he would try to win back tourists put off by the airport chaos, which drew worldwide attention.

"The government will restore the confidence of foreign tourists and speed measures to stimulate tourism and investment," he said, as well as promising stimulus measures for exports, agriculture and industry.

In a debate with senators, Abhisit said he would "rely on the judicial process for national reconciliation" - a reference to prosecutions of those involved in the airport protests and other unrest.

Abhisit's own foreign minister played a leading role in the airport blockade, further angering Thaksin supporters and causing concern in diplomatic circles.

Thailand remains deeply divided between supporters of Thaksin and elements of the old power cliques in the military, palace and bureaucracy who felt threatened by his immense popularity with the rural poor.

Supporters of Thaksin said the dissolution of the PPP on December 2 was a "disguised coup" and want parliament dissolved. Elections are not due until 2011.

The protesters began gathering Sunday and about 9,000 of them sealed off parliament on Monday, forcing repeated delays of Abhisit's policy statement.

Police said the numbers had dwindled to about 2,000 by Tuesday morning.

Authorities are keen to prevent a repeat of clashes outside parliament on October 7, when two people were killed and nearly 500 injured as the PAD tried to prevent then-premier Somchai Wongsawat from giving his first policy speech.

Abhisit, who is Thailand's third premier in four months, rose to the position with the help of defectors from the PPP and coalition parties previously allied with it.

- AFP/yb

OK this is very good point for the PM....now what the tourist can see in their country so they feel confident to come here soon, Italy for example( but all news in europe show the same):

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/ne..._129271731.html

So as i said at the start of this topic....talk for what?

now is restored our confidence!

same same but diferent color.

If we are going for old photo's, I was most surprised this photo made it into "international media" in August 2008, but no such thing in Thai media ?

Wonder why they did not want it publicised the Army were training the PAD guards ?

THAI.jpg

Another 'smoking gun' in an armory of illegally discharged weapons used to massacre democracy.

ops i forget:

Abhisit's own foreign minister played a leading role in the airport blockade, further angering Thaksin supporters and causing concern in diplomatic circles

Good now all us have business in tourism we know very well what this mean....start again lose money.

Do you think we can ask "support" from the governament like the "automotive industry?

They have many bilion of dollars for support why we cannot?

I hope our prime minister help us!!!

I find also the answer from the PM to my question:

Bangkok (AP) - HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej on Monday asked the new Cabinet to maintain stability and order. The revered monarch has called on the new government to make peace its priority after months of protests that divided the nation.

HM the King made the comments Monday at Chitralada Palace as he presided over a swearing-in ceremony for the 36-member Cabinet led by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

In his brief address, His Majesty the King said, “If you (ministers) perform well, the country could maintain peace and this would be a blessing for the country. It is what Thai people wish for.”

HM the King then went on to say that all Thais wanted to see the country to stay in peace so that they can keep Thainess.

His comments came after months of silence about the turmoil in Thailand that included an eight-day blockade of Bangkok’s airports earlier this month.

Abhisit was elected by Parliament last week as Thailand’s third leader in four months.

By law, the coalition government under the ruling Democrat Party starts work immediately after undertaking the swearing-in ceremony.

Pledging that he would strictly follow HM the King’s advice, Abhisit later told journalists that he would try to bring unity back to the people so that Thais and foreigners would have confidence in Thailand but the efforts could “not be achieved without the cooperation of Thais nationwide.”

Abhisit said he and his cabinet wanted to assure everyone that the government would work for the benefit of the people “on the condition that people should help in building (the country).” (AP & TNA)

Im sure only GOD can help us now

Edited by oceano

I wonder if many were here and remember 1997. The Thai people are remarkably resilient and capable of seeing a crisis through.

Thailand's biggest shock is yet to come but with a bit of luck the merchants of doom praying for some kind of civil war will be proven wrong again

The government have to address the issues of bad disttribution of wealth and economic hardships of poor but that doesnt mean they cant. After all Thaksin only gave a very small percentage of GDP to the poor and they worshipped him. If the will is there among the rich even with a recession a lot could be done to improve the lot of the poor. Education which Thaksin deliberatley ignored would be a start that would win ovger a lot of people.

To think the reds and the upcountry masses are the same or that the reds represent them is fallacious.

