New Member, Coming In Feb. Need Help To Rent Condo

rick99

Hi, and Happy New Year to all. This is my first post as a new member.

I am coming to Thailand in February/March for a few months to seriously check out retirement options (I retired in September). My Thai GF (with Canadian citizenship...like me) are both looking for a peaceful and fun place. We will first consider the Pattaya area (as relatives live in Bangkok). I speak no Thai, so need to be with English speaking population. We like to be able to easily go to a market and places to eat. Please note, I have never been to Pattaya, so please tell me where the "nicest" area is for ex-pats.

I need help in choosing a month long condo rental (with an option of two months if we decide Pattaya is "it"). I see a place called "View Talay Condo"....they seem to have lots of rentals (according to Fair Properties). Is this a good place to stay? (other condo names will be appreciated if they are nicer and/or better location). I see rates from $10,000 to $35,000.

We plan to rent and then choose options (buying condo, renting/buying house in a well managed and expat friendly community). I am an avid reader of this forum, and appreciated the advice on renting first. We also may want to consider Phuket, and Chaing Mai on this exploratory vacation (any advice here is also appreciated).

cheers and thanks :o

rick

Edited by rick99

There is an area called Jomtien Beach which is more family oriented and quiet compared to the Pattaya side of the bay. I have lived here (own a condo) for over a year and find it a nice area with many amenities. It is also a short drive to Pattaya city if you need to go to any specific shops there. Jomtien Beach has many good restaurants and a couple of markets where you can buy fresh groceries. It is a short drive to the major shopping centers like Tesco or Big C.

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Please use Thai Visa Classifieds to advertise condo rentals.

There is an area called Jomtien Beach which is more family oriented and quiet compared to the Pattaya side of the bay. I have lived here (own a condo) for over a year and find it a nice area with many amenities. It is also a short drive to Pattaya city if you need to go to any specific shops there. Jomtien Beach has many good restaurants and a couple of markets where you can buy fresh groceries. It is a short drive to the major shopping centers like Tesco or Big C.

<snip>

Thank you for the advice. Jomtien Beach sounds like the place to stay long term. We are still making further plans, but the condo. sounds great. ps. How does one go to Pattaya? taxi, bus?

From jomtien to pattaya, there are plenty busses. they have no number but by just asking you'll find one that'll take you where you want.

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Please use Thai Visa Classifieds to advertise condo rentals.