Thailand Calls To End Strike In Gaza

Thailand calls to end strike in Gaza

Thailand urged Israel on Monday to cease military operation in the Gaza Strip and called for the Hamas to end rocket attacks on on Israeli civilians.

Israeli strikes have gravely damaged Hama's ability to launch rocket from Gaza Strip over the past three day left more than 300 people died.

Thailand urged Israel on Monday to cease military operation in the Gaza Strip and called for the Hamas to end rocket attacks on on Israeli civilians.

Israeli strikes have gravely damaged Hama's ability to launch rocket from Gaza Strip over the past three day left more than 300 people died.

After laughing out loud for almost 20 minutes, representatives of both, Hamas and Israel suggested to the Thai government to

1) Get legitability before making such suggestions.

2) Stop confrontation between red-shirts and yellow-shirts.

3) Solve the general political chaos in Thailand and the unrest in Thailand's south. :o

Edited by 7

After laughing out loud for almost 20 minutes, representatives of both, Hamas and Israel suggested to the Thai government to

3) Solve the general political chaos in Thailand and the unrest in Thailand's south. :o

They laughed out loud as long as I did....

Edited by MyphuketLife

:o .....The Thai authorities couldnt control a bunch of yellow shirted grannies at the airport.

Thailand should consider sending both Israel and Hamas some plastic hand clappers, pretty sure this will reduce political tensions...

Thailand is a large population sovereign country with an official foreign policy and is a member of the United Nations. True, they don't have any influence in the Middle East, but I don't think they deserve disrespect for issuing a very reasonable statement about a very unreasonable situation. Would you diss the Pope, who also holds no sway with Jews and Muslims, who pretty much has said the SAME THING?

Edited by Jingthing

Whilst it is a very sad situation in Gaza, and one that could so easily avoided if there was a genuine will between both sides, it is rather hilarious that a country like Thailand, which is in complete disaray because of the corrupt and divisive policies of it's politicians is issuing a statement like this.

Time for them to get their own house in order first.

Would you diss the Pope, who also holds no sway with Jews and Muslims, who pretty much has said the SAME THING?

Yes...

Fair enough.

Maybe that was a bad example ... :o

It is a position though. A neutral position which implies the warring sides should talk. Some countries are pro Hamas, at least one country is pro Israel, but probably the majority are with Thailand on this one.

Edited by Jingthing

Within its own borders, countries can be as inconsistent, ruthless and hypocritical as they wish, and generally be left alone. Or if publicly criticized by the world community, can ignore it. Myanmar is an even better example than Israel or Thailand. I abhor what is happening in Gaza, by both sides. But neither side will listen to me or to Thailand.

This country is very insular, even xenophobic. If they do not care what the world thinks of Thailand, why should anybody but a Thai diplomat care what other countries do?

Thailand is a large population sovereign country with an official foreign policy and is a member of the United Nations. True, they don't have any influence in the Middle East, but I don't think they deserve disrespect for issuing a very reasonable statement about a very unreasonable situation. Would you diss the Pope, who also holds no sway with Jews and Muslims, who pretty much has said the SAME THING?

Remember WW2? The Pope has no credibility to tell Jews what to do.

Talk about hypocrites. :o

More than anything, it speaks to how crazy this situation is. The Thais have way too many distractions of their own to notice such as this. I don't know a single Thai who would take any time to understanding this mess. As I think about it, I don't think I know that many Farangs who have taken the time to really understand what is going on in the Middle East. It is ugly and it is not going away.

The Israelis broke the cease fire on November 5th and the latest pitiful response of Hamas in no way justifies this kind of response by the Israelis.

How do you forget all of the missles that Hamas has been firing into Israel. What country would allow that?

Now, no quoting from Mein Kampf. :o

Date: 05 / 11 / 2008 Time: 01:27

تكبير الخط تصغير الخط

[Ma'anImages]

Gaza – Ma’an – The death toll in the Gaza Strip rose to six on Wednesday morning after another Al-Qassam Brigades fighter died of wounds sustained in an Israeli airstrike near Khan Younis.

http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=S...ls&ID=33024

the thais , who rebuke any foreign country should they dare to pass criticism on thailand , have no right to criticise the outside world. its pure hypocracy.

the government are only making a statement on the gaza situation in order to ingratiate themselves with the muslim southern states and to curry favour with malaysia.

as far as the situation in gaza goes , more power to the israelis in their fight to rid the region of the dreadful hamas... but as with all conflicts worldwide , it is the innocent that will bear the brunt of the violence.

the arab world have had 60 years to offer help to the palestine people , to empower them with education , technology and financial help , but all they have done is to stand back and allow extremist groups to gain influence and embitter them with force fed political and religious ideaology and use them as pawns and cannon fodder.

hamas's time is up , their policy is more the destruction of israel than the betterment of the palestinians , lets hope the israelis can rid the area of them as quickly as possible.

ok, since i am actually here, i will add my two cents worth: have any of u at all thought what about the thai workers (about 2000 in that area of the moshavim along the gaza area and within the range of the kassem missiles) that are still picking flowers, peppers and cucumbers and living in containers shacks and various other shitty houseing? no one is really explaining to them what to do, where to run to, what the situation is, etc.

my son just went down today to help with the towns in the area that need help organizing the shelters and helping elderly, infirm and parents with kids to deal logistically and psychologically. i asked him to talk with the organization that has gone in to the various areas there to ask also if they need help with the thai workers since often the consulate just doesnt get there...