The country faces hard times but it is not all doom and gloom unless you are a Thaksinista bought and sold body and soul

Policy delivered!

Let's move on!

Someone red-faced today?

and by the way, the "red's", minions of the fugitive, are demanding that this government steps and dissolves, so did the "yellow's" with 2 previous governments, then these governments claimed they were legitiate, well then this one is - som nam nah!

What goes around, comes around!

link:

Sorry, Policy is not officially delivered and cannot move on.

He might as well delivered in his bedroom's toilet, boardcaste it, and said it is done.

The opposition will call it VOID (I am waiting to here how the court rule on this case); Because other that the govt, no one else have enough time to get to themselves to that meeting, which is against the rule.

Quorum

That is all that needs to be said legally. Chalerm and his mates if they remain untied which is moot are being treated in the same way the government treated the Dems when they wer ein opposition. Interesting to see the DFenms have the cojones to do this which I doubted but uit signals tough times for the red side

Anyway quorum as reported in international medai is all this is about

Posted: 30 December 2008 1255 hrs

BANGKOK: Thailand's new Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was forced to move his inaugural policy speech away from parliament Tuesday after riot police failed to clear protesters besieging the building.

The British-born leader, who was elected in a parliamentary vote about two weeks ago, instead addressed lawmakers at the foreign ministry as supporters of exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra showed no sign of budging.

Abhisit said he wanted to heal Thailand's economic, social and political wounds after months of crippling protests against the previous pro-Thaksin government, including a damaging blockade of Bangkok's airports.

"The urgent measures in the first year are restoring confidence and stimulating the economy," the 44-year-old Abhisit said in his speech, which was shown live on national television.

Despite repeated efforts by hundreds of riot police armed with shields to push open the gates and create a path for MPs to enter parliament, more than 2,000 red-shirted protesters calling for new elections refused to back down.

Declaring their continued support for Thaksin, who was ousted in a 2006 coup, they say Abhisit's government is not legitimate as he came to power after the Thaksin-linked former ruling party was dissolved by a court this month.

The election of the Oxford-educated Abhisit ended six months of increasingly disruptive protests by anti-Thaksin group the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), which peaked when they seized and shuttered Bangkok's two airports.

The yellow-clad PAD said the ruling People Power Party (PPP) was simply a puppet for twice-elected Thaksin, who lives abroad to avoid being jailed on a corruption conviction.

The week-long closure of the airports in November and early December caused massive economic damage and hurt the country's vital tourism industry.

Under the constitution, a new prime minister must give a speech outlining policy before his government can start work, and Abhisit said he would try to win back tourists put off by the airport chaos, which drew worldwide attention.

"The government will restore the confidence of foreign tourists and speed measures to stimulate tourism and investment," he said, as well as promising stimulus measures for exports, agriculture and industry.

In a debate with senators, Abhisit said he would "rely on the judicial process for national reconciliation" - a reference to prosecutions of those involved in the airport protests and other unrest.

Abhisit's own foreign minister played a leading role in the airport blockade, further angering Thaksin supporters and causing concern in diplomatic circles.

Thailand remains deeply divided between supporters of Thaksin and elements of the old power cliques in the military, palace and bureaucracy who felt threatened by his immense popularity with the rural poor.

Supporters of Thaksin said the dissolution of the PPP on December 2 was a "disguised coup" and want parliament dissolved. Elections are not due until 2011.

The protesters began gathering Sunday and about 9,000 of them sealed off parliament on Monday, forcing repeated delays of Abhisit's policy statement.

Police said the numbers had dwindled to about 2,000 by Tuesday morning.

Authorities are keen to prevent a repeat of clashes outside parliament on October 7, when two people were killed and nearly 500 injured as the PAD tried to prevent then-premier Somchai Wongsawat from giving his first policy speech.

Abhisit, who is Thailand's third premier in four months, rose to the position with the help of defectors from the PPP and coalition parties previously allied with it.

- AFP/yb

OK this is very good point for the PM....now what the tourist can see in their country so they feel confident to come here soon, Italy for example( but all news in europe show the same):

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/ne..._129271731.html

So as i said at the start of this topic....talk for what?

now is restored our confidence!

same same but diferent color.

