Alternative To Harsh Laundry Detergents Here

MisterMan

Hi All,

I have looked but did not see any. I was looking for a detergent perhaps for Baby's clothes at the detergent I use seems to fade my clothes so quickly and are full of heavy prefumes...

I read somewhere about some berry things from India to use instead but not sure if they have them here.

Anyone have any alternatives at are available in Phuket

Thanks

Hi All,

I have looked but did not see any. I was looking for a detergent perhaps for Baby's clothes at the detergent I use seems to fade my clothes so quickly and are full of heavy prefumes...

I read somewhere about some berry things from India to use instead but not sure if they have them here.

Anyone have any alternatives at are available in Phuket

Thanks

errrm.....johnson baby shampoo? But you cannot use them in washing machines. so its to soak your clothes in pails of water with baby shampoo and hang them to dry away from direct sunlight.

Some research has shown that detergents make only a small difference to the washing ability,

Temperature of water also only makes a small difference.

Ergo washing without detergent in a cool wash will be 'almost' as good as using the cloth destroying detergents.

So you have nothing to lose by giving it a go. The first few washes get the detergent out of the machine so judge the results after the, say, 3rd wash.

But you will need more stain remover!

Some research has shown that detergents make only a small difference to the washing ability,

Temperature of water also only makes a small difference.

Ergo washing without detergent in a cool wash will be 'almost' as good as using the cloth destroying detergents.

So you have nothing to lose by giving it a go. The first few washes get the detergent out of the machine so judge the results after the, say, 3rd wash.

But you will need more stain remover!

Interesting... have you tried this?

I was hoping that at the least I could find a baby detergent..

But will give it a try.. not just the clothes ruining but also all the chemicals.. concern me.

More or less tried it.

In Thailand use the laundry (so much easier) but in the UK we have tried the balls with 'something' inside and a stain stick. Have also tried just water.

We tend to use the laundry balls but often think it is just the balls 'bash' the clothing, but often we forget and use nothing in the wash and we are not sure we can tell any difference in most cases.

This link might show you the laundry balls on e-bay but we have never found them in any shop.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Laundry-eco-disks-...%3A1|240%3A1318

We started using the balls as we did not like the detergents. In addition the detergent is heavy to carry home, not that cheap, and kept getting damp and going hard. We like the ball but having bought a set we find they last us a year each, (using only for 5 months a year). Now we have them we use them, but might not buy any more!

There is a load of rubbish on this topic, I suggest do your own experiment!

it may depend on the type of machine thats being used to wash your clothes too. i find that front loaders are much more gentle on clothes. if you give your clothes to someone to wash they may just be using a scrubbing brush on them too.

Also, stop using powdered form of detergents.

They are suppose to melt and use easily for washes but even thailand's hot temperature water dont melt them totally and they leave streaks on dark clothes.

That laundry balls are good ideas, though they dont take out the worse stains at the collars & cuffs.

I also find that they dont work as well in lousy washing machines.

My stepmother has a top loader that get the clothes all in a tightrope bind and the balls are trapped into the clothes.