"camping Gas" Cylinders Available In Chaing Mai?

Artamus

I did a search on "camping gas" but came up with nothing.

Does anyone know if/where you can get "Camping Gas" cylinders in Chiang Mai. I have a couple of camping stoves from Europe that use these cylinders and need a supply.

If these are not available in Thailand what is the local solution to small portable camping stoves?

thanks

Does anyone know if/where you can get "Camping Gas" cylinders in Chiang Mai. I have a couple of camping stoves from Europe that use these cylinders and need a supply.

If these are not available in Thailand what is the local solution to small portable camping stoves?

thanks

Not sure if it is what you are after but, if it is not one of those 9"-12" long cylinders that clamp on the side of the stove, there are 5 kg BBQ sized tanks available. I get them for my BBQ and they should be usable for camping if you have the room to haul them around with you.

thanks

Not sure if it is what you are after but, if it is not one of those 9"-12" long cylinders that clamp on the side of the stove, there are 5 kg BBQ sized tanks available. I get them for my BBQ and they should be usable for camping if you have the room to haul them around with you.

Thanks for the reply. I am actually after those small C203 (I think that's the code) cylinders. They are small (about 10 cm diameter) and screw into the base of the stove. Small and handy - not a great cylinder to lug around.

Some small cylinders have been available but not sure they will fit your stove. Central Kaat Suan Keow had some and small stoves, you could also check the camping supply store at Airport Plaza and Robinsons there. Check in the cooking supplies area and the camping supplies areas at Central and Robinsons also the big sporting goods store at KSK.