Khwanchai the leader of the Udon nutters said he was too busy celebrating new year to send men to BKK. Things look rough for the red side. 9000 is less than the numbers the red supporters here were laughing at and saying were unrpresentative for the yellow side. Thaksin is going to have to spend that last 500 mill pretty quick

i dont understand politics at all but why all you that you have knwolege do you lose your time?

You try to understand thai politics because you are intelligent in this matter and and you talk about but this governament has:

one minister owner of a large BODY MASSAGE in bangkok and that was her work before be minister.

one minister minister played a leading role in the airport blockade.

Ecc Ecc

Taksin have 500 milions of dollars( sure only that?)but him dont like live in some paradise that give to him protection and all him want but want come back in thailand( is not stupid one man like this?....say the true!!)

Before one PM that him lose the power of PRIME MINISTER IN ONE BIG COUNTRY for make a program in one small thai television....ecc ecc

All this politician have someting wrong in the mind....How can an intelligent person talk about them?

no fight...i respect people that talk about politics!!

Edited by oceano

i dont understand politics at all but why all you that you have knwolege do you lose your time?

You try to understand thai politics because you are intelligent in this matter and and you talk about but this governament has:

one minister owner of a large BODY MASSAGE in bangkok and that was her work before be minister.

Ecc Ecc

Taksin have 500 milions of dollars( sure only that?)but him dont like live in some paradise that give to him protection and all him want but want come back in thailand( is not stupid one man like this?....say the true!!)

Before one PM that him lose the power of PRIME MINISTER IN ONE BIG COUNTRY for make a program in one small thai television....ecc ecc

All this politician have someting wrong in the mind....How can an intelligent person talk about them?

If you're being paid to post, may I suggest to your boss he/she sticks you back on manipulating the BKK Post polls.

Ecc Ecc

If you're being paid to post, may I suggest to your boss he/she sticks you back on manipulating the BKK Post polls.

Sorry if a said something wrong.

bye

That would occur only to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion"....

you are right that would occur to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion", it would also occur to those that glanced over the images caption as many people do....

But we all know that was your intension with posting the old images with a stories about todays protest...

Lets see if you ever post a story about the PAD with an image of the GUN SHOOTING that has a caption "Image from past occurance" :o

Mind-reading my "intension" is among your abilities now?

If a description of a photo is put on post and that description isn't read by a poster that somehow isn't the issue?

btw, in case you are unaware, any and all posters are encouraged to post a story. If I post a news story, it often reflects my personal opinion. That reality pretty much extends to all stories posted by non-admin/mods. If you could point out any posts of a news story that is contrary to your personal opinion, please do so.

It's not really any different from poster's choice of photos to use with their avatars. :D

SR used an inflammatory picture to try and add a negative dimension to the story that didn't exist.

He has well known and well belabored pro-PAD views so this isn't surprising. However he is also a regular headline poster so one assumes he is posting the articles as they actually appeared in print, not a propagandists perversion of it. He should be ashamed of himself and needs a really good spanking.

Far too many people nicely miss out masses on information thats relative to the whole situation.

1/ The last TWO Democrat governments were kicked out for corruption.

2/ When TRT was disbanded "very surpsingly" the Democrats were not.

3/ The TRT being disbanded came under a coup appointed government and coup appointed supervision judicial system.

4/ The last election was held under martial law in many places.

5/ In the last election it was clearly reported all Army personal were told to vote Democrat, being a direct order they could not go against it.

6/ Many TRT/PPP politicians were given straight Red cards by the EC, however Democrat and others simply got a yellow card for the same offences.

7/ The more TRT/PPP politicians under the "5 year ban" the more and more support the red shirts will have.

8/ In spite of the Army sending out solidiers to "talk to the people" and in spite of the martial law and in spite of the "all eyes watching all PPP politcians" and in spite of the directives to vote Democrat, the PPP still won.

9/ Read 8 again for those who claim the PPP cheated.

10/ The last coup appointed government achieved nothing. Another one will also achieve nothing and will result in further swing of voters to TRT/PPP/PT.

11/ The PAD are very "protective" of the new 2007 consitution maybe thats because it gives Amnesty to all coup people. If the 2007 constituon is removed and we roll backwards to the last consitition, all the coup leaders could be tried for treason under the previous constituion they voided and replaced (for obvious reasons).

12/ ..........

I could go on and on but in all reality whats the point, everyone is still going to argue and ignore what they want to ignore and promote the bits they want to promote.

