Stimulus Money To Reach People In March, April: Pm

george

World rice production is 645million tons per annum by 114 countries , 50 have more than 100,000 tons per annum , Asia produces 90% of this , however , half of this is produced by 2 countries , China and India . Thai comsume average per person 100 kl per year, GDP is us$111 billion , only 11% comes from agriculture who have 56% of total labour . Present rice yield is 2.33 tons per hectare , one of the lowest in the world , mechanisation has improved production . Thai has increased exports to 6.5 million tons per year , the increase has not come from increased prodution however , it comes from reduced demand by the local populace . 75% of rice production comes from the central region in the dry season . Fertiliser consumption is 1,660,863 tons per year .

Chinas yield per hectare is 6.2 tons .

Thai yield per hectare is 2.33 tons .

International Rice Research . :D:o

You are obviously biased toward the old ways of doing things

And that is not calling all Thai farmers lazy.

If it was said in any of the Pad/elite topics the poster would have been crucified already.

Jeez, why does it take a right wing fascist elitist like me to point out that rural folks are not lazy?

But if they say so in Thaivisa farming forum than it must be true.

:o

The 'Quote ' you gave as if pertaining to something I had written , YOU WERE THE ONE THAT REFERED TO THE ANCIENT WAYS NOT I , so the quetion "And is that not calling all Thai farmers lazy " In actual fact pertains to your opinions not mine . Should you and your defenders re-read ALL of our posts and have an understanding of the English language , it will become (Or should) obvious that you in fact are the one who made the point about Thai laziness , not I , I merely supplied 'The carrot on a stick ' as another poster commented , but then again , you most likely misunderstood that post also .

Because you also do not appear to have read the comments on TV farmers thread , so know not of what they have proven , you make a dismal attempt at sarcasm , I am attempting to make comments that will somehow persuade you to put in some usefull dialogue to your local farmers that will easily improve yield and thus income , but due to your indifference , you instead become sanctamonious in your attitude , so be it . Please do not be so blatantly critical toward posters who are at least making some attempt for improvement , for whatever frustration you may be feeling because you have niether the knowledge or intent , just enjoy your life the best way you see fit under your present circumstance . :D:D

The 'Quote ' you gave as if pertaining to something I had written , YOU WERE THE ONE THAT REFERED TO THE ANCIENT WAYS NOT I , so the quetion "And is that not calling all Thai farmers lazy " In actual fact pertains to your opinions not mine . Should you and your defenders re-read ALL of our posts and have an understanding of the English language , it will become (Or should) obvious that you in fact are the one who made the point about Thai laziness , not I , I merely supplied 'The carrot on a stick ' as another poster commented , but then again , you most likely misunderstood that post also .

Because you also do not appear to have read the comments on TV farmers thread , so know not of what they have proven , you make a dismal attempt at sarcasm , I am attempting to make comments that will somehow persuade you to put in some usefull dialogue to your local farmers that will easily improve yield and thus income , but due to your indifference , you instead become sanctamonious in your attitude , so be it . Please do not be so blatantly critical toward posters who are at least making some attempt for improvement , for whatever frustration you may be feeling because you have niether the knowledge or intent , just enjoy your life the best way you see fit under your present circumstance . :D:D

Well .... just so any misunderstanding of what was actually said in your first post can be corrected :

First off , there is too much emphasis on these 'Hard working ' rice farmers , how many hours do they ACTALY work per crop ? Most of the work is by the struggling rice to survive in variable weather and water conditions , on top of this , the majority of 'The hard labour ', if you can call it that , is by the hired help . Show me a Thai who puts in a full day of PRODUCTIVE labour and I will give you a Westerner who produces a minimum of 5 times the END PRODUCT , of better quality . Should Thai learn to work as hard as they play and talk at 'Work ' one may see some definite inprovement in production .

Thailand is one of , if not the , lowest producers of rice per rai , simply because of thier lazy attitude , flame me if you wish , but first take the time to do a comparison of rice production with China , 1,000 kilo as apposed to 350 , if you are lucky , per rai in Thailand . They need a kick up the ass , not any kind of hand out which they will most likely spend on a new phone or some other such toy , they are still but children when it comes to economics , and please no comparisons to the western world , you happen to be living in Thailand and this just happens to be a THAI RELATED FORUM . :o

Your reason for low rice production per rai in Thailand is invalid -- and your post is insulting to the majority of rice farmers in this country. The use of stereotypical generalities such as -- ---" They need a kick up the ass" and "hand out which they will most likely spend on a new phone or some other such toy" speaks more to your bigotry than to the work ethic of the Thai farmer.

"useful dialogue"---"some attempt for improvement" ---- nothing like that in your posts --- only a sad parroting of intolerance --- providing no contribution to actually improve the situation.. Others are doing that!!

Just on the off chance you actually give a sh*t as to (one) reason for the low Kg/rai rice production in Thailand --- consider ..... 88% (area under cultivation) of Thai rice is produced under rainfall only conditions (nil irrigation) ..... unlike almost all other major producers. Where rice is grown under irrigation --allowing more than one crop annually -- Thai rice production output quite good.

Thailand remains the largest rice exporter in the world and (unlike China and others) forbids GM rice.

What I wrote was regurgitation of an article concerning improvement of production by government and NGOs who made attemtps to retrain farmers in more effective methods , an interest was shown until it was also mentioned these methods required 12/14 more hours of labour per season , no takers . As to my doing nothing or giving a s###t , my extended famlies production has gained 25% more yield due to searching info on TV farming thread and taking advise/suggestions from the likes of Maize Farmer . Those farmers have increased production 50% under the same conditions as those who chose to not listen to advise from thier own country men . Another poster picked up on what he called '' MY comparison " post . I was a tad more blatant than the NGOs , got some attention though , usualy makes people more aware , but i missed out , did not realise some would just get pe-ed off and psis in my ear , ah well . :o