never mind right or wrong, i really dont care at the moment. i know that my kid is there to help, and can get dead. i know tha t my daughter (in the army as a teacher soldier and is commander of 40 girls)has volunteered to miss the days of study she has in the army to go with her soldiers to help out, and she will also try to find out if help for the foreign (mostly thai and some nepalese) workers need help. at the oment the army wont send them down.

sitting so far away, u can all discuss all u want. but when u hear the sonic booms (anon and i are near jerusalem which is not so near but have heard the sonic booms , but have thai friends in m oshavim within ashdod range), and u know people that are in the range of the missiles, its not as simple.

u can bet that the 'hi/so ' thais here (the few that are here) are not running south to help their brethren. in the mean time, the workers are sitting in their rooms, feeling the booms, smelling the smoke, hearing the sirens, and dont have anywhere to go or really know what to expect.

i hope non of u have family of your wives who are here working in that area, they can certainly tell u how they feel. u can pm me if u want to know about the whereabouts of moshavim/kibbutzim of thai family that are working there.

bina

israel

For whose consumption do you think that statement was made? Certainly not the Israelis. Just a bone to moderate Moslems domestically and regionally.

Secondly, what happened to the policy of non-interference?? When they start commenting on the atrocities of their Western neighbour I might start listening.

Edited by Briggsy

Got a link? I ask because the only similar stories I can find using Google are this one:

"China urged Israel on Monday to immediately stop military operations in the Gaza Strip that have killed more than 300 people, while calling for the Israelis and Hamas to work towards peace."

http://www.france24.com/en/20081229-intern...ian-territories

and this one:

"The strikes appear to have gravely damaged Hamas' ability to launch rockets..."

http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/954816.html

On Thailand's part, its just diplomacy. BTW, nice report from Bina but some people may not know that the reason there are so many "exotic" workers including Thais in Israel is that the number of Palestinian workers has been reduced due to security concerns. Isn't that correct? Anyway, I support Israel's right to defend itself, the other side does not recognize their right to exist so what is talking supposed to do when you are dealing with hard lines like that?

More than anything, it speaks to how crazy this situation is. The Thais have way too many distractions of their own to notice such as this. I don't know a single Thai who would take any time to understanding this mess. As I think about it, I don't think I know that many Farangs who have taken the time to really understand what is going on in the Middle East. It is ugly and it is not going away.

The Israelis broke the cease fire on November 5th and the latest pitiful response of Hamas in no way justifies this kind of response by the Israelis.

I guess it is okay to bash the Palestinians or am I missing something?

Only if they are firing missles at you every day during a ceasefire. :o

UN official says Israel responsible for breaking truce with Gaza

By The Associated Press

Palestinians in Gaza believed Israel had called a 48-hour lull in retaliatory attacks with Hamas when Israel Air Force warplanes launched a massive bombardment of militant installations in the Gaza Strip, a UN official said Monday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1051211.html

Only if they are firing missles at you every day during a ceasefire. :o

By The Associated Press

Palestinians in Gaza believed Israel had called a 48-hour lull in retaliatory attacks with Hamas when Israel Air Force warplanes launched a massive bombardment of militant installations in the Gaza Strip, a UN official said Monday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1051211.html

An Israeli view to show I am not choosing sides.

Amos Oz: Hamas responsible for outbreak of Gaza violence

By Maya Sela

Tags: Hamas, Amos Oz, Gaza

Authors Amos Oz and A.B. Yehoshua published their views of the fighting in the Gaza Strip in two Italian newspapers Monday.

Oz told Corriere della Sera that "Hamas is responsible" for the outbreak of violence, but "the time has come to seek a cease-fire."

Advertisement

He called for a "complete cease-fire, in which they don't fire at us, in exchange for us easing the blockade of the Gaza Strip."

If this thread turns into either an anti-Semitic or US-bashing thread it will be closed and suspensions will be issued.

Those posts disappeared pretty smartly. Guess fair questions are not allowed on TV. Careful we don't restrict free speech too much, else TV will start looking like China. In which case I for one will gladly disappear from here. Maybe I will now be banned. Mai pen rai.

Edited by OlRedEyes

Originally, they took this request to heart, up until they realized that Thailand was not Taiwan, then they giggled amongst themselves as they tried to locate Thailand on a global map.

The problem with seeing this clearly has to do with the ability of the Israelis to infiltrate Hamas and set them up with false flag operations. The fact that as of yesterday, only 20 Israelis had been killed by Hamas homemade rockets in the last 8 years is very telling. One more has been killed in the last 24 hours but the numbers are very telling. Over 400 Palestinians have been killed in the last 4 days.

The Mossad has the motto: by way of deception we wage war. They very easily inflitrate the Hamas but there is no way for the Hamas to infiltrate the Mossad. The public has no idea what actually happened and who fired first.

Haven't all of us seen the hole in the ground in the middle of an open field which represents a Hamas missle attack?

Are all of the Hamas rocket attacks that have been televised with the cooperation of Hamas, really Mossad agents pretending to be Palestinians? More silly conspiracy theories. :o

By The Associated Press

The offensive began eight days after a six-month truce between Israel and the militants expired. During that time, the Israel Defense Forces said Palestinian militants fired some 300 rockets and mortars at Israeli targets, and 10 times that number over the past year.

Edited by Ulysses G.