Sit back and watch it happen.

Please don't post logic here, it upsets some posters.

'disenfranchised?' If there are any they should be mad at the people that invalidated their votes!

(You know who did that ....! The ones that got caught cheating in the last general election and had their party disbanded for the second time!)

Yes funny how the winners in an army supervised supervised election under martial law get disbanded yet again for "cheating". Of course the problem wouldn't be that they weren't actually supposed to win? Never mind let's disband them and get the losers appointed.

That would occur only to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion"....

you are right that would occur to those that couldn't comprehend "on a previous occasion", it would also occur to those that glanced over the images caption as many people do....

But we all know that was your intension with posting the old images with a stories about todays protest...

Lets see if you ever post a story about the PAD with an image of the GUN SHOOTING that has a caption "Image from past occurance" :D

Mind-reading my "intension" is among your abilities now?

If a description of a photo is put on post and that description isn't read by a poster that somehow isn't the issue?

btw, in case you are unaware, any and all posters are encouraged to post a story. If I post a news story, it often reflects my personal opinion. That reality pretty much extends to all stories posted by non-admin/mods. If you could point out any posts of a news story that is contrary to your personal opinion, please do so.

It's not really any different from poster's choice of photos to use with their avatars. :D

SR used an inflammatory picture to try and add a negative dimension to the story that didn't exist.

He has well known and well belabored pro-PAD views so this isn't surprising. However he is also a regular headline poster so one assumes he is posting the articles as they actually appeared in print, not a propagandists perversion of it. He should be ashamed of himself and needs a really good spanking.

:D another ESP practitioner... :o

So your view is that of the UDD? That there was nothing absurd about their openly daring and challenging MP's to walk the gauntlet? Given their well-documented history of violence (the attached photo of which was a justified example) it is ridiculous to take their statements seriously... pretty much the same as yours. If you can't sort out that "on a previous occasion" doesn't come attached to a "today" event... then I'm sorry for your lacking comprehension skills. But please don't compensate for that shortcoming by misplacing the blame on others. It's an extremely-often-encountered situation in news media to have "stock", "file", "previous" (or other terms) photos attached to "today" events. They are duly noted in their caption to this effect, exactly as I have done.

As suggested above, if you disagree with the articles I post you are strongly encouraged to post your own that reflect or are supportive of your own personal opinion.

:D prosecute the PAD for copyright violation!

opp_logo.gif

Only the PAD logo showed fists surronding a bird.... All too fitting the fist represent those "peaceful" protestors and the bird is the airplane.... The logo fits thier actions pefect!

Again, I repeat,

the 4 clasped arms are

not fists, but hands clasping arms, lifting a greater weight through cooperation'.

THAT is why Oppenheimer is using a similar logo. Obvious to an unbiased observer.

So your observation of this logo is not "pefect".

The four clenched fists of the PAD, the Army, the Democrats and the Elite. :o

Far too many people nicely miss out masses on information thats relative to the whole situation.

1/ The last TWO Democrat governments were kicked out for corruption.

2/ When TRT was disbanded "very surpsingly" the Democrats were not.

3/ The TRT being disbanded came under a coup appointed government and coup appointed supervision judicial system.

4/ The last election was held under martial law in many places.

5/ In the last election it was clearly reported all Army personal were told to vote Democrat, being a direct order they could not go against it.

6/ Many TRT/PPP politicians were given straight Red cards by the EC, however Democrat and others simply got a yellow card for the same offences.

7/ The more TRT/PPP politicians under the "5 year ban" the more and more support the red shirts will have.

8/ In spite of the Army sending out solidiers to "talk to the people" and in spite of the martial law and in spite of the "all eyes watching all PPP politcians" and in spite of the directives to vote Democrat, the PPP still won.

9/ Read 8 again for those who claim the PPP cheated.

10/ The last coup appointed government achieved nothing. Another one will also achieve nothing and will result in further swing of voters to TRT/PPP/PT.

11/ The PAD are very "protective" of the new 2007 consitution maybe thats because it gives Amnesty to all coup people. If the 2007 constituon is removed and we roll backwards to the last consitition, all the coup leaders could be tried for treason under the previous constituion they voided and replaced (for obvious reasons).

12/ ..........

