Phuket Needs More Malls

huggybear

I can't stand these places, would rather see the dentisit

then go see a dentist

With that as post #10, do you view yourself as an intelligent person?

Next........................................

Now now ! with 1200 posts over only one year, 3 plus a day ish and the odd poem maybe you should get out more :o

yeah you're right, three posts takes all of about 3 minutes, good thing there's 24 hours in a day !!!

Sharp as a marble...........

I guess there are as many different opinions about shopping malls as about food and I for one think the amount of malls in Phuket is far overdue.

Robinson in Phuket town was just up and going when I came here and had everything I needed and still have and Tops are the only place we buy groceries.

Thepkasatri Road was not finished and the Bypass road was a nice green lounge from one end to another, except from Phuket International hospital.

Furniture was not a problem me concerned, Tua Pho in Phuket town had everything needed in a tropical climate.

Nowadays its like living on a island made up of to many motorists, concrete, malls and luxury villas where the inhabitants seldom are more in touch with anything Thai or tropical than the their private driver and the flowers in their garden.

10 + years ago I enjoyed swimming, cycling and riding on the island and trained and participated every year in Laguna Triathlon and it was a dream to practise and be active in such a great climate.

I was in a “good age” already at that time so after a few years I found it to hard in the end to perform at a age group competive level. I still keep in shape but on very different level.

However I have friends who still “hang inn there” and they are telling me that they slowly get pushed away from roads on the main island due to extremely traffic conditions and that they now have to do most of the training out North from Marriot or in Phang Nga.

One friend which have used Suan Luang Park ( King Rama IX Park) near town for his run training since he came here 14-15 years ago, and I think he still run there said it like this: first they push us of the road, then cut the park in nearly half and now the ocean is filled with Box jelly fish , seems soon the only easy accessible activity left here are shopping and drinking.

Just back from my daily walk. Today we ended at the big mall in build just past Chalong circle. For some reason I had it in my head that Carrefour was opening there. But to my surprise it's mostly Home Pro & Home Works. Huge multiple buildings. The Villa sign has gone, but they are adverting shops and international restaurants. Bit disappointed no Carrefours, really hope Villa opens.... :D Gerd, what you know ... :D

BTW ... Home Pro opens 31 Jan 2009. Hard to see ready in 3 weeks.... :o

Just back from my daily walk. Today we ended at the big mall in build just past Chalong circle. For some reason I had it in my head that Carrefour was opening there. But to my surprise it's mostly Home Pro & Home Works. Huge multiple buildings. The Villa sign has gone, but they are adverting shops and international restaurants. Bit disappointed no Carrefours, really hope Villa opens.... :D Gerd, what you know ... :D

BTW ... Home Pro opens 31 Jan 2009. Hard to see ready in 3 weeks.... :o

Alex,

No informations so far, sorry.

Spoke many times to Foodland to open a shop here in Phuket but they don't do it :D .

Can you imagine to have a Foodland here with 24hrs opening :D .....