I could go on and on but in all reality whats the point, everyone is still going to argue and ignore what they want to ignore and promote the bits they want to promote.

Sit back and watch it happen.

Please don't post logic here, it upsets some posters.

This is logic? I don't even have to go beyond #1. Explain how #1 is accurate.

Watch out for electoral reform changes to be done by the Democrats with full backing of the PAD is they can get away with it, its quite simple in Thailand, if the people now want democracy after tasting it, take it away from them.

To the "extreme" in future it will be North East will be one area with one MP as will the North with one MP.

Hat Yai will elect 50 MP's, Surat Thani another 50 MP's, Yala 50 MP's etc.......therefore allowing Democrat rule for ever more....... :D LOL

Do you have a source crediting the Democrats, with this interesting proposal, which I haven't seen anywhere else, or is it just invented ? :P

There are some seriously stupid people on here, and as is said, you cannot make a dumb person intelligent, all they can do is drag you down to their level. My last post on here until we are at the stage of corruption charges, when I shall return to remind all these brainwashed people of what they said and how they supported it all to happen, so blindly.

This means Thailand next year will be particularly hit badly with much reduced demand for anything to be made in Thailand. Thailand sadly makes not very much itself and is a workshop but not the owner of the technology.

This will lead to hundreds of thousands of people being laid off, returning to their villages and having no work. This will lead to a massive impact on rural wealth, and lead to a very nasty slope resulting in drugs, drink and theiving.

This will of course be blamed soley on the Democrats and their intereference. It will be blamed on the PAD and Bangkok Elite, who are happy and rich while the poor suffer.

This could turn into a very nasty situation.

2/ On top of this Tourism will be hit hard due to the PAD, the WWR, and present Baht strength.

Again this will feed mostly down to effect the rural poor, and there will be a drying up of the funds thats sent from Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya/Samui back to the rural area's.

Again this will be blamed on the incumbent government and the PAD for making all this mess.

Therefore you could be looking at the majority rural poor being devastated financially in the coming 12 months and more, which will get blamed on the Democrats/PAD/Bangkok Elite.

If at that time a person can rouse them up and lead them, then civil war could easily happen, expecially if the expected, but dreaded death of a particularly well loved and respected gentlemen should happen.

To ignore the world events going on, the effect they will have on the rural poor, and how this will all be laid firmly at the feet of the incumbents, is to be very STUPID.

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :D

Enjoy :wai:

Levelhead, I'm sorry that you felt it necessary to withdraw, before you posted anything to back-up your earlier claim, that the Democrats were planning to reform the constitution, to give Hat Yai & Surat Thani & Yala 50 MPs each, but only 1 MP for each of the North and the North-East. Pity. :o I must remain sceptical. :jerk:

Regarding your comments about the World Wide Recession, hundreds of thousands (I myself believe the ministry forecast of at least a million may be an under-estimate, if anything) of factory-workers being laid-off, the effects of the Strong-Baht policy followed by the previous government, and a serious down-turn in tourism due partly to the PAD airport-occupation, I think are all pretty-much spot-on.

I agree that the social consequences may be very nasty, although I hope not, and that there is every chance that the current new government may end up carrying the blame for all this. They have inherited this mess, but must now be seen to be working hard to reduce its impact on the economy, for all classes and areas of the country.

The potential for a strong and charismatic leader to rouse the people, then slip quietly into a dictators' role, has existed for some years now, and many posters find this a worrying prospect. Civil war would be bad for Thailand & all its people, no less for us farang guests who live here with our families. I hope that the revered & respected gentleman you mention may continue to enjoy good health for a long time to come. :D

:o:D:P:wai::D:D

This is a somewhat mindless reply with silly cartoons. This is your pentultimate? I may not agree with Levelhead's every comment but he does raise some valid points. If it was only you, JD, JR, Plus, Tawp and company posting you would have stroked yourselves to climax after a dozen posts.

Taksin was corrupt as were those that preceeded hin, and those that follow. I can't for the life of me understand why you deify the Democrats who have an appalling record of corruption with no doubt more to follow.

Yes, lets hope all settles down, but let us hear from both sides of the argument, admittedly some posts are questionable in their intellectual value, however in open debate many good points are raised by both sides, hopefully giving those with an open mind foood for thought.

We don't need mingless applause for lack of debate.